2019 F1 Championship Round 19 - United States Grand Prix - 1-3 November

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets say that Lewis is the best driver on the grid, and Stroll is the worst (could argue others, but Stroll sucks).
Both of those drivers in a Mercedes and I reckon Stroll would be at least 1 second off on flying lap pace.

Even at 6-8 tenths that's the difference between being on pole and being 3rd-4th in their dominant years, likely 5th-6th this year.

The only drivers I could see replicating what Hamilton has done at Mercedes (and even then they wouldn't necessarily be odds on) in the same circumstances (vs Rosberg then vs Bottas) would be Vettel or Alonso.
Max and Daniel would have probably won a title or two in the car, but not 5/6.
Rosberg is the only one we can compare against which puts Hamilton around the level of Webber. Until he races against someone else I'll be keeping Lewis down at rank 5 for fastest driver on the grid.

Also I wouldn't have the gap near a second between Lewis and stroll, half of that tops. Unless someone botches a lap there is generally only a tenth between teammates across the board.

Until he races against someone else
Tied with Fernando Alonso in his first year of F1 ?

Rosberg is the only one we can compare against which puts Hamilton around the level of Webber.
I don't follow, how is Hamilton equal to Mark Webber ?
Hamilton beat Rosberg twice and then was a reliable car away from doing it again in 2016.

Unless someone botches a lap there is generally only a tenth between teammates across the board.
Thats my point. I wouldn't back (most of) the current grid to constantly not botch laps head to head with Lewis.

Tied with Fernando Alonso in his first year of F1 ?

I don't follow, how is Hamilton equal to Mark Webber ?
Hamilton beat Rosberg twice and then was a reliable car away from doing it again in 2016.

Thats my point. I wouldn't back (most of) the current grid to constantly not botch laps head to head with Lewis.
I am talking about comparing h2h records, Webber was 12-6 vs Rosberg and Hamilton was 42-36 so you put Hamilton and Webber in the same car there isn't much between them which makes all of Vettel, Ricciardo, Leclerc & Verstappen faster then him in my book.

If Bottas or Hamilton leave Mercedes it will give another reference point, Alonso didn't really race anyone to compare with besides Kimi who both he and Vettel dominated. Happy to come back and give him more credit if Bottas becomes the new number 1 at Mercedes post Lewis.

You're confusing yourself with those stats. Like getting a single digit wrong by 1 in a long equation, therefore ******* up the rest of the equation.

Rosberg is a step ahead Webber. Rosberg drove the best car in the field for 3 seasons and won a championship, never doing worse than 2nd. Webber drove the best car for 4 years, and never did better than 3rd.

What myth?
And why do you need to shout?
I refuse to believe that you could be that adamant of your opinion, and not know you're embellishing the situation.

You talk like Hamilton did the current day version of moving from Ferrari to Haas based on nothing but a hunch. It could not be further from your opion.

In the entire time Hamilton drove for Mclaren, they were a factory MB team. In the three season from 2010-12, there were effectively 2 factory MB teams racing.

Hamilton left a facotry MB team to join...a factory MB team.

You've made Hamilton's move sound like a throw of the dart in the dark. He was moving to a team on the ascendancy with a race win to show for it.

Not just that. If you take the MB ownership out of it, the team/staff/headquarters Hamilton was moving to had won a championship more recently than the team he was driving for!

Then you add the upcoming engine regs, of which MB had a 3 year head start of everyone else, then it was a no brainer to move. But you often overstate the risk of the decsion to move.

C'mon man!

You're confusing yourself with those stats. Like getting a single digit wrong by 1 in a long equation, therefore ******* up the rest of the equation.

Rosberg is a step ahead Webber. Rosberg drove the best car in the field for 3 seasons and won a championship, never doing worse than 2nd. Webber drove the best car for 4 years, and never did better than 3rd.
I am sorry but we have seen them race in the same car and it is a fact Webber was quicker than Rosberg.

The above line of thinking is like trying to argue 2+2 doesn't equal 4, if you want to ignore statistical evidence and hard facts in favour of gut feel then there really is no point to this discussion.

The red bull was also never as dominate as the Mercedes, they always had a lack of power and tracks they couldn't win at, if they didn't qualify in front they couldn't win. They had an aero advantage that was removed piece by piece until they stopped winning.

It is amazing how telling the truth in a thread can get you thread banned. No loss whoever was the mod that didn’t have the guts to say they did it.

But you're not telling the truth, aren't you???

TCR may be slower, but they're not slow.

They'll probably as fast around Mt Panorama as the original "V8 Supercars".

Even now, they're 5-7 secs slower than Supercars, and 1-3 secs of Super3.

That's pretty good since they're a converted production car.

Outstanding performance considering they concede around 330hp.

You were just going to come in and enforce your incorrect prejudiced opinions on everyone, in a thread about a class people have high hopes for.

GET OUTTA HERE!!!!

I am sorry but we have seen them race in the same car and it is a fact Webber was quicker than Rosberg.

The above line of thinking is like trying to argue 2+2 doesn't equal 4, if you want to ignore statistical evidence and hard facts in favour of gut feel then there really is no point to this discussion.

The red bull was also never as dominate as the Mercedes, they always had a lack of power and tracks they couldn't win at, if they didn't qualify in front they couldn't win. They had an aero advantage that was removed piece by piece until they stopped winning.
In racing, 2+2 doesn't always equal 4. I'm in disbelief you don't get that.

Nico Rosberg was miles better in 16 than he was in his first year in 06. He was distinctly better in 16 than he was in 15.

The RB from 10-13 was comparable to MB since 14, it's just Vettel and Webber didn't make the most of it. Vettel won the championship any in 10 and 12.

Vettel won the last 9 races of the 2.4ltr V8 era. There was no aero advantage removed piece by piece.

In racing, 2+2 doesn't always equal 4. I'm in disbelief you don't get that.

Nico Rosberg was miles better in 16 than he was in his first year in 06. He was distinctly better in 16 than he was in 15.

The RB from 10-13 was comparable to MB since 14, it's just Vettel and Webber didn't make the most of it. Vettel won the championship any in 10 and 12.

Vettel won the last 9 races of the 2.4ltr V8 era. There was no aero advantage removed piece by piece.

Most of that is rubbish, I am in disbelief that you actually watched F1 then like you do now. Just agree to disagree, I am not out to change anyone's mind.

But you're not telling the truth, aren't you???

TCR may be slower, but they're not slow.

They'll probably as fast around Mt Panorama as the original "V8 Supercars".

Even now, they're 5-7 secs slower than Supercars, and 1-3 secs of Super3.

That's pretty good since they're a converted production car.

Outstanding performance considering they concede around 330hp.

You were just going to come in and enforce your incorrect prejudiced opinions on everyone, in a thread about a class people have high hopes for.

GET OUTTA HERE!!!!
TCR is so good that you’re the only one keeping the thread alive since my thread ban that you are probably responsible for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Bright beat Webber by 3 spots in 1995, driving the same car. Vettel beat Webber by only two spots in 09-11 & 13. Therefore Jason Bright is better than Sebastian Vettel.

I told you to leave it alone, there is no need to continue with these pathetic childish attacks.

No, I'm not going to leave it alone. I'm not going to agree to disagree. I haven't made any pathetic childish attacks.
It is completely pointless having a discussion with someone who makes claims without evidence and expects everyone else to take them as fact. NOTHING you will say will change my mind, you can waste your breath if you like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back