2019 F1 Championship - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

When she a 10 but turns into a 3 the morning after
53919155_2182892568443704_1709317050171654144_n.jpg

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I like it. Added a little game within the game there at the end.
I'm not sure what I feel about it. It's like they're admitting that these races aren't as exciting as they could be (mostly because of team orders), but don't do anything to solve that issue and just add another qualifying lap for points within the race.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like the extra point.
Good on Bottas. Hope he beats Hamilton more often. Even though I don't hate Hamilton.
Will F1 ever have four or five teams who genuinely contend every weekend? Three is boring.
Especially when one of the three is off the pace.
Albert Park is a beautiful circuit. Shame that it entails no real racing.
That is all.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I like the extra point.
Good on Bottas. Hope he beats Hamilton more often. Even though I don't hate Hamilton.
Will F1 ever have four or five teams who genuinely contend every weekend? Three is boring.
Especially when one of the three is off the pace.
Albert Park is a beautiful circuit. Shame that it entails no real racing.
That is all.
It looks like one of those tracks that would be awesome to have all by yourself in a really quick car.

For once there was more action in the Supercar races this weekend.

Things I took from today:

1: Bottas is on a mission (If he did the impossible, how many other drivers have been knocked off for the world championship by two different number 2 drivers?)

2: Ferrari better show something in Bahrain or its going to be a 1 horse season.

3: Honda won’t have the endurance for 2019, but Max has the car that will win him a World Championship in the next few years.

4: Renault have a lot of work to do to deliver what they have promised Danny.

5: Williams are about to join Tyrell, Brabham, Benneton as former world championship winners to fade away out of F1.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
2014: Lewis Hamilton
2015: Lewis Hamilton
2016: Nico Rosberg
2017: Lewis Hamilton
2018: Lewis Hamilton
2019: Valtteri Bottas ?

Great drive from Bottas today, lets hope he can maintain this type of competitiveness. Although it does worry me a little as to how shocked he was that he had pace today.
Disappointing that Leclerc isn't allowed to race Vettel this year.

Surprised only 28% of people thought Bottas was the driver of the day (presumably most will have been turned off by the fact he lead from start to finish in the fastest car on the grid) but that was about as close to perfection as you're ever going to see. The fact Lewis was never in contention for the race after the turn 3 speaks volumes of how good Valteri was today.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Things I took from today:

1: Bottas is on a mission (If he did the impossible, how many other drivers have been knocked off for the world championship by two different number 2 drivers?)

2: Ferrari better show something in Bahrain or its going to be a 1 horse season.

3: Honda won’t have the endurance for 2019, but Max has the car that will win him a World Championship in the next few years.

4: Renault have a lot of work to do to deliver what they have promised Danny.

5: Williams are about to join Tyrell, Brabham, Benneton as former world championship winners to fade away out of F1.

I would have thought Hulkenburg getting 7th was pretty close to what Renault promised Ricciardo this year. They'll push for a podium on tracks that suit (and will need some luck) and try to get minor points for both cars more often then not.

Back