Fantasy 2019 - Empire League Discussion

Three 1sts for any player is oversold. You can find skill position players for minimal cost (salary or trade) who could put up say 3/4's of what Elliott scores, for the year, then hold onto your picks and draft some stud RB next draft. Or use one of those picks on someone else's big name RB, and still have two 1sts left.

A11dAtP0w3R hasn't been sitting and watching :(

But good for you, great coup. Empire's Herschel Walker historical moment. You can turn all those into the Dallas Cowboys of Empire in a year.

What the hell are you talking about? I did exactly what you do!!! Got rid of all my early round selections and obtained a fifth off Blacky...

Re Elliott... I'm well aware I gave up overs, but you shoulda seen what dagless wanted off me instead originally!! I had to annoy him with PMs for the past two months until he couldn't take it anymore just to get him to agree to come down to that!!! ....to be fair to him tho I didn't budge til today either, my original offer was giving him unders because of the holdout. ..... so we met in the middle and we both end up miserable. Fair deal in the end.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
What the hell are you talking about? I did exactly what you do!!! Got rid of all my early round selections and obtained a fifth off Blacky...

Re Elliott... I'm well aware I gave up overs, but you shoulda seen what dagless wanted off me instead originally!! I had to annoy him with PMs for the past two months until he couldn't take it anymore just to get him to agree to come down to that!!! ....to be fair to him tho I didn't budge til today either, my original offer was giving him unders because of the holdout. ..... so we met in the middle and we both end up miserable. Fair deal in the end.
touche

wow more than three 1sts originally!

great assessment...met in the middle both miserable in the end -- only in terms of the actual transaction itself, the "morning after" so to speak...feeling the pain of having a stud pried from ones roster and the pain of having THREE 1sts pried from ones kitty.....like teeth extracted.....because you both did well from it....top 3 player for a decade youll have abd he'll have THREE ******* 1sts to boost his roster

touche

wow more than three 1sts originally!

great assessment...met in the middle both miserable in the end -- only in terms of the actual transaction itself, the "morning after" so to speak...feeling the pain of having a stud pried from ones roster and the pain of having THREE 1sts pried from ones kitty.....like teeth extracted.....because you both did well from it....top 3 player for a decade youll have abd he'll have THREE ******* 1sts to boost his roster
Late firsts aren’t exactly worth much, so I’m hoping at least two freakishly find themselves in the top 8.

Is a good draft year tho...

I've found a way for me to comfort myself for giving up 3 firsts. I got one of them for AJ and another one for Antonio Brown (which I converted into Josh Jacobs and a first)

So all in all :

In : Jacobs , Elliott

Out: Green, Brown, a first, a third and Ito Smith

Ahhhh, that feels much better.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've found a way for me to comfort myself for giving up 3 firsts. I got one of them for AJ and another one for Antonio Brown (which I converted into Josh Jacobs and a first) plus my own.

So all in all :

In : Jacobs , Elliott

Out: Green, Brown, a first, a third and Ito Smith

Ahhhh, that feels much better.
then you did brilliantly

then you did brilliantly

All thanks to the miracle of Shiny somehow ending up with the second worst record in Empire last year while scoring more points than a few playoff teams (myself one of them).... God was looking out for me with that AB trade.

The mindset has changed to contending since acquiring Zeke, stashing Gronk and JPP in hopes of late season gold.

In terms of JPP, no real downside considering he's on the final year of his current contract, if he doesnt play this season I keep him on IR and re sign at league minimum next year. If he is forced to retire ive wasted 3.5mil, woop dee do.

Gronks getting the itch already, you can tell... slightly more than a 50% chance he returns this year I reckon.

Herndon's 4 week suspension has been a blessing in disguise for me honestly.

Gives me 4 weeks to assess some players (Dissly, Olsen) and situations (Gronk) ...without it I wouldnt have room for them all as id be over the TE/WR/RB roster limits. God bless you Roger Goodell ❤

Herndon's 4 week suspension has been a blessing in disguise for me honestly.

Gives me 4 weeks to assess some players (Dissly, Olsen) and situations (Gronk) ...without it I wouldnt have room for them all as id be over the TE/WR/RB roster limits. God bless you Roger Goodell ❤

Really like Herndon, reckon he’ll have a big year when he gets back. Picked him for Cutthroat a few weeks back and had forgotten about possible suspension

Really like Herndon, reckon he’ll have a big year when he gets back. Picked him for Cutthroat a few weeks back and had forgotten about possible suspension

Yea, hell def be on my roster when the suspension is up, one of the other guys will have to go. Looked good in the preseason, he looked as though he'd put on a few kgs too, was very lean for TE last year but still had a good rookie year which is rare for a TE these days.

Back