Competitions 2019 Fantasy Questions

IF Bellchambers were to suffer an injury would Clarke be a walk up start as the replacement ruck? or would McKernan be in front of him for that role also?

Cheers.
Clarke I think would be next in line. McKernan better forward than ruck, Clarke the reverse.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
IF Bellchambers were to suffer an injury would Clarke be a walk up start as the replacement ruck? or would McKernan be in front of him for that role also?

Cheers.

McKernan would be 3rd in line most likely, think we'd play him ahead of Draper if there was an LTI and bring Stewart in to play FWD.

Bellchambers > Clarke > McKernan for LTI's

Draper might get a run if Bellchambers and Clarke were both out for a week or two, but don't think we'd play him long-term yet. Could be wrong there. McKernan playing FWD means Bellchambers / Clarke are first ruck choices with McKernan playing the resting ruck role, he's too short to be first ruckman with an experienced AFL level ruck in Clarke available.

If you're playing draft leagues you might consider drafting Bellchambers & Clarke since if one is down the other will play.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
whats the actual role for Ridley?
tossing up if he is worth the price as a cash cow but if he was going to push out any sub 60 scores, or regularly under 70 then he is too expensive (RDT and AF not SC)

Interesting the last post said his JS was shaky, reading other threads on here sounds like most this he is pretty well placed now?

whats the actual role for Ridley?
tossing up if he is worth the price as a cash cow but if he was going to push out any sub 60 scores, or regularly under 70 then he is too expensive (RDT and AF not SC)

Interesting the last post said his JS was shaky, reading other threads on here sounds like most this he is pretty well placed now?
He's probably earned the first few rounds but at the same time Marty Gleeson is a big chance at his spot once he has a few games of VFL under his sleeve. Ridley by then may have gained enough money for you to trade.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's probably earned the first few rounds but at the same time Marty Gleeson is a big chance at his spot once he has a few games of VFL under his sleeve. Ridley by then may have gained enough money for you to trade.
Thanks
would want minimum 5 weeks, you think that'd be expected or even that a concern?
would you expect him to be going 70-80 most weeks?

Thanks
would want minimum 5 weeks, you think that'd be expected or even that a concern?
would you expect him to be going 70-80 most weeks?
I'd expect that, and I'm not sure on AFL Fantasy scoring.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've had Zerrett since it opened. Well under priced in SC in my view.

But he only got limited minutes in preseason and there's been little said about him.

Is his fitness ok? Or did that ankle hamper his preseason? Something else?

I've had Zerrett since it opened. Well under priced in SC in my view.

But he only got limited minutes in preseason and there's been little said about him.

Is his fitness ok? Or did that ankle hamper his preseason? Something else?
Most likely that he was being built up towards round 1. His fitness usually isn't a worry, and with his natural ball winning ability and skills, he'll be a high scorer in all likelihood.

TheByeRound

Debutant
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I picked Hurley as my D1 in a draft league.
Reckon he can hit those 2017 numbers?
Even early 2018 he was dominating.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Is Ridley a good option for classic SuperCoach. Hes at 233K. What type of role do you think he'll play and what kind of number do you think he could/will score at. Im asking this as ive seen him in a number of teams but I really don't know much about him.

Is Ridley a good option for classic SuperCoach. Hes at 233K. What type of role do you think he'll play and what kind of number do you think he could/will score at. Im asking this as ive seen him in a number of teams but I really don't know much about him.
Yes, I'd have him averaging late 70's/early 80's and a decent cashcow to upgrade in 5 or 6 rounds.

thanks.
His JS is sure stuff isn't it just to be sure. Don't want to run the risk of him getting dropped.
His main competition is Gleeson, who will play limited minutes in the VFL this week, who I doubt will be in calculations until minimum round 4. And most people here and at the club rate Ridley highly, so I think he'll get most games.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
thanks.
His JS is sure stuff isn't it just to be sure. Don't want to run the risk of him getting dropped.

His main competition is Gleeson, who will play limited minutes in the VFL this week, who I doubt will be in calculations until minimum round 4. And most people here and at the club rate Ridley highly, so I think he'll get most games.

I'm running Moore for that reason; think Ridley will score better but relying on him to be a rookie you keep through to the Byes is high risk. If your plan is to dump him pretty early on then he might suit your structure. Alternatively with any injury setbacks to Gleeson (or Redman imo) he should get a good run at it.

TheByeRound

Debutant
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you use Fantasy or Supercoach scoring? His second half of 2018 is probably the role he'll play for 2019. Don't think he has much upside from here, he can junk as well as anyone but isn't overly damaging.
Supercoach format. Why'd he change roles?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Supercoach format. Why'd he change roles?

That's helpful, negators score better under SC rules.

Mostly because Hurley playing the loose / intercept / distributor role is not a good thing for the team. His fantasy scores suffer, but he's a much better player for the team when he's playing a defensive role instead of that intercept / distributor type role.

Unless Worsfold has lost the plot I don't think we'll see Hurley junking it up like 2017 again.

TheByeRound

Debutant
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's helpful, negators score better under SC rules.

Mostly because Hurley playing the loose / intercept / distributor role is not a good thing for the team. His fantasy scores suffer, but he's a much better player for the team when he's playing a defensive role instead of that intercept / distributor type role.

Unless Worsfold has lost the plot I don't think we'll see Hurley junking it up like 2017 again.
I'll have to ride it out and hope for consistent 90s, thanks for the input though!

Back