Competitions 2019 Fantasy Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If he continues to play a mostly on ball, he should be able to get to the 85 - 90 ppg average range.

He is very unlikely to explode to the 100 point plus until maybe his 4th year.

He is the same price range as b Smith, roberton and hanley, all who are proven scorers
Thanks mate. I'm always a sucker for mid pricers getting more mid time. He'll be a late call for me I think.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm on the fence regarding Langford.

Pitch to me why he should be in my team...
Kicks long and accurate a lot inside 50 and floats forward and should hit the scoreboard more this year with the 6 6 6 rule I think playing into his strengths. Might be harder to put him in straight away but if he starts well early he will find his way into more teams before long.

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
hello bombers. for some reason most of my mates are essendon fans? can't understand why? Their cross to bear I guess!! Ha ha
I do SC with them every year and they better me, I'm sick of it. I cannot find a proper place to direct Supercoach questions too so I am here.
Looking for a Diamond in the rough, and I think it maybe Z Clarke. Can you please tell me about the prospects of him being in the team early and actually having an impact? Also he is injured. Not bad I hope from a human perspective but mainly SC related sympathy....

Thankyou in advance....

hello bombers. for some reason most of my mates are essendon fans? can't understand why? Their cross to bear I guess!! Ha ha
I do SC with them every year and they better me, I'm sick of it. I cannot find a proper place to direct Supercoach questions too so I am here.
Looking for a Diamond in the rough, and I think it maybe Z Clarke. Can you please tell me about the prospects of him being in the team early and actually having an impact? Also he is injured. Not bad I hope from a human perspective but mainly SC related sympathy....

Thankyou in advance....
Zach is a solid bench option but he's significantly behind Bellchambers as a ruckman.

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
Ridley, I smell a JLT trap fantasy wise, am I right? expensive too at 220k+ SC, where would he play if he did line up R1 & would it be a fantasy friendly scoring role?

Thanks guys and all the best for 2019! Finals here you come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridley, I smell a JLT trap fantasy wise, am I right? expensive too at 220k+ SC, where would he play if he did line up R1 & would it be a fantasy friendly scoring role?

Thanks guys and all the best for 2019! Finals here you come.
He'll be playing a Mackie kind of role. I think he can average mid 80's and get you a nice upgrade if you go with him.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Thankyou in advance....

Zach is a solid bench option but he's significantly behind Bellchambers as a ruckman.

Not sure who to take as R3; Clarke will play a handful of games at some point imo, but without any kind of long-term Bellchambers injury I don't see him making much cash, and unless Bellchambers is your R2 (don't do this) then you're gambling on Clarke happening the be playing the week(s) your R1 / R2 are out.

Smith from Brisbane is a chance if he plays Round 1, but appears to be injured. Fort was beaten by bloody Daniher in the ruck. Cameron from Sydney seems not to exist. I don't usually like taking a donut RUC / FWD but might have to consider one this year with Westhoff in the FWD.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
He'll be playing a Mackie kind of role. I think he can average mid 80's and get you a nice upgrade if you go with him.

Ridley is a hard one, he's a little more expensive than Collins, with arguably worse job security. But could easily average 85 - 90 if his JLT form holds, whereas I don't think Collins is likely to get those numbers.

should i have any concerns drafting danniher in a league that values various categories such as kicks marks and goals. last year i used my 1st round pick on danniher and his body let him down but hat should i expect from him this season?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
should i have any concerns drafting danniher in a league that values various categories such as kicks marks and goals. last year i used my 1st round pick on danniher and his body let him down but hat should i expect from him this season?

He'll be managed I'd imagine, so early on likely won't play as much game time as previous seasons, and is a pretty big risk of being given a week off around short breaks / travels if he's at all sore. I'd think he's likely to last a little longer given 2018 he barely played, and when he did, he wasn't 100% fit so his stats were down.

Ess_don

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2009
Sudden Valley
AFL Club
Essendon
Had Merrett locked from day 1 in fantasy and threw away the key.. but after the JLT games starting to be a bit worried, especially with all these other mids scoring so highly and lots of mid rookies putting their hand up.

He just doesn't seem quite 100% coming off that ankle and now Shiel, McGrath and maybe some of the other kids (hopefully) will demand more mid time.

Help me stay strong guys! Or help me take off my rose-coloured glasses..

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Had Merrett locked from day 1 in fantasy and threw away the key.. but after the JLT games starting to be a bit worried, especially with all these other mids scoring so highly and lots of mid rookies putting their hand up.

He just doesn't seem quite 100% coming off that ankle and now Shiel, McGrath and maybe some of the other kids (hopefully) will demand more mid time.

Managed 14 disposals in the 2nd quarter in the last JLT after missing the entire 1st quarter, i wouldn't be worried

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

He's very unpriced in Fantasy. His SuperCoach scores have never been quite as good as his Fantasy ones, but he averaged 114 after the bye in 2018, and 90 before it - including a twenty three (!!) in Round 1. Has had a bit of an interrupted pre-season but you're paying 101 avg prices for a guy who can easily average 110+. Wasn't getting out of 2nd gear in the JLT. Hold the faith!

87179c6bab.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back