Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
11.30pm AEST tonight.

Team news

Dawid Malan suffered a groin injury while batting at Malahide and won't take part - England have called up Sussex's uncapped opener Phil Salt as cover. Ben Duckett looks likelier to play, however, and make his T20I debut alongside Archer and Ben Foakes. Jordan, a first pick in this format, will probably replace one of Curran or Liam Plunkett.

England: (possible) 1 James Vince, 2 Ben Duckett, 3 Joe Root, 4 Eoin Morgan (capt), 5 Joe Denly, 6 Ben Foakes (wk), 7 David Willey, 8 Adil Rashid, 9 Jofra Archer, 10 Chris Jordan, 11 Tom Curran

Imam-ul-Haq and Hasnain featured in the XI against Leicestershire and could both be given T20I debuts. Asif Ali will be looking to push his case for World Cup selection but Shoaib Malik is not available, having returned to Pakistan for personal reasons. Mohammad Amir (also currently outside the World Cup 15) and Junaid Khan offer further left-arm options in the pace attack.

Pakistan: (possible) 1 Fakhar Zaman, 2 Babar Azam, 3 Imam-ul-Haq/Mohammad Hafeez, 4 Haris Sohail, 5 Asif Ali, 6 Sarfaraz Ahmed (capt/wk), 7 Faheem Ashraf, 8 Imad Wasim, 9 Hasan Ali, 10 Shaheen Shah Afridi, 11 Mohammad Hasnain

Pitch and conditions

The pitch at Cardiff is generally pretty good for scoring in white-ball games - not to mention the first domestic first-class match of the season there, which yielded 1390 runs and just 19 wickets. England have occasionally been tempted to change their two-spinners formula here thanks to the short, straight boundaries. The forecast is for minimal chance of rain but temperatures barely out of single figures.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...nd-vs-pakistan-only-t20i-pakistan-in-eng-2019

David Willey is very fortunate not to have had a serious injury. During his bowling run up his foot went right through one of those underground storage boxes and it shattered.
During his run up? Why would they have one where a bowler could run over it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back