2019 F1 Championship - Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

In July 2021 he will be 31 years of age, and with constructors going for youth Im not sure he will have much chance of securing a seat in any dominant car, unless Renault come through.
It's not footy, and there's not many places to fit guys with little pedigree. The truth is, there's not that many superstar young drivers anyway that are or will be better than him.

So far Gasly has underperformed. I he continues to do so, Ricciardo's name still hold weight (as long as he produces acceptable results). You worried about a few that isn't there.

What would you expect him to do otherwise?

Not sure where I moaned, Karl.
You asked the question. You got some possible answers. You've then quoted yourself asking the question again.

Gutted for Leclerc, but he will have many more chances at a win.

Weird spin by Vettel.

Despite it being in the lap 20s again that Lewis was complaining about tyres, he is the beneficiary again. He doesn't seem to get a lot of bad luck, but I guess you make your own, or maybe he really is #blessed
What was the situation between Hamilton and Bottas?

Great drive by Norris and good racing between he & Kimi.

Renault dropped the ball more than Ferrari this race - a one-stopper was a horrific call, and despite it ending up to be irrelevant, they should have seen the writing on the wall with Dan's pace and changed it up.
Irrelevant because of the dnf, or because he was screwed with a result anyway?

newbie was right. That is a weird spin by Vettel.

Are you pinging Verstappen? Because based on the footage I've seen, I don't think he is in the wrong.
Did Sainz chop down ?

Did Sainz chop down ?
Unfortunately I can't embed the fb post to talk about it.

But from the way I see it. Sainz was ahead as they began to turn in. But the exit is really wide at that corner, and Verstappen seems to be ahead when Sainz tags him.

What you can't see is if Verstappen rides the kerb and pushes out into Sainz or completely misses the apex and barges Sainz out of the way. If Verstappen hits the apex, then I didn't see anything wrong from him.

Renault dropped the ball more than Ferrari this race - a one-stopper was a horrific call, and despite it ending up to be irrelevant, they should have seen the writing on the wall with Dan's pace and changed . .
They had no tyres left to put on . Jokes . You saw that , I saw that , its mind boggling how dum some strategists are .

Don't think I am worried if I was Dan, you want Renault pushing to catch up and if they baby step it for reliability reasons then its the same as the last 4-5 years for them. Seems like pace wise they were 4th and Mclaren using their engines was 5th, keep making gains and push the envelope.

You’ve got to me getting sick of Hamilton winning.
Don’t get me wrong, he is by far the best driver of this generation, but ho hum, please somebody, anybody, give him a contest.
As for Vettel, May turn out to be the weakest four time champion ever.
Give him a dominant car and he does the business.
Give him a car he has to actually use upper level skill to drive and he tends to make mistakes.
And he has history at RB in this. Pressure him and he is likely to throw it away.
The laughs on him, because it was his blocking of Riccardo joining Ferrari that has lead to maybe the new Lewis of this generation becoming his teammate. I think within 12 months Charles will be Ferrari’s number one driver.
Dan’s further away from a championship run than in his entire F1 career. Things didn’t fall his way in his career, just like Webber.
Luckily he has 49 million reasons to not stress to much about that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not all doom and gloom for Ricciardo, if they had gone with a two stop strategy and if it didn't fail at the end then he would of been fighting for 5th - 7th which is again about what he would have been hoping for at a track like Bahrain (decent track for racing btw). I'm guessing he would like to finish a race sooner or later, and you get surprisingly few points for 'what if' results, but still not sure the whole package is as bad as it looks right now.

Last edited:
It's not all doom and gloom for Ricciardo, if they had gone with a two stop strategy and if it didn't fail at the end then he would of been fighting for 5th - 7th which is again about what he would have been hoping for at a track like Bahrain (decent track for racing btw). I'm guessing he would like to finish a race sooner or later, and you get surprisingly few points for 'what if' results, but still not sure the whole package is as bad as it looks right now.
And only 1,2 or 3 places behind the Verstapen Red Bull Honda which Daniel was happy to concede in his first year with Renault. But I still don't think he is as comfortable with the car as Hulkenburg which is understandable.

I recall Ricciardo was denied the opportunity to do end of season testing with Renault last year by Red Bull who held him to his contract obligations for another month wandering around the factory floor just to deny him and Renault.

Horner has turned into a classless cocky little c... and his time will come. Hang in there Daniel son.

Never, ever, EVER buy a French car.
THE WORST cars I ever worked on.
Ever worked with French people? The mid-aged generation are lazy as hell. 8am-5pm days and a 2 hour lunch break and cant get them to move faster than a ******* snail. The Gillet Jaune protests are a wank as they have such a great social system they think they're entitled to more. They're just so bloody slow, and no spacial awarness... This includes driving, and even walking across the street.
Younger generations are better.

The Citroen DS has quite a following.
Although I am not really a fan of French cars myself.

I drove that car in Italy and it was miles above the Clio 4 we had. Far superior.

I didn't catch much of last season but I watched the replay of this last night and it was one of the most entertaining GP's I've seen for ages. Great race!

Managed to stay off social media/forums all day yesterday so I could watch the race last night after work.
Wow....what can you really say? Absolutely devastated for LEC. I thought he drove the perfect race. Fought against MERC and VET like a veteran of the sport. Deserved that win today, but alas it wasn't meant to be. That is motor sports.

In case you guys haven't seen these, there is a chan on Youtube where they share all of the uncensored team radio and the stuff that isnt broadcast.
I'm amazed at how calm LEC managed to stay after the engine failure and the amount of information the team is feeding him to try and manage the car home.

Renault with the double ker blammo....

And Cyril Abubu with some explaining to do....

Long season ahead for ADR sadly - he knew it going in - but still....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back