2019 FEDERAL ELECTION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always room for improvement. But countries like ours offer every chance to succeed in life. Basically free education. Healthcare. Safety nets to ensure people don't starve. Very little descrimination. Very little standing in the way of someone who wants to make a go of their life. Sure it doesn't always work out for everyone but the structures for success and a good life are there.
Scomo and his LNP will chip away at every single one of the things you have listed.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8703F using Tapatalk

I get that most people are set in their ways, myself included, but it’s a genuine question. Can any Liberal supporter tell me what their policies are besides ‘tax cuts’ And ‘not what Labor are doing’.

Liberal’s best and most effective policy is to prevent Labor every 3 years from being elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s true though, no matter how much you don’t want to acknowledge it.

The only correct part is that liberal voters want to protect what they have. Considering this was the vast majority of the voters I would say it is important.

The rest is divisive by labor and pushes centrists to the right.

Similarly the libs have a climate change / pollution problem that needs to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Australia already well and truly failed that test today. We are far more stupid, selfish, ignorant and deluded than I thought we could be after everything that's happened the last 5 years.

4gqtz.jpg

Australia already well and truly failed that test today. We are far more stupid, selfish, ignorant and deluded than I thought we could be after everything that's happened the last 5 years.

You say this and you wonder why the left have trouble drawing voters to see their point of view? Nothing but children throwing a tantrum with an inability to debate rationality. Enjoy the next 3 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone who thinks Scomo this government won't turn around and screw them worse than however badly they think the ALP would have is indeed more stupid than me, yes.

Of course champ! Whatever makes you feel worthwhile

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's not a tantrum, it's expressing disappointment based on reason.

Tantrum would be blaming everything on Labor, like Barnaby did in that hilarious radio interview.

I’m 31 years old.

I don’t appreciate getting ahead in life, only to hand a chunk of it back because the majority my age have been out getting pissed and on the gear for 15 years and now complain about housing being unaffordable.

Looking forward to the lift in the housing market at 8:00am tomorrow by what’s playing out tonight.
Well said and I feel the same as a 25 year old from Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many front benchers resigned from the Liberal Party before this election because they thought they would lose office and also from the fallout of the Dutton challenge to Turnbull. Quite a few. The Liberals are coming in with a brand new team - its probably another reason why Morrison launched his Party Campaign on his own - to keep them well hidden.

There's hardly been any sitting days in Parliament since Morrison has been elected Liberal leader (I think its been less than 20 sitting days between November and May) so we've not seen them debate anything Parliament, haven't seen them perform in their portfolios yet.

Its also a wait and see about this Budget surplus that they've already given the country...next year. Not that a budget in the black or the red actually makes a difference to anyones daily life, but not trusting Labor with the economy was the cornerstone of the Liberals scare campaign. I reckon the extra 10% GST tax on overseas purchases introduced last July has been a bit of a windfall in Govt revenue, but that'll only be temporary spike once its fully incorporated into expected revenue.

Last edited:
In a totally free society (not possible) where individuals are free to pursue their own interests with little to no 3rd party influence i.e. governments then nature dictates that 80% of the wealth will be generated by 20% of the population, describe by sociologists as the Pereto Distribution (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution) But as a civil society we understand that the lower part of 80% should not end up at zero so accept that the 3rd party have their rights removed by redistributing that wealth through taxation etc. But the 20% are the employers of said 80% so how do we work it so the 20% don't remove their participation by finding more "favorable conditions". Note that governments do a terrible job at generating wealth (see communism). At the same time we have to make sure the 20% are not "ripping" off the 80% so we regulate and legislate which is essentially a tax on wealth generation. Well behaved corporations (which are owned by individuals) are the life blood of any country and need their rights protected by the state. So the question should always be "how much liberty do we remove to keep people ending up at zero while not forcing private individuals/corporations from removing themselves from the economy entirely". The 2 sides of politics should represent the pull and push of both interests. At the moment we are leaning towards more liberty for individuals (for now). This has been a philosophical argument since the Roman Republic and our very system of Western government is based on these very principles.
Great in-depth answer but I still think my original point is simpler -

We know that over the last few decades of neo-lib agenda, the rich have gotten disproportionately richer, so why not just reverse some of those policies.

Why are we governing (and choosing governments) only for the wishes of the already filthy rich?

Great in-depth answer but I still think my original point is simpler -

We know that over the last few decades of neo-lib agenda, the rich have gotten disproportionately richer, so why not just reverse some of those policies.

Why are we governing (and choosing governments) only for the wishes of the already filthy rich?
This is where you just don't get it

Bill pitched the huge income tax increases and retirement tax at people earning 70k plus, including tradies/nurses/teachers , they don't want it. Shifty Bill destroyed himself, but also with his far left agenda destroyed the middle as he walked out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back