2019 F1 Championship Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

10 second penalty for LeClerc with the front wing incident. 5 second penalty for LeClerc again for the collision with Verstappen.

If the FIA were really serious about this, though, should have been a disqualification.

Imagine this at approaching 300 km/h...

Peqg3Md.jpg
I'd be punishing the stewards that didn't give him a black and orange flag as well.
Also, does this promote Ricciardo to 6th ?

I'd be punishing the stewards that didn't give him a black and orange flag as well.
Also, does this promote Ricciardo to 6th ?

Yes. The gap to Gasly in 8th is too far.

Now hearing rumours of Racing Point lodging a protest over driver aids in the Renaults, though. May be another disqualification for technical breaches lol.

Don’t agree with the penalty for the loose bits of bodywork.
Agree with the penalty for the Verstappen incident, should have been 10 seconds or a drive through.
Race control really needs to take some blame for the bits hitting Hamilton. They need to react much quicker to these sorts of incidents. Not rely on the teams/drivers to do the right thing.

Yes. The gap to Gasly in 8th is too far.

Now hearing rumours of Racing Point lodging a protest over driver aids in the Renaults, though. May be another disqualification for technical breaches lol.
Be pretty disappointing if Renault have broke technical regs again costing them big points after Singapore.

How the * would Force India have any idea what Renault are doing though.

Watching replay now as was out all day, about half way through, flap HAM likes to whine on the radio a lot and always questions his teams strategy.

Don’t know the result yet but it wouldn’t surprise me if he wins from here because of the strategy that he is complaining about. Hope MERC don’t screw BOT here...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shame VET ****ed the start but well done BOT, didn’t really put a foot wrong all weekend so I’m glad to see him win

Just combing through this thread now, shouldn't be surprised at the complete silence about LeClerc's antics and Vettel's start. And somehow blaming Verstappen for...something. He was 100% spot on in his interview about the Ferraris.

Certain posters also have a tiresome repetitive agenda. Pitiful obsessions.

Going to stick to Reddit (lol) for actual meaningful discussion of F1.
Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

So ah, race results came from a lap early because of a flag error...haha

VET's response to the early flag :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Certain posters also have a tiresome repetitive agenda. Pitiful obsessions.

Going to stick to Reddit (lol) for actual meaningful discussion of F1.

TBF, the F1 subreddit is no different, still the same lovefests and agendas, just in greater numbers lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t agree with the penalty for the loose bits of bodywork.
Agree with the penalty for the Verstappen incident, should have been 10 seconds or a drive through.
Race control really needs to take some blame for the bits hitting Hamilton. They need to react much quicker to these sorts of incidents. Not rely on the teams/drivers to do the right thing.
10 second penalty for LeClerc with the front wing incident. 5 second penalty for LeClerc again for the collision with Verstappen.

If the FIA were really serious about this, though, should have been a disqualification.

Imagine this at approaching 300 km/h...

Peqg3Md.jpg
I wonder what the position and decision would be if there was no Halo and if it had of hit the helmet. Thankfully it didn’t

When its the same reaction each race week regardless of the outcome, then yes.

Yesterday was a great example. Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen both did absolutely nothing wrong - circlejerk of certain posters saying 'sucked in max' and 'whine moar lewbaby'. When it's Kimi complaining about team strategy, he's a lad, but when it's Lewis complaining, he's a dick.

Sebastian Vettel investigated for a jump start (and somehow not being penalised), Charles Leclerc and Ferrari copping 15 seconds of penalties and fines and penalty points and endangering the safety of other drivers - crickets.

It's annoying but I suppose this is BigFooty, not BigF1.

Not looking good for Renault if what was in Force India's 12 page dossier about them is true. Sounds like FI have been sitting on this for awhile....

Apparently the FIA were telling Ferrari to pit Leclerc. Dangerous and stupid move to ignore those requests. Lewis is lucky he only lost a mirror.

Why didn't the FIA issue a flag?
In fact, why cant the FIA contact the car directly? The technology exists to put the flags on the steering wheel display. The technology exists for race control to talk directly to the driver.
To be telling the team to pit the car is a waste of time in any dangerous situation.

Not looking good for Renault if what was in Force India's 12 page dossier about them is true. Sounds like FI have been sitting on this for awhile....

Has someone left Renault and dobbed them in? How else would force India have any idea what brake bias they are running at any stage.

Has someone left Renault and dobbed them in? How else would force India have any idea what brake bias they are running at any stage.
In car cameras show whats going on with adjustments to bias.
1571032003518.png
This is Hamiltons steering wheel and you can see the bias adjustments on the right hand side (below the PC button) and then if you watch his qual lap you can see him adjusting bias
This vid from 2018 shows it really well

Whereas if you watch Dan's incar there seems to be no bias adjustment

Hope that helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back