2019 FIBA World Cup (previously known as the World Championships)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Game against Spain is 4pm WST. Might need to try leave work a little early on Friday i think.

Boomers v Spain straight into Eagles v Geelong is not going to be a bad way to kick off the weekend (as long as boomers and eagles win lol)

Why not subscribe to Kayo Sports on your mobile/cell phone and you can watch it at work? 🤡🤡🤡

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
USA playing Serbia tomorrow night at 7pm local time, and Czechs v Poland at 9pm local time.

Less than a 24hr turn around for USA and the Czechs in a tournament after playing so many games already, gees.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Game against Spain is 4pm WST. Might need to try leave work a little early on Friday i think.
Wtf that rly sucks... They said that our game would be after the other semi on the broadcast. Guess I'll be watching it on delay. Thankfully that's no issue on Kayo. I watched the Senegal game the same way lol. Hopefully I won't get stuck at work so I can finish watching it before the Eagles game begins.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Wtf that rly sucks... They said that our game would be after the other semi on the broadcast. Guess I'll be watching it on delay. Thankfully that's no issue on Kayo. I watched the Senegal game the same way lol. Hopefully I won't get stuck at work so I can finish watching it before the Eagles game begins.
Yeah its weird, on the fixtures FIBA has Argentina v France listed as game #87 and Aus v Spain as #88, but then when you look at tip off times they're playing game #88 before #87

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Be a tough game against Spain that we will go in as slight underdogs. USA might have only had their D team but they still had the roster with the most talent, so a QF exit isn't acceptable.

Why was the crowd booing Bogut in last night’s game?

Oops found it.

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
That was Bogut's first really good game of the tournament, beautiful passing out of the post.

When you think about it, this may be the Boomers' best ever chance to win an international gold. Not at Tokyo, not next world cup, here right now, this week.

Given how badly things went for them at this cup, you can guarantee the US will name an unstoppable team for the next Olympics, and we might never again hit this sweet spot with a skilled, highly experienced group who are all healthy and in good form, led by Mills who is playing the tournament of his life- only two winnable games from the gold.

Simply put if they keep their cool and execute well they can win it from here.

The major problem is turnovers- they're giving away about 8-10 easy transition points a game. On one hand the fact they're still winning even after that shows how solid their half court game is, so if they can handle the ball better they'll beat Spain.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Turnovers have hurt, but I would say our main problem right now is fatigue. Which is not helped by Spain having an extra day off compared to us.

The schedule is brutal, and key players are already looking like it's affecting them.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Turnovers have hurt, but I would say our main problem right now is fatigue. Which is not helped by Spain having an extra day off compared to us.
Agree and most of the nba boys are on the second group ( other than Ingles) in their nba team . Add to the fact that they have traveled a bit in the last few games. Thought Ingles off night was fatigue related.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills

The schedule is brutal, and key players are already looking like it's affecting them.

Not sure I agree. We outlasted France, and same for Czech.
We can't afford a slow start against Spain but we aren't suffering down the stretch, at least yet.

100% agree that the schedule should be balanced though - 2 vs 3 days seems dumb.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Been an interesting world cup but with the Tokyo Olympics around the corner it's been disappointing to see a load of teams not at full strength. That being said it is looking good that the Olympics is going to be absolutely loaded all over the shop when all the big stars roll in for the pinnacle of basketball. If the Boomers want an international medal this is going to be our best shot in maybe a long time as the Olympics even with Simmons are going to be an absolute fight to the death with the big boys all rolling in.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well dangit. Love Steph Curry with all my heart but that means he's probably playing in the 2020 Olympics against us now that a team with all stars at best couldn't get it done.

This USA team was trash, it was good for betting though as there was no way they were going to beat France, way too small and with two useless bigs. Any USA team starting Joe harris is not going to go far especially when their two weapons both ended up missing through injury in Kuzma and Tatum. Anyway all the countries want most is Olympic gold so most teams are going to have a way better squad come September next year not just the USA.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Our team is great, really good balance. You got multiple guys that can shoot the 3, a lot of good passers and then good defenders and rim protectors. Even if someone is having an off night it's likely someone else will step up.

Arguably the biggest game in Boomers history, given the opportunity to go on and win gold.

shniko11

Beneath the blue and white
Nov 6, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be a tough game against Spain that we will go in as slight underdogs. USA might have only had their D team but they still had the roster with the most talent, so a QF exit isn't acceptable.
Well if the USA D's are the only ones that wanted to play they deserve what they got. Getting out of bed without getting payed must be so hard for the best players on the planet.

At least the Australian team want to be there and represent their country and it shows. One thing I've noticed is Lemanis is coaching with alot of confidence with the talented group he has. Spain won't be easy sure but i can't wait.

Hope we win gold while Simmonds and co are watching.

Back