2019 F1 Championship Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

In car cameras show whats going on with adjustments to bias.
View attachment 764310
This is Hamiltons steering wheel and you can see the bias adjustments on the right hand side (below the PC button) and then if you watch his qual lap you can see him adjusting bias
This vid from 2018 shows it really well

Whereas if you watch Dan's incar there seems to be no bias adjustment

Hope that helps.

Daniel had an interview with roseberg where he said he doesn't bother with that stuff much.

Doesn't at all explain what I was asking though, Force India don't have access to Renault's on board telemetry to see if the brake bias is changing without the driver flicking the button unless its showing up on the screen without the driver moving his hand.

Daniel had an interview with roseberg where he said he doesn't bother with that stuff much.

Doesn't at all explain what I was asking though, Force India don't have access to Renault's on board telemetry to see if the brake bias is changing without the driver flicking the button unless its showing up on the screen without the driver moving his hand.

Other teams might not care enough to scrutinise Renault that closely, and Racing Point Force India as their direct rivals might have had their suspicions a few races ago and started compiling the on board vision, available telemetry etc. There's a lot of data collecting behind the scenes that we just don't know about.

If RPFI have a dossier on this for the FIA then I suspect there is reasonable grounds for concern that you've been busted if you're Renault.

Other teams might not care enough to scrutinise Renault that closely, and Racing Point Force India as their direct rivals might have had their suspicions a few races ago and started compiling the on board vision, available telemetry etc. There's a lot of data collecting behind the scenes that we just don't know about.

If RPFI have a dossier on this for the FIA then I suspect there is reasonable grounds for concern that you've been busted if you're Renault.
I agree with this, plus F1 being the political beast that it is rumours and innuendo go a long way towards getting something banned or at least looked at.
Remember the mass damper furore, the tech was legal yet it still got banned due to the other teams not being able to figure it out.

The FIA themselves would have access to all the data + footage, much more so then any opposition team and they haven't picked anything up.

Still much more inclined to believe a former Renault employee has turned whistle blower and told Force India, amateur hour to be busted bending the rules for the 2nd weekend out of the last 3 with this one potentially stripping them of all their points for the year.

The FIA themselves would have access to all the data + footage, much more so then any opposition team and they haven't picked anything up.

Still much more inclined to believe a former Renault employee has turned whistle blower and told Force India, amateur hour to be busted bending the rules for the 2nd weekend out of the last 3 with this one potentially stripping them of all their points for the year.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if both the FIA had no idea (teams are clever at hiding this stuff), and if it was a disgruntled ex-employee.

They also wouldn't necessarily be looking for something like this though, would they?

Pretty much every instance I can remember of parts of cars being deemed illegal have come from other teams' protests. Dan getting a penalty because the FIA picked up on his MGU-K going out of spec for a fraction of a second a couple of races ago was an anomaly

They also wouldn't necessarily be looking for something like this though, would they?

Pretty much every instance I can remember of parts of cars being deemed illegal have come from other teams' protests. Dan getting a penalty because the FIA picked up on his MGU-K going out of spec for a fraction of a second a couple of races ago was an anomaly
The FIA should be the ones picking up on this stuff though, they have the available data.

Parts I can understand they look to copy aero ideas and wonder how they can get away with it but the onboard computer side should always be FIA.

The gap in prize money between 5th (Renault) and 7th (Racing Point) is probably pretty substantial. That would be Racing Points main goal in pushing this (as to where they got the info from, who knows....)
If this projection from the start of the year is anything to go by, the difference is about $13m, or a more than 20% increase on what 7th gets

If this projection from the start of the year is anything to go by, the difference is about $13m, or a more than 20% increase on what 7th gets

Well worth being a nark for 13 mill :tearsofjoy:

Max crying because Leclerc did to him what he did to Leclerc in Austria
Max did same thing to ADR in Hungary 2 years ago... pushed the inside, washed out down force and took ADR out - side pods and radiator damage.

But now its an issue.

LeClerc really should have been DQ on the spot, the ass clown. Listen to your team you ******* twit. Ferrari really are a pack of dipshits.

I watched Leclerc's onboard footage, apparently Ferrari had told him to pit and at the last second they changed their mind and told him not to pit.

Edit: found the onboard footage with the team radio for the first 3 laps

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know why HAM appeared so downbeat during the presentation. Sure he didn't win and could have been seriously maimed by Leclerc's front wing flying towards him, but his team just secured the Constructor's championship. Be happy for your team and for BOT FFS

Does anyone know why HAM appeared so downbeat during the presentation. Sure he didn't win and could have been seriously maimed by Leclerc's front wing flying towards him, but his team just secured the Constructor's championship. Be happy for your team and for BOT FFS
Not sure but its carried through till Tuesday

(from his instagram)

UZtFF35.jpg

69S5PM2.jpg

I realise this is fodder for Hamilton haters.

(from his instagram)

haha I was going to make a joke about wondering if he posted this from his private jet....but I guess not :p

The gap in prize money between 5th (Renault) and 7th (Racing Point) is probably pretty substantial. That would be Racing Points main goal in pushing this (as to where they got the info from, who knows....)
I'll put on my tin foil hat and say it was Nico Hulkenberg leaking this info, once he got the chop from Renault :p

I’m sorry, but anyone who posts like Lewis has, but makes his fortune from an industry that is based on fossil fuel usage, deserves to be fodder.

I’m sure there’s a seat available for him in Formula E if he wants to help the environment and still be a racing driver.

(from his instagram)

UZtFF35.jpg

69S5PM2.jpg

Trying to push his baseless beliefs onto the rest of the world.

I mean he blanket covered agriculture as a major pollutant rather then just the livestock side of the industry, does he not realise he is including all the vegetables being grown as bad for the environment?

Lewis been reading this thread ??? :rolleyes:

Great driver on the track. Teenage girl off the track

Thank God he has forgiven them, I'm sure they wouldn't sleep at night.

And guys, maybe that was his plan all along since the "haters" gave him fuel to keep going, see, he is being green! :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back