2019 Fantasy AFL questions

Remove this Banner Ad

When are we starting the SC leagues? :p
I did have a think about that when starting this thread and thought it was a bit early. :D

Actually having said that and also looked at the fixture for the preview writers thread in combination with my imminent holidays, I probably should get it going sooner rather than later.

AFL Fantasy IS now open....

If I'm allowed to ask a question here, what do you guys think about Jarrod Berry for Supercoach this year?
Really like the look of him, averaged 80 last year, tho close to 90 over the last 9 weeks.
Beams out, Neale in, do you reckon he'll improve his scoring output?

If I'm allowed to ask a question here, what do you guys think about Jarrod Berry for Supercoach this year?
Really like the look of him, averaged 80 last year, tho close to 90 over the last 9 weeks.

I've got him in my first draft team as a smokey. Would like it if he was 50k cheaper but he's had a massive pre season and looks primed. Will definitely be worth a look at his ppm figures in pre season

I've got him in my first draft team as a smokey. Would like it if he was 50k cheaper but he's had a massive pre season and looks primed. Will definitely be worth a look at his ppm figures in pre season
One of McCluggage or Berry will be in, its a matter of affordability.

Lincin McCarthy,Is this guy supercoach relevant?

Last edited:
No I don't think you can pick him initially

Lincin McCarthy,Is this guy supercoach relevant?

I can't remember his price. If it's under $200k, definitely. $200k-250k it's worth considering. Over that, I don't think you're getting value for money because "small forwards" can often top out around the 60-70 average.

I can't remember his price. If it's under $200k, definitely. $200k-250k it's worth considering. Over that, I don't think you're getting value for money because "small forwards" can often top out around the 60-70 average.
Yes he's $247,000 ,probably too pricey unless he's a lock to play every week.

Yes he's $247,000 ,probably too pricey unless he's a lock to play every week.

I think he's a very strong chance to play every week except for injuries, which is obviously a massive issue with him. Historically our small forwards haven't scored really well, so I'd be concerned you wouldn't get a great return compared to a rookie, e.g. only $100k compared to $200k for a rookie scoring similarly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

N Answerth
Anyone that returns from a broken back is a beast in my head. 2nd or 3rd year in? You guys dont have many injuries either. Just heard about Berrys illness (should be ok for rd 1, you would think)

Back to Noah. Who am I rooting against for this kid to play.

Good luck in the season. I have you finishing top 8, and I'll have a lobster on H Andrews to win Coleman. Who knows, I don't. Cheers.

N Answerth
Anyone that returns from a broken back is a beast in my head. 2nd or 3rd year in? You guys dont have many injuries either. Just heard about Berrys illness (should be ok for rd 1, you would think)

Back to Noah. Who am I rooting against for this kid to play.

Good luck in the season. I have you finishing top 8, and I'll have a lobster on H Andrews to win Coleman. Who knows, I don't. Cheers.
Answerth will have to kick out Hodgey and Andrews will be playing predominantly as a defender.

Reckon Answerth will debut later in the year, but one to keep an eye on for sure!

Is Zorko gonna get tagged or Neale do your reckon? Need some supercoach info, thanks in advance.

What will McCluggage average (DT) in 2019, and then in 2020? Was he customarily a ball magnet as a junior?
I think McCluggage will average around 90 this year. In 2018 his last 5 games average was 84, whereas his first 5 games went at 73, so he definitely improved over the year, and didn't seem to struggle to run out the season. He was a ball magnet as a junior, and also kicked a lot of goals.

Similar question for Stef Martin - DT forecast average in 2019. Thanks Lions
Probably around 100 again. Fagan said he isn't a certainty to be the number 1 ruckman, so there could be possible experimenting with the Brisbane rucks this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back