Preview Politics in Australia

What are the three key issues of the 2019 Federal Election?

• The economy

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tax

• Government Services

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Climate policy

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Animal welfare

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Environment

• Wages

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Industrial democracy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superannuation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Housing affordability

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people identify as Catholics, dont attend, dont hear the preachers.
Births, deaths & marriages Catholics, the only time they darken a Church door - these very ordinary people voted in support of gay marriage & dont fit the old stereotype.

Would make a similar comment about the Jewish faith, my grand kids will identify as Jewish in their early years until they are old enough to make up their own mind (it will be encouraged based on the approach of both parents).

Yes, the person does support the institution, but that support is not as may have been in the 20th century.
Um what?
Do me a favour - or not - and isolate the 'racist overtones' in any of my posts. Quote them back to me. See if your claim - and the impression you have made of me as a racist - stands up to scrutiny.

Other than that, nice rant, would read again. You're criticising me for generalising where you yourself generalise in your opposition to criticism to Folau; yes, generalising is wrong, but in your desire to smear opposition you tar them all with the same brush, which has been my criticism of your argument all along.

You refer to the opposition of Folau as a ubiquitous group, unindividual and indistinct. Some of the criticism of him is indeed beyond the pale, and some of it is not; in order to say who's on first and what's on second, you would need to discuss each individual case in depth, and it really doesn't matter to me.

You're also assuming facts about me that are not in evidence. Try to avoid assumption; it's a shortcut to thought.

On this, to a certain extent, I agree. Where we differ is that you see religion and the institution of it as central to their identity, where I do not.
Still not defending Israel Falou. Still saying its the attack on mauuri cultural beliefs I disagree with. If you dont agree with me no probs. Feel free to share your views to anyone effected by racism. Im sure they'll see the logic you are making, or not.

You realize I work with the cultural group you are mis quoting *******. According to the people you are talking about themselves religion is key to their identity. Ive participated in Mauuri ceremonies and supported kids struggling with being abused for their cultural beliefs. Your posts are identical to the views how white culture has treated aboriginal culture in that historically aboriginals were also told what they should identify with as well. Im not assuming you are racist who doesnt get how other cultures view the world.. Im saying your posts are the definition of what racism is and the evidence is what you post. Ill use your posts to explain racism and 'white privilage' to others as its the best textbook example ive seen. The term 'white privilege' may have historically applied to people of white skin, but the modern version is the desire for the majority or those with voices to express opinion to tell cultural groups what they should, rather than what the actual group does believe. The evidence that backs up everything Ive said can simply be found by googling the term, 'definition white privilege modern Australia'

Seriously I kept going with this argument because I wanted evidence to show a teacher I know teaching indigenous kids how the major disadvantage for traditional cultures today is that still people try and tell them what to believe and dont respect their cultural values. Delete, report, do what you like. Ill save conversations and use your views to show plenty of people to explain the concept of a clinically delusional personality type to work colleagues. Thanks for that and no Im not joking. Its textbook. I know more about a groups beliefs than the actual group themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back