Competitions 2019 Fantasy Footy questions thread

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some Fantasy commentary regarding Butters...

ZAK BUTTERS (Port) $157,800
JLT Series scores: 91, 82
The kid has it all. Courage, skill and an elite footy-IQ.
The 18-year-old, who averaged 110 SuperCoach points per game at TAC Cup level last season, tallied 25 disposals in the Power’s first pre-season match and his six-score assists for the entire JLT Series ranked him equal-first in the competition.
He’s the next Robbie Gray at Alberton.

Verdict: Initially his light body was a concern but Ken Hinkley is backing him in. Expect the No. 12 pick from last year’s draft to have an immediate impact.

Last edited:

MartinLifts130

Senior List
Feb 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
hey guys, if wines is out round 1, drew has a mediocre game, will drew be automatically dropped for round 2 or will he be given another chance?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
G'day guys. I've picked up Hartlett in a Fantasy draft. How much game time are you all expecting he'll be getting this year?
Will play in a sanfl trial next week, then maybe a game or two in the SANFL before coming back into the Power. Once he is in, he will play a permanent role at half back ... Unless injured again.
hey guys, if wines is out round 1, drew has a mediocre game, will drew be automatically dropped for round 2 or will he be given another chance?
Big question! Drew has had a great preseason, and has been super consistent through the JLT. There is a strong opinion here that Wines will play round 1, also that we will play Drew as well, even if Wines comes in. Possibly see Amon dropped.

As for his job security... Like any rookie debutant, he will need to maintain his form to stay in. We have good depth waiting in the wings. So it is too early to call. In his favour though is that this is his third preseason, so he has a mature body, knows the system and players well. He is ready to go!

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
What kind of scoring would you expect from Butters? Showed decent ceiling JLT 1 then a respectable score in 2

Sounds like he will be small fwd so are you expecting more like a 60 ave? Less? Can you see him throwing in the odd 80 + based off that 1st game or was that him playing more wing than he will?

Seems a solid pick but tossing up where to value him amongst the various priced options with his premium

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What kind of scoring would you expect from Butters? Showed decent ceiling JLT 1 then a respectable score in 2

Sounds like he will be small fwd so are you expecting more like a 60 ave? Less? Can you see him throwing in the odd 80 + based off that 1st game or was that him playing more wing than he will?

Seems a solid pick but tossing up where to value him amongst the various priced options with his premium
It's a curly one! Has definitely surprised everyone at Port, and looks a star in the making. Expect to play mostly as a small forward, with the occasional move to the mid/wing. He hunts the ball, and is a little tackling machine, so he might score surprisingly well for the role he plays. I reckon your 60+, with a few 80+ scores thrown in will be the go with him. I reckon his big plus will be his job security if he stays uninjured.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a curly one! Has definitely surprised everyone at Port, and looks a star in the making. Expect to play mostly as a small forward, with the occasional move to the mid/wing. He hunts the ball, and is a little tackling machine, so he might score surprisingly well for the role he plays. I reckon your 60+, with a few 80+ scores thrown in will be the go with him. I reckon his big plus will be his job security if he stays uninjured.
its a tough one for say him v gibbons in RDT

would need to outscore him by 10 to make same coin so probably line ball.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is Broadbent expected to named Round 1?

Noticed he did not take part in JLT - how has his preseason been?

He played in the U23 game against the crows, a week before the JLT then the SANFL trial day before the last JLT game.

Personally id be rather surprised if he played round 1 on the back of that considering how much time he's missed. I expect him to play in the last SANFL trial this weekend but thats just my opinion and begin to press for selection after a few SANFL games, others may think otherwise though.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys how would you rank the job security of Butters, Drew, Duursma and rozzee?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey guys how would you rank the job security of Butters, Drew, Duursma and rozzee?
Butters excellent. Duursma and Rozee pretty good. Drew very questionable.
I might add that Drew's future is in his hands. A very versatile player, that is in cracking form, but is in Wines' spot & will come under the hammer when Wines returns. However, if he plays really well he will probably keep a spot in the 22, with another player who is not performing, making way for Wines.

Back