2019 F1 Championship Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

YES, well done Charles! Thoroughly deserved that win.

Also how boring is it hearing HAM crying on the radio about his team strategies every race when he isn’t out in front lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like HAM is the only driver not wearing the black arm band. Even the Ferrari staff are wearing one. Not a good look especially after his “fans don’t show enough respect” Instagram post

Looks like HAM is the only driver not wearing the black arm band. Even the Ferrari staff are wearing one. Not a good look especially after his “fans don’t show enough respect” Instagram post

Also him swigging the champagne when LeClerc just put it down isn’t a good look either but as the bloke on sky said “Great respect shown by all three drivers with muted celebrations”

Also him swigging the champagne when LeClerc just put it down isn’t a good look either but as the bloke on sky said “Great respect shown by all three drivers with muted celebrations”

A bit pathetic that you two are using the death of someone to carry on your circlejerk of Hamilton.

"He's not mourning correctly!"
"He drunk the champagne!"

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

It was also Bottas that sprayed a bit of the champagne, by the way.

A bit pathetic that you two are using the death of someone to carry on your circlejerk of Hamilton.

This. So much this. I get it, even as one of Hamilton's strongest supporters on this forum, I am not thrilled with every aspect of his behaviour. However, if anyone thinks for one second that he's anything other than unhappy that a young man lost his life, because of an armband and a quick swig of champagne, they're being absurd. Everyone processes this sort of thing in different ways. The moment Hamilton became aware of the accident yesterday? He cut off interviews to be with the motorsport community, because no one understands better than a racing driver of the risks - and tragedies - involved in motorsport.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

It was also Bottas that sprayed a bit of the champagne, by the way.

Umm wtf? Im not using anyone's death for anything and it's disgusting for you to suggest that.
I just said it wasn't a good look for HAM after he made the big instagram post about showing respect less than 24 hours ago. In what way did I suggest he wasnt mourning correctly.

Bit pathetic to think its a circlejerk mate.

Anyway, back on to the topic of the race, another poor result from RIC and Renault. Strategy ruined it for him today.
Also gutted for Norris, deserved that fifth place.

Umm wtf? Im not using anyone's death for anything and it's disgusting for you to suggest that.
I just said it wasn't a good look for HAM after he made the big instagram post about showing respect less than 24 hours ago. In what way did I suggest he wasnt mourning correctly.

Bit pathetic to think its a circlejerk mate.

You just complained that he wasn't wearing a black armband. Did he spray champagne or complain he should have won?

It is pathetic.

You just complained that he wasn't wearing a black armband. Did he spray champagne or complain he should have won?

It is pathetic.

I just said it wasn't a good look in my eyes after his instagram post, never once suggested he wasn't mourning but whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just said it wasn't a good look in my eyes after his instagram post, never once suggested he wasn't mourning but whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

t05micsoxyj31.png

But he didn't wear it on his race suit so it doesn't count I suppose.

Renault going to the end with Dan

May as well
with 11 laps left he was7th on dead rubber...

They could have pitted him for softs and let him run - would have been in 12th with 11 laps on fresher rubber..by leaving him out he got 15th.... crap dice rolling

But he didn't wear it on his race suit so it doesn't count I suppose.
I mean, he lead the minute silence for Anthoine so I never once suggested he wasn't mourning and never said it didn't count.

Good to see he was wearing one at one point though :thumbsu:

Nice to see Vet and Lec can play nice :)

"It’s not a common occurrence to hear Sebastian Vettel being told to move aside for his team mate, but that’s what occurred during the Belgian Grand Prix. Once the German knew a win was not on the cards, he says his focus switched to playing the team game… "

Looks like RIC was in two minds about the race last night. I do remember that interview Sky did with Cyril Abiteboul before the race and he mentioned how RIC was normally a very outwardly emotional person and that it worked both ways, as in, you can always tell when he is happy with his infectious smile etc, but he could tell that RIC had been very troubled by Hubert's passing and was questioning whether to race or not.

Last edited:
Would've been shattered if he didn't hold on.

You cannot accuse Seb of not being a team player though, that's for sure. Him holding up Lewis for about three laps on tyres that were falling away proved the difference - meant Hamilton never got within DRS range of Leclerc until the finish line was in sight. And if you ask Seb, I am sure he will say he is happy to finish 4th if it meant his teammate won.

You cannot accuse Seb of not being a team player though, that's for sure. Him holding up Lewis for about three laps on tyres that were falling away proved the difference - meant Hamilton never got within DRS range of Leclerc until the finish line was in sight. And if you ask Seb, I am sure he will say he is happy to finish 4th if it meant his teammate won.

100% agree. I read that in the team photo afterwards Charles wanted Seb in the front with him to acknowledge the role he played in helping him secure the win, but Seb stayed at the back as he didnt want to take away from Charles win so everyone pointed him out anyway.

hF_6vXmcYTRxz5WjsvK2Rb8kZIvDYi_aAa2Q8XmrC_U.jpg

Considering the rubbish year they have had too

Seb has become more likeable with age.

It easy to crack the shits over Renault with Ricciardo's strategy, but it was a gamble. Nobody knew for certain what was the best strategy to take.

Does this race not highlight that Leclerc is a better raw talent than Vettel? Same car, same starting tyres, so much quicker. Out-qualified Vettel for the last six races too.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
I said "no" in an earlier post, and now I'll try elaborate as you asked.

Leclerc having a spell of form over Vettel in the situation they're currently in (Ferrari being clearly 2nd best to MB) doesn't mean much imo.

Leclerc doesn't have any experience to draw off, and Vettel has heaps. There would be situations where Vettel probably couldn't give a s**t (It's not the first time a team mate has got the better of Vettel, but he's always reestablished himself later on).

A couple of races ago at Hockenheim, Leclerc ended up in the wall while Vettel charged his way through the field. So what do you make of that?

Tottenham beat Man City in the CL 1/4 final last season. It doesn't mean Tottenham is better than Man City, doesn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back