MVP 2019 Essendon Board Player of the Year - Winner Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Well folks it's been another long home and away season. There's been some ups, there's been some downs and there's been no shortage of genuine wtaf moments in a variety of colours and flavours. The best thing though is that right at the moment as I type this we're still in it. Despite everything. It's nice. 8 other club's supporters wish they could be where we are right now.

Throughout the home and away season a number of people have taken 10 seconds after each game, no matter how good or bad, over the following week to have a vote and I want to thank those people who know who they are. It'd be even more interesting if everyone voted every week but eh.. I get it.

Now before we move on I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank our sponsors <PM to find out how to get your company's name here!>. It's a truly amazing product you have that I think literally everyone can benefit from in their lives in some fashion.

Which leads me to 3rd place. Just ahead of another few players who had pretty good seasons themselves, with a very respectable score of 27 which you'd think would be worthy of a spot in the AA squad at least but there you go..

3rd Place - Adam Saad (27)

Which further leads me to the runner up on a score of 35, in his first season in nice colours for a long time..

2nd Place - Dylan Shiel (35)

So without any further ado, in that earnest tradition of things like this established over a number of years, it gives me great pleasure to present to you all the winner of the 2019 Essendon Board Player of the Year Award with a lead of 12 points, for the third time in his career..

1st Place - Zach Merrett (47)

Other results below..

4. Dyson Heppell (25)
5. Jake Stringer (23)
6. Michael Hurley (21)
7. Darcy Parish (19)
8. Conor McKenna (17)
9. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (16)
10. Patrick Ambrose/Shaun McKernan (12)
11. Mason Redman (11)
12. Cale Hooker/Dylan Clarke (9)
13. Kyle Langford/Andrew McGrath (7)
14. Orazio Fantasia/Mitchell Brown (6)
15. Aaron Francis/David Zaharakis (5)
16. Joe Daniher (4)
17. Will 'Mingma' Snelling (3)
18. Jayden Laverde (2)

19. Thomas Bellchambers/Martin Gleeson/Devon Smith (1)

So that's it from here. It's been a great honour and a privilege to present this year's awards and I hope to see you all here again next year.

Go Bombers!

Look forward to Shiel rage posting on here post Grand Final that he was robbed of this award after his massive finals series.

Good stuff Beery, it's a hell of a job. Especially after a good win. The one drawback of being good.

Also quality picture of Shiel's girlfriend throughout the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back