2019 FIBA World Cup (previously known as the World Championships)

Remove this Banner Ad

So are they waiting for the World Cup to actually play their top rotations. Ffs they look like a d grade club side atm. Let’s hope all players are at the Olympics and a coaching change is made. Brett Brown comes to mind.

So are they waiting for the World Cup to actually play their top rotations. Ffs they look like a d grade club side atm. Let’s hope all players are at the Olympics and a coaching change is made. Brett Brown comes to mind.
Brett Brown was pretty mediocre last time he coached Australia.

Thought Bolden was pretty good with his shooting and hussle.

Reckon the 8-9 man rotation we end up going with will be:

PG: Delly
SG: Mills
SF: Ingles
PF: Landel
C: Baynes

Bench: Bolden, Bogurt, Goulding, Kay

Thought Bolden was pretty good with his shooting and hussle.

Reckon the 8-9 man rotation we end up going with will be:

PG: Delly
SG: Mills
SF: Ingles
PF: Landel
C: Baynes

Bench: Bolden, Bogurt, Goulding, Kay
I would swap Creek with Kay. Bolden needs to play PF and Creek comes on at SF. Kay will be handy just playing small minor minutes when required

I would swap Creek with Kay. Bolden needs to play PF and Creek comes on at SF. Kay will be handy just playing small minor minutes when required

Don’t disagree but I think that as Creek was the last man in the squad and has only had limited minutes so far he’s not really in their thinking

I think our likely rotations would on show against USA as the Canada series was more practice for the whole squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrappy win but a win nonetheless. I don’t think we have had a guard get into the paint yet, Exum would make us look different.

I would have taken Blanchfield for his shooting and left out Gliddon, we don’t use him to handle the ball and I don’t know what he brings (other than being a Bullets player).

FFS, just call off the World Cup already.

Bring in Deng Adel to replace him, although he will probably tell us thanks but no thanks.
Yep. This sux even more by the day. Potentially our most athletic squad ever is now simply a standard Boomer team with solid fundamentally sound bigs and good shooting. Kay and Lansdale to play more than planned. Hopefully Jock plays well enough to earn a contract. Definitely looks to have improved a heap.

far out. i hope the fellah is ok, but as fans...we had such high hopes, now, I'm wondering why even bother.

No Simmons, Bolden, Maker, Exum, not a lot of excitement or hope for a podium finish left.

Wtf is happening here? :(
I'm sure he has a valid reason for withdrawing but our chances of qualifying for Japan is going down by the day.
Bolden would've been one of our most important players at the WC.

Deng Adel most likely if he's still around. Motum already in Spain preparing for upcoming season.
Depending on availability, maybe Isaac Humphries is worth a shot. Perhaps Mangok Mathiang as well. Hope that we're exploring every option. Good thing is that we're pretty well stocked in the centre/pf category, but just depends on availability.

Last edited:
David Barlow is the replacement player... :oops:
A bit unexpected, but he was spotted at Boomers training the other day.
Maybe Adel had already left the country/not interested after being omitted.

David Barlow is the replacement player... :oops:
A bit unexpected, but he was spotted at Boomers training the other day.
Maybe Adel had already left the country/not interested after being omitted.
Hardly an inspiring selection. Solid I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back