Competitions 2019 Fantasy Footy questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Boak going to actually play mid as per preason hype?

tenor.gif

Good win today guys, well done. Dursma, Butters, Rozee and Drew looking great.

Query - Who takes the kick-ins from defence this season for Port? Burton mainly?

I haven't been watching you guys.

G'day guys, not really a Fantasy question, but how long has the jumper worn on Saturday with no Teal in it been in use ?, personally i didn't like it much.

Was our JLT guernsey last year, Saturday was its first appearance in a H&A match.

G'day guys, not really a Fantasy question, but how long has the jumper worn on Saturday with no Teal in it been in use ?, personally i didn't like it much.
Port fan's divided over it. We all hated it last year, but seems to have grown on many a bit. I dont mind it as much this year, almost preferred it to the white away strip to be honest.

Port fan's divided over it. We all hated it last year, but seems to have grown on many a bit. I dont mind it as much this year, almost preferred it to the white away strip to be honest.
Anything is better than a predominantly white jumper imo, but i kind of reckon actual club colours should be sacrsanct.

Anything is better than a predominantly white jumper imo, but i kind of reckon actual club colours should be sacrsanct.

Port's official AFL colours are black, white, silver & teal.

Silver is often the forgotten Beatle of the quartet. I don't mind the silver guernsey tbh, not everything has to have teal in it.

Is Ryder injured can't find anything wrong with him but afl fantasy is saying he is

Does Rocky REALLY have a new role this season? Looked like he played plenty of midfield minutes last year, too.

Definitely more midfield minutes and less time forward than last year. His TOG% was also very low last year.

Also coming off a full pre-season and looks injury free, which wasn't the case last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Drew looked super impressive on the weekend, but is he an abolsolute lock to stay in the side for round 3 (with Wines to come back)? Might bring him in early if so.

I know Drew looked super impressive on the weekend, but is he an abolsolute lock to stay in the side for round 3 (with Wines to come back)? Might bring him in early if so.
Just too good to drop! Amon was also badly injured, so probably will see Wines come back in with no one dropped.

Does Rocky REALLY have a new role this season? Looked like he played plenty of midfield minutes last year, too.

The most important thing about Rocky this season is he's probably the fittest he's been throughout his career IMO.
Last season he had the pre season shoulder opp, then he did his knee in the 1st JLT game he played, from there it always an uphill battle fitness wise.

The role he's playing now is the role we wanted him to play last season.

The most important thing about Rocky this season is he's probably the fittest he's been throughout his career IMO.
Last season he had the pre season shoulder opp, then he did his knee in the 1st JLT game he played, from there it always an uphill battle fitness wise.

The role he's playing now is the role we wanted him to play last season.
I think the eyes of the fantasy world are on you this week with Wines coming back and so many value players in your colours over the last 2 weeks.

Someone surely has to spend more time forward/outside if Wines replaces Amon

Is that likely to be Boak? SPP? Rocky? Drew? Wines himself until he's fully fit? Who have I missed or are those the main 5 you expect on-ball?

It looks slow on paper against a Brisbane midfield that is pretty quick. Speed is less important if you're always getting the pill first though I guess!

Duursma and Butters should be relatively unaffected though right?

You guys are best placed to inform an expectant community - just what will the fantasy impact of Wines coming back be....?

I think the eyes of the fantasy world are on you this week with Wines coming back and so many value players in your colours over the last 2 weeks.

Someone surely has to spend more time forward/outside if Wines replaces Amon

Is that likely to be Boak? SPP? Rocky? Drew? Wines himself until he's fully fit? Who have I missed or are those the main 5 you expect on-ball?

It looks slow on paper against a Brisbane midfield that is pretty quick. Speed is less important if you're always getting the pill first though I guess!

Duursma and Butters should be relatively unaffected though right?

You guys are best placed to inform an expectant community - just what will the fantasy impact of Wines coming back be....?
We can only guess....
Wines will play in the midfield, and rest up forward at times. We suspect Rocky & Boak wont be affected too much, but Drew & SPP might spend a bit more time rotating out to the wing. Some feel Drew is too slow for the wing spot - but I disagree. Maybe not as fast in the leg as Amon, but faster in mind, decision-making, and skill execution.

Thats all I have for you!

Hi guys, is there a chance Hartlett might spend some more time in the middle this season or will he be still patrolling the back line?

Coming back from a knee reco, I cant see him playing in the middle initially. Even then, his favorite position is in the backline as our distributor. Schofield might use him on occasions to run through the middle, but that will only be for the odd spell.

Gday all.
Nice start to the season with the 3rd youngest list. All the young blokes have shown a lot very early.

Just wanted to ask about Lienert. He doesnt appear on the Afl.com.au injury list, but I didnt see him play anywhere (SANFL) on the weekend from what I can find. How's his recovery coming along. Do you think he'll have a big part to play possession wise across half back?

Gday all.
Nice start to the season with the 3rd youngest list. All the young blokes have shown a lot very early.

Just wanted to ask about Lienert. He doesnt appear on the Afl.com.au injury list, but I didnt see him play anywhere (SANFL) on the weekend from what I can find. How's his recovery coming along. Do you think he'll have a big part to play possession wise across half back?

He played on the weekend and played well. Should be in line for an AFL call up.

Supercoach team Ryder2Gray (who I'm sure is a poster on Big Footy) is ranked 1st overall in Supercoach at the moment.

:eek:

Also PepeSilvia is 7th overall in the Real Dream Team competition.

o_O

Supercoach team Ryder2Gray (who I'm sure is a poster on Big Footy) is ranked 1st overall in Supercoach at the moment.

:eek:

Also PepeSilvia is 7th overall in the Real Dream Team competition.

o_O
I'm just happy to not have a dumpster fire start to the year like I usually do!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back