Competitions 2019 Fantasy Footy questions thread

Dude, gotta come to the SC board and help us out!
Haha, sorry, I’m the RDT coach that DaTBird187 referred to. Have never played SC in my life!

Is Sam Grays surge in scoring due to a change of role? Would we be likely to see him consistently score pretty well? Cheers

His role seems to have changed in the sense that he's playing further up the field than he had been in the recent past. But a word of warning, his role does tend to swing a bit and he can be playing up the field one game and then deep forward the next. I wouldn't rely on him to continue posting big numbers.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Westhoff's role?

Is he playing on the wing now that Marshall is in or is he still primarily key forward?
Also interested in this. I thought it may have to wait to Dixon’s return to target him but seems Marshall back in was in some part to free up hoff.

His last 2 games his numbers are back up but in your game threads he seems to be getting bagged on last night.

At a bottomed our price can he be trusted to average mid 90s or more from now?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Westhoff's role?

Is he playing on the wing now that Marshall is in or is he still primarily key forward?
Also interested in this. I thought it may have to wait to Dixon’s return to target him but seems Marshall back in was in some part to free up hoff.

His last 2 games his numbers are back up but in your game threads he seems to be getting bagged on last night.

At a bottomed our price can he be trusted to average mid 90s or more from now?
Its a little hard to tell, to be honest. His role is very fluid, depending on how the team is going. But by playing Marshall, he definitely is roaming more from the wing through to forward.

I cant see Marshall being dropped, if he does I reckon he will be replaced with either Frampton, or a returning Dixon anyway. So I reckon Hoff will be doing his roaming gig for some time yet.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its a little hard to tell, to be honest. His role is very fluid, depending on how the team is going. But by playing Marshall, he definitely is roaming more from the wing through to forward.

I cant see Marshall being dropped, if he does I reckon he will be replaced with either Frampton, or a returning Dixon anyway. So I reckon Hoff will be doing his roaming gig for some time yet.
Any chance that Ports outs affect Hoffs note negatively now?

Obviously its no talls coming out but Ebert is a senior player up there (especially with Gray also out) so could Hoff spend more time forward to counter that? YOud say Rocky could be one to fill that void but with Wines also out Id expect he would stay mid.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH

Obviously its no talls coming out but Ebert is a senior player up there (especially with Gray also out) so could Hoff spend more time forward to counter that? YOud say Rocky could be one to fill that void but with Wines also out Id expect he would stay mid.
Seems this assessment was spot on

Can only hope Ebert back pushes Hoff around the ground again

Absolutely horrendous, costly trade in in DT this week

May 3, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys, how is Robbie Gray tracking with that hand injury? Seemed his role earlier this year was mostly forward, will his mid time increase when he returns? Thinking he might be a good buy in Supercoach if he hits his straps! Cheers

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dont get us started! Westhoff is NOT a KPF, he is at his best when he roams at will. Hinkley refuses to play Frampton who is smashing it in the SANFL as a permanent forward, instead we get Sam Gray, Aiden Johnston et-al!

Westhoff is a big avoid if he is playing a permanent role as a forward! As for Rocky, you can lock him in your team, damn it, make him captain!

Hi guys, how is Robbie Gray tracking with that hand injury? Seemed his role earlier this year was mostly forward, will his mid time increase when he returns? Thinking he might be a good buy in Supercoach if he hits his straps! Cheers
Doubt you will see much of Robbie in the midfield. More likely Rozee and/or Butters will get some more mid time over him.

Last edited:

BlueBaggerJosh

All Australian
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Was watching the showdown and a player i had never really heard of tbh, Lienert, impressed me quite a bit and scored 123 sc points. Was wondering what his role looks to be in the port side going forward since he just broke into it really.

Was watching the showdown and a player i had never really heard of tbh, Lienert, impressed me quite a bit and scored 123 sc points. Was wondering what his role looks to be in the port side going forward since he just broke into it really.

I wouldn't get too excited by that score for fantasy purposes, it was just a game where both defences were on top. Check out the scores from both sets of defenders and they were all well above average.

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is Matty Broadbent in the best 22 for the side?

Want to bring him into my supercoach or fantasy side this week. TIA.

Read in the pre game someone wanted him dropped this week r10.
BTW Port will win easily in Tassie this week and then go to China happy.

Is Matty Broadbent in the best 22 for the side?

Want to bring him into my supercoach or fantasy side this week. TIA.

Read in the pre game someone wanted him dropped this week r10.
BTW Port will win easily in Tassie this week and then go to China happy.

If everyone is fit, he doesn't make the best 22. Hartlett's continuing struggles with injury gives him a chance to be thereabouts.

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If everyone is fit, he doesn't make the best 22. Hartlett's continuing struggles with injury gives him a chance to be thereabouts.

Thanks for the reply.

Now I am a bit concerned about bringing him in, need a downgrade defender to afford to bring in Travis Boak.

Thanks for the reply.

Now I am a bit concerned about bringing him in, need a downgrade defender to afford to bring in Travis Boak.

May as well go Joel Garner then, he's heaps cheaper but no less likely to retain his spot.

Bobby Sands

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys, sorry to intrude - I have a fantasy related question.

What is Garner's job security like?

I thought he had a tremendous debut, congrats on finding a beauty.

David Puddy

All Australian
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey guys, sorry to intrude - I have a fantasy related question.

What is Garner's job security like?

I thought he had a tremendous debut, congrats on finding a beauty.

Hoping he stays in at least until Burton comes back, which could be another 1-2 weeks.

Jonas to come back into that defence as well, but that will more likely be for either Broadbent or Lienert.

Bobby Sands

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hoping he stays in at least until Burton comes back, which could be another 1-2 weeks.

Jonas to come back into that defence as well, but that will more likely be for either Broadbent or Lienert.
Not the best given Jonas, Hartlett and Burton are all on the road to returning.

He’ll probably play another 2-4 weeks.

Thanks lads, appreciate the replies.

Back