Remove this Banner Ad

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Renault with the double ker blammo....

And Cyril Abubu with some explaining to do....

Long season ahead for ADR sadly - he knew it going in - but still....
The engine can blow up a dozen times early in the season, as long as they are closing the gap with the mercs/ferrari's in the power stakes and bridging the aero gap.

Last year at Melbourne they were 1.65 sec behind red bull, this year 1.24 sec, at Bahrain it was 1.25 seconds down to 0.7 seconds this year. Pretty much closed the gap by half a second, if they do that again they probably catch red bull by 2020.

Dockersman

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Moto GP, F1
How is Max "I am a winner" coping bringing up the rear of the silver and red cars again? Hang in there Daniel you are playing the long game which could prove to be a master-stroke in the long run.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
How is Max "I am a winner" coping bringing up the rear of the silver and red cars again? Hang in there Daniel you are playing the long game which could prove to be a master-stroke in the long run.
Unfortunately there is not much to suggest that Renault are any closer to bridging the engine deficit than Honda are

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Unfortunately there is not much to suggest that Renault are any closer to bridging the engine deficit than Honda are
Renault will get closer, but no one is bridging the gap until 2021

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
And only 1,2 or 3 places behind the Verstapen Red Bull Honda which Daniel was happy to concede in his first year with Renault. But I still don't think he is as comfortable with the car as Hulkenburg which is understandable.

I recall Ricciardo was denied the opportunity to do end of season testing with Renault last year by Red Bull who held him to his contract obligations for another month wandering around the factory floor just to deny him and Renault.

Horner has turned into a classless cocky little c... and his time will come. Hang in there Daniel son.
Turned into?
He's always been like that?

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I can't remember which Nico Rosberg yt video had it, but he was interviewing Pat Symonds in one of them. Pat I think is the lead engineer hired by F1 for the new regs in 2021. It was more about changes in aero. He was saying that currently, the cars lose 50% of downforce when close enough behind the car. The changes for 2021 is intended so that 5% of downforce is lost.

Idk about the engines, but I can't see it going back to a conventional internal combustion engine. Further in the future, the engines will be even more advanced. The may be doing something about the noise, but that would still have to be authentic.

Dockersman

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Moto GP, F1
Has anyone ever seen a front wing fall off and the car goes airborne running over it? Vettels all 4 wheels were airborne when that happened. He was lucky he could carry on and get back to the pits.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Has anyone ever seen a front wing fall off and the car goes airborne running over it? Vettels all 4 wheels were airborne when that happened. He was lucky he could carry on and get back to the pits.

Yeah I seem to remember it happening to someone a few years ago, possibly Alonso?

EDIT: yep, was Alonso

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I think you guys should watch this analysis of the controversial incidents from Joylon Palmer. I think it was very good, and something I'll be keeping an eye out for such videos in the following races.

The only thing I would completely disagree is apportioning any blame on Kvyat, not that he does a lot.

The video also gives grater insight into the Sainz/Verstappen thing. NSWCROW queried it, and I wasn't sure but thought it was ok from what I had seen. But from this, I see it was your standard Verstappen barge-out-of-the-way move.

In the Hamilton/Vettel moment. What I hadn't noticed before but do now, is that Hamilton had to drive completely off track limits to pass Vettel. I don't agree with this. Had Vettel not spun out and make it a moot point, I think Hamilton should otherwise have had to redress or get a penalty. BUt these things are often overlooked.

Last edited:
I think you guys should watch this analysis of the controversial incidents from Joylon Palmer. I think it was very good, and something I'll be keeping an eye out for such videos in the following races.

The only thing I would completely disagree is apportioning any blame on Kvyat.

The video also gives grater insight into the Sainz/Verstappen thing. NSWCROW queried it, and I wasn't sure but thought it was ok from what I had seen. But from this, I see it was your standard Verstappen barge-out-of-the-way move.

In the Hamilton/Vettel moment. What I hadn't noticed before but do now, is that Hamilton had to drive completely off track limits to pass Vettel. I don't agree with this. Had Vettel not spun out and make it a moot point, I think Hamilton should otherwise have had to redress or get a penalty. BUt these things are often overlooked.

Heeeeey you finally sussed out how to tag someone
Look at you go !!!

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Ricciardo outqualified Hulk bit just misses out on Q3. Not a bad result. Starting from 11 with his choice of fresh tyres is probably better than starting from 10.

Gasly is getting destroyed by Verstappen.
First time the hulk has been out qualified by a teammate.

Fingerboy wouldn't let that happen again.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kimi and Leclerc aren't having the same issues in their swap between ferrari and alfa, Must be something in particular about the red bull car that handles differently to the rest of the field was my thinking.

Red bull was all About Fingerboy. Now crash tappen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back