2019 Expectations

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Too right about Switta - watching him yesterday he might have a higher ceiling than just a good small forward (as handy as that would be).
Zizzzling Zam Zwitkowzzzki is looking hot and ready to burn a few teams I reckon. Good to see the extra pace he and Colyer have brought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigKep

Debutant
AFL Club
Fremantle
Zizzzling Zam Zwitkowzzzki is looking hot and ready to burn a few teams I reckon. Good to see the extra pace he and Colyer have brought.
He's great, seeing his two games at the back end last year it was evident he could play. Doesn't waste the ball and his tackling pressure is elite.

On SM-G611F using BigFooty.com mobile app

dominguez

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
Still don't genuinely believe finals. We'll be too up and down with not enough depth for that.

10+ wins and ~90% would have been my pass mark before the season and I think we're probably on track for that.

Our depth players aren't stars but they're guys with 2/3/4 pre-seasons under their belt and are AFL ready. I'm confident that Crowden, Bewley, Banfield, North, Nyhuis, Duman, etc will contribute if/when given an opportunity.

If our 5 best players stay fit throughout and if Blakely can hit the ground running we'll play finals IMO. A starting midfield of Fyfe, Mundy, Blakely and Darcy/Lobb/Sandilands is pretty scary for opposition teams.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Our depth players aren't stars but they're guys with 2/3/4 pre-seasons under their belt and are AFL ready. I'm confident that Crowden, Bewley, Banfield, North, Nyhuis, Duman, etc will contribute if/when given an opportunity.

If our 5 best players stay fit throughout and if Blakely can hit the ground running we'll play finals IMO. A starting midfield of Fyfe, Mundy, Blakely and Darcy/Lobb/Sandilands is pretty scary for opposition teams.
Who are our 5 best players?

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thread starter #506
Who are our 5 best players?
Fair question.
I’ll go:

Fyfe
Walters
Pearce
Hogan
Brad Hill

Next line:
Ryan, Taberner, Langdon, Hamling, Mundy, Blakely

Then:
Lobb, Wilson, Matera, Tucker, Conca

Lastly:
Brayshaw, Cerra and anyone else.

That’s a seriously solid 18.

If we lost anyone from the top 2 brackets I’d be peeved.

Yes I know I left out Sandilands and Stephen Hill.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #507
The discussion between our best five and our most important five is very interesting.

I think our best are Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Brad Hill and Hogan/Ryan

Our most important in my view are Hamling/Pearce, Brad Hill, Lobb, Fyfe, Ryan

AFL Club
Fremantle
The discussion between our best five and our most important five is very interesting.

Remember when Lobb was just an average slow ruckman according to most on here? Good times.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #509
Remember when Lobb was just an average slow ruckman according to most on here? Good times.
He is playing like Tim English at the moment. Make it a contest and we rove from the opposition hands then burn them on the spread and scoring.

We need a ruck, but if we lose Lobb then we are stuffed.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Going the forward slash twice; bit disappointed in you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Fair question.
I’ll go:

Fyfe
Walters
Pearce
Hogan
Brad Hill

Next line:
Ryan, Taberner, Langdon, Hamling, Mundy, Blakely

Then:
Lobb, Wilson, Matera, Tucker, Conca

Lastly:
Brayshaw, Cerra and anyone else.

That’s a seriously solid 18.

If we lost anyone from the top 2 brackets I’d be peeved.

Yes I know I left out Sandilands and Stephen Hill.
Good break down. Wouldn't want to lose Ryan or Mundy in particular from your second line.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thread starter #514
Good break down. Wouldn't want to lose Ryan or Mundy in particular from your second line.
Yep. I actually had Ryan in my top 5 then thought about it and Hill deserved top 5.

Mundy should be ahead of Hogan, but I really rate what Hogan has allowed Taberner and McCarthy to do this year. It’s been made more obvious with seeing how Melbournes forward line has all of a sudden become dysfunctional.

Absolutely rate Hogan.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
A couple of rounds ago many on here including myself would have had Darcy in the "most important" category, and perhaps even Blakely given the loss of Neale and vacancy we badly needed filled. All things being equal, I would have SHill in the best players.

Quite impressed that we are doing ok.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
You must be a genius 88 if you predicted us getting over GWS after they had just beaten ladder leading Geelong away from home, with us playing them at a venue they haven't lost at in the previous 9 games there. Top work. Curious to hear your theory about why we would beat GWS, but not the Cats who they had just beaten.

Top Bottom