2019 Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I've had such low expectations for a season for a long time. Even the last few years I was fairly optimistic we'd bounce. For a while before that I had finals expectations.

I expect a very difficult year with under 6 wins, some heavy losses and staffing changes. I haven't posted much in the offseason since my thoughts are mostly pessimistic on the club right now. Honestly I think we are directionless and a total shambles and some supporters will be in for a real shock about just how bad we are once the season starts.

On the bright side, it wont take much to impress me and I'll be pleasantly surprised if we aren't total shite.

Bottom 2, and Ross & Rosich will get turfed.
Baby steps people

Rightly so if we finish bottom 2. We have been putrid the last 3 years and a forth of abasolite crap on and off field will end a whole heap of careers you’d think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tabs,Cox,Hill, Blakely ,Switta back in the next couple of weeks. Hogan isn't injured and will continue to train. Will be fit when he is mentally right. Sandy maybe. Who realistically expected Hogan to be playing in the early rounds. The injuries are a hiccup but at the minute there are no long terms. 10 to 12 wins must still be on the cards.

Well after 5 rounds we have to still be thinking finals?

That last quarter was probably a snap shot of our team now. Set shot goals to Colyer, Matera, Hogan and Lobb. All new players in our forward half.

Taberner a clunk in the goalsquare because Hogan brought Davis out to the 50m line.

Walters a set shot too.

Our back 6 looks awesome.

I’m still hoping finals.

Our first part of the season always looked like we could have more wins than losses. It’s going to be a bloody tough stretch coming up. I’d hope we’d be contending for a finals spot but I just want us to reduce the number of blowouts, beat some teams that were meant to be better than us and more wins than the past couple seasons.

So.... Premiership or GTFO

Our first part of the season always looked like we could have more wins than losses. It’s going to be a bloody tough stretch coming up. I’d hope we’d be contending for a finals spot but I just want us to reduce the number of blowouts, beat some teams that were meant to be better than us and more wins than the past couple seasons.
If we play like we did today we'll beat a lot of teams we wouldn't have thought possible. I quite like our draw in terms of strength of opposition at home vs away. Lots of weaker teams away.

Percentage is always a solid indicator.
We’ve won well and lost narrowly.

Last few seasons we’ve won just and lost massively.

GWS away is as big a win any club could have, but we did it with a scoring game plan. Not a 65-60 type shut down win.

Gives me hope.

Still plenty to play out, but I see ya on an upward trajectory.

Well after 5 rounds we have to still be thinking finals?

That last quarter was probably a snap shot of our team now. Set shot goals to Colyer, Matera, Hogan and Lobb. All new players in our forward half.

Taberner a clunk in the goalsquare because Hogan brought Davis out to the 50m line.

Walters a set shot too.

Our back 6 looks awesome.

I’m still hoping finals.

Part of me says yeah, part of me says don't get my hopes up too much.

Still don't genuinely believe finals. We'll be too up and down with not enough depth for that.

10+ wins and ~90% would have been my pass mark before the season and I think we're probably on track for that.

So.... Premiership or GTFO
Western Bulldogs next week, Adelaide at Adelaide Oval is a huge chance with the form they’re in. Richmond here gives us a huge boost. Then Essendon at Marvel stadium.. that’ll be interesting. They’re all winnable. Home games are tougher opposition, but that crowd factor and Optus stadium really pushes the players. The last two week against better opposition showed we can match them, especially today against GWS.

Expectations rising. Even season, so many top teams worst off. But only round 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back