Club History 2019 fan bankruptcy thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread exists so we can claim fan bankruptcy and post without recourse about the abject Melbourness of the club. Hope can be fully abandoned as can reason.

We won’t judge. Just be a Melbourne fan.

This thread allows us to give up everything 2019, be forgiven our hopes, and start over again with no expectations for the rest of the year. I'm going to try to channel my inner 2013 self and just look for glimmers of hope for 2020. You know those days when we hung our hats on respectable losses and clung to the 'potential' of players to one day break out?

I'm not really going to be that bleak in my outlook, but now that we can let go of the season I plan to try and enjoy us regaining some best 22 players and form free of expectations.

Last edited:
Been a member every year since 2000 (Except 2011). Have not felt any urge at all to sign up this year. Your 20s are meant to be an amazing period of your life but football-wise for me all it has made me do is slowly care less and less about the club because the more invested you get the more hurt you get.

I really felt like the whole club drank its own bathwater over the offseason and now we’re paying the price. Shocking injury run yes but we haven’t even TRIED to fix our issues from last year.

I still can’t believe we lost to Collingwood in the last round of 2017.

Those two finals last year at the MCG were fantastic, and I was lucky to attend both, but the bad days at the footy far outweigh the good, haven’t enjoyed watching Melbourne at all this season, and I actually feel better off caring less.

So I have been virtually out of contact with the season until last night.

I feel nothing and it’s oddly liberating.

I have this strange relationship with the club where the more emotionally checked out of the games I become the more I get fascinated by reading the crap club content that gets put out. It's pretty ****ed but I love it.

I'm also revelling in what a disaster this season has been, it's like the perfect comedic tragedy - the Greeks would be proud

The weird thing is I knew we wouldn’t make finals this year, and we’re lucky to last year

I knew we lacked leadership and had s**t coaching and game plan

But I never thought it would be this incompetent. I thought it would be a down year

Now I think we might be out of finals for a few more years and we still have most of the cultural problems

The weird thing is I knew we wouldn’t make finals this year, and we’re lucky to last year

I knew we lacked leadership and had **** coaching and game plan

But I never thought it would be this incompetent. I thought it would be a down year

Now I think we might be out of finals for a few more years and we still have most of the cultural problems

Yeah, it's funny, despite the fact that we both flew from interstate for the finals wins last year, my Dad and I both entered this season with a sense of abject meh about it, and we're not surprised at all with what has eventuated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's funny, despite the fact that we both flew from interstate for the finals wins last year, my Dad and I both entered this season with a sense of abject meh about it, and we're not surprised at all with what has eventuated.

Yeah , It’s not the vector itself which is surprising disappointing - but the thrust we applied to accelerate along it is awe inspiring or dumbfounding depending which way you look at it

Meh, this club is slowly killing my interest in football, but it's been a long death.

The reality is that we're a s**t club, the last time we pioneered anything in football was the Irish experiment.

We build our list around a game plan that won premierships years ago and we're always too slow to modify anything when the game quickly changes

We're slow to adapt to rule changes

We trade away players at their lowest value and we obtain them at their highest.

We blow high draft picks on players that hardly make any impact at all

Member for about 24 of the last 26 years. Haven't and won't this year and dunno when I will again. Not taking the club seriously when they are busy being clowns. Honestly don't give a * after many a year of riding every ******* kick like it was life and death.

Quite liberating, sometimes I watch, sometimes I don't. Laugh where I used to swear and throw tantrums.

The ruining of careers having a non-qualified clown running the medical department is the only thing that particularly raises my heart rate and that's just because it's ruining the careers and health of blokes unlucky enough to land at the club.

The slow ruining of players via inane coaching is more amusing because it's more of a slow burn farce. Everyone loves a well drawn out farce.

The ruining of careers having a non-qualified clown running the medical department is the only thing that particularly raises my heart rate and that's just because it's ruining the careers and health of blokes unlucky enough to land at the club.

Tell me this aint true

You reckon any doc would ok a guy with Joel Smith's injury running back out to complete a game after his injury? Or have Hogan attempt to play with a stress fracture? Or the many guys who went out running on broken feet?

Club is run by ******* clowns. This is why the thread exists.

For those who haven't seen my rants before over many years, sometime in the Roos era ( I don't remember when anymore) our club doctor quit because the dickhead "sports scientist" wanted to have final say over medical issues over the actual qualified medical professional. The club sided with Misson and we've had the parade of * - uppery seen since.

For those who haven't seen my rants before over many years, sometime in the Roos era ( I don't remember when anymore) our club doctor quit because the dickhead "sports scientist" wanted to have final say over medical issues over the actual qualified medical professional. The club sided with Misson and we've had the parade of **** - uppery seen since.

Who was the one who got caught dealing with Dank?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back