2019 FEDERAL ELECTION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More or less impartial to who win, but Enjoyed voting liberals as was hilarious watching the silent majority crush hopes and dreams again.
So you weren’t impartial.

Wow. Record backflip ! 😂

How?

I stated that in Australia you have a great chance to be successful. As good as anywhere in the world. That doesn't mean that people who come into the world with less can nessessarily overtake those who have more. Some will. Most won't. The point is the structures are in place to give you a decent shot. I don't see how you can make it even. I don't think it should be. You have to reward success.

Well what is your plan to stop this unfair advantage of being born into wealth? Is it something that needs to be or even should be addressed?
Well yes.

Any idiot can read the figures and see that as a result of the neo-liberal policies of the last couple of decades, the overwhelming beneficiaries have been the already-rich, at the expense of the poor and the middle class; the old, at the expense of the younger generations. A massive transfer of wealth has been taking place under these policies.

So just reverse those policies, surely? It's not like they're natural laws of the universe. It's not like we'd been doing it that way for centuries. It's merely a recent madness.

Is it really so important that the rich get even richer, specially if it's at the expense of others?

Neo-lib policies have undeniably expanded the size of the pie. That good news unfortunately blinds people to the other half of the figures, namely that the cost of that expansion has been that the already-rich now have an even greater proportion of that pie.

You make out like it's the natural way of things, but its a demonstrable result from the policies of the last 20-30 years (I'm including Labor to the degree they're culpable too.)

So we've just re-elected someone whose only intention is to make that situation even worse.

Lets get to the real interesting politics. I reckon the Dragon will die (prolly poison), and without her Dragon Daenerys loses all her power. John will convict Daenerys of a war crime and execute her. Sansa will become grand poobah.
ScoMo getting in is nothing compared to the absolute tripe GoT has served up this final season!

Well yes.

Any idiot can read the figures and see that as a result of the neo-liberal policies of the last couple of decades, the overwhelming beneficiaries have been the already-rich, at the expense of the poor and the middle class; the old, at the expense of the younger generations. A massive transfer of wealth has been taking place under these policies.

So just reverse those policies, surely? It's not like they're natural laws of the universe. It's not like we'd been doing it that way for centuries. It's merely a recent madness.

Is it really so important that the rich get even richer, specially if it's at the expense of others?

Neo-lib policies have undeniably expanded the size of the pie. That good news unfortunately blinds people to the other half of the figures, namely that the cost of that expansion has been that the already-rich now have an even greater proportion of that pie.

You make out like it's the natural way of things, but its a demonstrable result from the policies of the last 20-30 years (I'm including Labor to the degree they're culpable too.)

So we've just re-elected someone whose only intention is to make that situation even worse.

I don't disagree for the most part although there has always been a natural order of things in society when it comes to wealth and success. Thankfully there is a lot more chance of movement in modern society. I'm with you on the mega rich front for sure. I just don't think it makes as much difference whichever party you vote for on that end of the scale.

Yes but they are linked. More the income is taxed the less wealth that is generated and vice versa.

Linked sometimes. Often not. More tax percentage may just mean more is distributed into low tax environments.

Many many working wealthy people pay little tax.

Many many retired wealthy people pay little tax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree for the most part although there has always been a natural order of things in society when it comes to wealth and success. Thankfully there is a lot more chance of movement in modern society. I'm with you on the mega rich front for sure. I just don't think it makes as much difference whichever party you vote for on that end of the scale.
Well I'm not so complacent. I think we're being sold a turkey.

Libs are great at selling the aspirational line, but the figures simply don't add up for the majority of the population. And they're getting worse, not better.

Middle class is getting richer. Tick. Working class is getting richer. Tick.

But the rich are getting much richer proportionately, over the same period.

We're getting dudded.

Well yes.

In a totally free society (not possible) where individuals are free to pursue their own interests with little to no 3rd party influence i.e. governments then nature dictates that 80% of the wealth will be generated by 20% of the population, describe by sociologists as the Pereto Distribution (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution) But as a civil society we understand that the lower part of 80% should not end up at zero so accept that the 3rd party have their rights removed by redistributing that wealth through taxation etc. But the 20% are the employers of said 80% so how do we work it so the 20% don't remove their participation by finding more "favorable conditions". Note that governments do a terrible job at generating wealth (see communism). At the same time we have to make sure the 20% are not "ripping" off the 80% so we regulate and legislate which is essentially a tax on wealth generation. Well behaved corporations (which are owned by individuals) are the life blood of any country and need their rights protected by the state. So the question should always be "how much liberty do we remove to keep people ending up at zero while not forcing private individuals/corporations from removing themselves from the economy entirely". The 2 sides of politics should represent the pull and push of both interests. At the moment we are leaning towards more liberty for individuals (for now). This has been a philosophical argument since the Roman Republic and our very system of Western government is based on these very principles.

You can be racist

You can knife leaders

You can keep polluting and ignoring/deny climate change

You can cut key spending on important programs

You can target the low income earners and the most vulnerable in society

But don’t touch my super!!!!

Clear snapshot of the average deadshits libs voters... self interest all the way with little care for others

This narrative is actually helping the libs. Keep pushing it. Next result may be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm not so complacent. I think we're being sold a turkey.

Libs are great at selling the aspirational line, but the figures simply don't add up for the majority of the population. And they're getting worse, not better.

Middle class is getting richer. Tick. Working class is getting richer. Tick.

But the rich are getting much richer proportionately, over the same period.

We're getting dudded.
And that will likely have to be Labor’s approach next election; no policy, no bold ideas, just hammer home that wages are stagnant, house prices are dropping, everything is ****ed unless you’re rich. All out negative and sort the policy once they’re in.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...surely Australia won't be that stupid if it came to it.

Australia already well and truly failed that test today. We are far more stupid, selfish, ignorant and deluded than I thought we could be after everything that's happened the last 5 years.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8703F using Tapatalk

Being a sniveling coward used to be a mark of shame in this country. Now it is rewarded with a minority conservative government.

*majority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back