Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
mexico-banner-setup.jpg

1446548160528.png

Yeah, recording a purple in that sector under yellow was always going to bite him. Bit strange that they didnt summon him earlier, but par for the course with F1 stewards.

Max stripped of pole and given 3 place penalty, despite telemetery showing he lifted.
View attachment 770805
Saw it live here in LA... thats a Bs ruling. They commented at the time but he had lifted.. perhaps just not enough.. but he had lifted and he already had the pole. TO be stripped of it is crap IMO - and im no Max fan but thats poor.

Saw it live here in LA... thats a Bs ruling. They commented at the time but he had lifted.. perhaps just not enough.. but he had lifted and he already had the pole. TO be stripped of it is crap IMO - and im no Max fan but thats poor.
I too think its bullshit, but Max himself admitted that he didn't lift, so was always going to cop a penalty.

Just think, if he had of lifted he would have still been on pole anyway, hindsight is always 20/20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's odd that the telemetry shows he lifted, but Max admitted he didn't ?
I'm not convinced that that is what the image KinkyRene posted shows.

Looks to me that that telemetry shows Max braking hard (throttle goes to zero, braking goes to 1) with about 100m to go in whatever distance the graph covers (looks to be longer than the 4.3lm lap length, but even if its limited to lap length it would have been past the point of Valteri's car anyway). I think that the graph might be completely wrong because he clearly didn't brake until after the line

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that that is what the image KinkyRene posted shows.

Looks to me that that telemetry shows Max braking hard (throttle goes to zero, braking goes to 1) with about 100m to go in whatever distance the graph covers (looks to be longer than the 4.3lm lap length, but even if its limited to lap length it would have been past the point of Valteri's car anyway). I think that the graph might be completely wrong because he clearly didn't brake until after the line

The tele seems to match startline to startline rather than to finish line, your vid is great as it shows the difference and goes some way to explaining the stewards decision.

What are you, or anybody else who shares your opinion, talking about?

There's no running away form a fight. He's beaten Verstappen, and had better seasons than him, more than once. There's nothing left to do at RB except lose a PR war.

RB have nobody. They couldn't replace him with Gasly. Albon might win some races in a few years, but he's not going to do anything huge.

Verstappen is having his best season, but he's done it with the benefit of Ricciardo not being there, and he's still going to get swamped by both Ferraris and still end up 5th. RB/Honda have little or no upside.

When are they going to lift?

Never.

What are you, or anybody else who shares your opinion, talking about?

There's no running away form a fight. He's beaten Verstappen, and had better seasons than him, more than once. There's nothing left to do at RB except lose a PR war.

RB have nobody. They couldn't replace him with Gasly. Albon might win some races in a few years, but he's not going to do anything huge.

Verstappen is having his best season, but he's done it with the benefit of Ricciardo not being there, and he's still going to get swamped by both Ferraris and still end up 5th. RB/Honda have little or no upside.

When are they going to lift?

Never.
Daniel saw the writing on the wall (that Max was the preferred driver) and chose to leave rather than stay and fight.
Red Bull are a far stronger team (with more upside). They are a good chance to get another Grand Prix win this weekend, their 3rd of the season and 7th podium.

Renault will be lucky to still be in F1 after 2021...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back