Not open for further replies.

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Does anyone thing any minor parties (Outside Liberals, Labor and the greens) have a chance of catching a senate seat? One Nation, UAP, CA, Justice, Jacqui Lambie, Lib Dems?

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Burnside in kooyong appears to be trying to fool non lib voters into giving he (greens) first preference.

Asking us to vote tactically as he ‘knows’ he can defeat frydenberg.

Of course every vote should know that they can give burnside a seconds preference and he will get your votes if he does get more than the alp.

I’m sure he’s not being that tricky because on the flyercos Ian McPhee says he’s a Man of vision and integrity

Combined votes for Kew and hawthorn in state election (lib and alp respectively)

Primary lib about 46%. Alp 32%. Grn 16%

Burnside should be going after lib voters not trying to con labor ones

Is there still an election advertising blackout?

Was about to ask this. All the ads have disappeared from TV. I think it has started.

Edit: https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/prog...tical-advertising-blackout-laws-work/11115606

The good news is the blackout laws that stop political parties from advertising close to polling day come into play at midnight tonight. But these rules only take into account heritage or traditional media - that is radio, television, newspapers and magazines.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Burnside in kooyong appears to be trying to fool non lib voters into giving he (greens) first preference.

Asking us to vote tactically as he ‘knows’ he can defeat frydenberg.

Of course every vote should know that they can give burnside a seconds preference and he will get your votes if he does get more than the alp.

I’m sure he’s not being that tricky because on the flyercos Ian McPhee says he’s a Man of vision and integrity

Combined votes for Kew and hawthorn in state election (lib and alp respectively)

Primary lib about 46%. Alp 32%. Grn 16%

Burnside should be going after lib voters not trying to con labor ones

Yates saying the same, but they both are sure alp does not come second in primary votes. Well see

I think I am going 1 alp. 2 Yates. 3 burnside.............2last Fryzo. Last Palmer puppett

Well Abbott just pissed his seat away. While his pathetic point scoring on the back of a great Australian passing is despicable, it's quite gratifying that in essence Bob will help kick the dumb * out of politics.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has the ABC (radio) always allowed political advertising or is that a new thing? Heard a Labor ad on the radio in both Sydney and Canberra the last few days. (Assume Libs could too, but haven’t heard that.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the ABC (radio) always allowed political advertising or is that a new thing? Heard a Labor ad on the radio in both Sydney and Canberra the last few days. (Assume Libs could too, but haven’t heard that.)
Blackout started midnight last night

They give equal airtime to each party with a certain percentage of candidates running. Has been happening for decades, but with the advent of social media it will come under scrutiny after this election.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
ABC, Seven, Nine and Ten doing election night coverage. ABC is my default but with Annabel Crabb having a chair there'll be lots of channel flicking.

They have. It has to end though. Fraser Anning was getting airtime ffs
The media used him as a way to rile people up by airing his views and creating a platform for him to launch a national campaign this election.

If they had a policy of not airing things they disagreed with it wouldn't ever have been made known to anyone and he would be a nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back