Prediction 2019 final 8

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just my view, but I don't believe in this that they are due to have a loss.... How is a club due for a loss when you playing good football, doesn't make any sense... Does that mean we are due to win 3 in a row ?
Was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

But how many premiership sides could you name that won there last 12 games?

Can someone please explain the fear of Richmond?

The 2017 QF was a disastrous night - no doubt about it.

It was also two years ago and the following players played that night who won’t be part of our finals campaign next month: Lonergan, Zuthrie, Motlop, Parsons, Smith, Mackie, Scooter, Murdoch. About 40% of the team turned over.

Since then we’ve played them three times for two narrow Richmond wins (18 points, 3 points) in 2018 when they were clearly a better side than us, and an 11 goal win this year.

Put aside the bad memories from 2017 and realise that there’s absolute no reason we won’t beat them in a QF this year.
Regardless. We get Richmond at the G as a home final and I am not going to the game out of protest at the AFL's inequity

Regardless. We get Richmond at the G as a home final and I am not going to the game out of protest at the AFL's inequity
You think they will notice your protest? What’s the point in that? We are best of getting as many cats supporters there as possible to try and drown them out a bit!

You think they will notice your protest? What’s the point in that? We are best of getting as many cats supporters there as possible to try and drown them out a bit!
They won't, but I won't plow my own money into supporting the AFL's unfairness.

Ess W fri ngt v Coll, wk1 = WCE in Melb despite Richmond result. But a likelihood of playing Rich in a pre - lim if that goes to plan.
Coll W fri ngt v Ess, wk1 = Coll in Melb
despite Richmond result.
Does that sound about right !? as long as the Cat's beat Carlton of course.

Can someone please explain the fear of Richmond?

The 2017 QF was a disastrous night - no doubt about it.

It was also two years ago and the following players played that night who won’t be part of our finals campaign next month: Lonergan, Zuthrie, Motlop, Parsons, Smith, Mackie, Scooter, Murdoch. About 40% of the team turned over.

Since then we’ve played them three times for two narrow Richmond wins (18 points, 3 points) in 2018 when they were clearly a better side than us, and an 11 goal win this year.

Put aside the bad memories from 2017 and realise that there’s absolute no reason we won’t beat them in a QF this year.

No ...They now have lost my faith...its time for Geelong to earn it back before I go thru that unenjoyable experience again. No matter who is on top they will have the home ground advanagte with the drums , with the crowd and probably the decisions .. ..nope its now up to geelong to earn my trust back.. I no longer trust them in a finals like that especially against Rich. .... and the system wants to reward the bigger supporter bases.. like Rich have a unfair advanatge cause to the afl its all about the dollars.

My take?
There is no fear of Richmond.
To me it's fear of the AFL doing everything they can to ensure the GFC is disadvantaged even after earning a home final.

my POV There is a fear of Rich cause of our appauling finals record in recent years... fear is a results based issue. Haw supporters would have very few scars... Melb supporters are just one big scar...

Interesting fact GABBA Capacity is 37,000. GMHBA 36,000 and still can't get a home final 🤔🤔

There is logic and afl logic ....$$$$$$.

The biggest capacity ground in and around the area of the game. In Brisbane its either the Gabba or Metricon. In Sydney its a little more contradictory ... cause GWS get to play at Giants stadium.

The AFL see as as a locked in supporter group so being treated like an after thought is OK ..it will not hurt them..half of Geelongs member are in the Non Geelong area the last time I heard about it.. I suspect even with a totally finished 40,000 KP.. we would still be pushed up the highway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many commentators have lauded the Richmond/West Coast game as the best game of the season and the preview of this year's GF.

From my biased point of view, the clash in Brisbane was every bit as exciting, and every bit as relevant as a finals precursor.

I'm use to Geelong's chances being played down, but it seems Brisbane is getting the same treatment.

I wonder what they'll say when Brisbane beat the Tigers?

There is logic and afl logic ....$$$$$$.

The biggest capacity ground in and around the area of the game. In Brisbane its either the Gabba or Metricon. In Sydney its a little more contradictory ... cause GWS get to play at Giants stadium.

The AFL see as as a locked in supporter group so being treated like an after thought is OK ..it will not hurt them..half of Geelongs member are in the Non Geelong area the last time I heard about it.. I suspect even with a totally finished 40,000 KP.. we would still be pushed up the highway.
I still think it's bullsh!t. I bet ya if Giants get a home final at there ground not the SCG. We finished higher so we should have the rite to play at GMHBA. But it won't

I still think it's bullsh!t. I bet ya if Giants get a home final at there ground not the SCG. We finished higher so we should have the rite to play at GMHBA. But it won't

If I didnt make it clear ..you are 100% correct... Giants will get it at Giants stadium... because the lastthing the afl will want to do is ask .. supporters who are tethered to their team by hayband and chewing gum to then ask them to travel.. we as we are deemed to be rusted on... well not as many as what the afl think imo. Im sure the supporters who have a MCC memebership or whoever is up the road based will probably get along to the game.

I wonder what they'll say when Brisbane beat the Tigers?

Sadly, they won't.

In fact I think it's likely to go the way of the Lions' last game at the 'G when they lost to the Bombers by 7+ goals.

Yep

Every team that has beaten us this year have struggled the following week

Lions will get a flogging

I hadn't even picked up on that, I just don't think they're good enough (yet) to beat the top teams away from home.

Would love to play them week one at the MCG, alas it's pretty unlikely.

If I didnt make it clear ..you are 100% correct... Giants will get it at Giants stadium... because the lastthing the afl will want to do is ask .. supporters who are tethered to their team by hayband and chewing gum to then ask them to travel.. we as we are deemed to be rusted on... well not as many as what the afl think imo. Im sure the supporters who have a MCC memebership or whoever is up the road based will probably get along to the game.
I know Turbo... I just need to get it of my chest.... 😝😝😝 Please forgive me

my POV There is a fear of Rich cause of our appauling finals record in recent years... fear is a results based issue. Haw supporters would have very few scars... Melb supporters are just one big scar...

But there are 2 ways of looking at that - you have taken a very narrow view

The last time i got really dissappointed - really pisssed off when the Cats lost - was season 2013 - because back then was the last time the Cats had a genuine Premiership standard side . The seasons subsequently - theres been holes in the team ( because one by one the premiership players retired )

However alot of supporters just cant accept that - they cant acknowledge that - they cant get their head around that - instead they just relentlessly bag the club - the coach - whoever

A good example was when we had Josh Walker at CHF - he was their - because thats the best we had - but your not going to win a flag with those type of players - but that is the best we had

Which experts at the start of this year had Geel finishing in the 8 - not many - most said Geel were on the slippery dip - thats why pre season you could get $33 in betting markets to win the flag - however the Cats will probably finish on top of the ladder

Re playing Richmond ( which looks likely ) - i would rather play them in a qualifying final - because if they are going to go anywhere - that will be a very good gauge - better to find out in a qualifying final rather than a GF if you are miles off the pace

If we have a bad finals again I think I will be close to giving footy away....sick of playing finals but never a real chance would rather miss the finals

If we fail in finals again (fail doesn't mean just not winning the flag either) then I think the majority will have the same thoughts, and BIG questions need to be asked of the MC.

If we fail in finals again (fail doesn't mean just not winning the flag either) then I think the majority will have the same thoughts, and BIG questions need to be asked of the MC.

Really ?

Hawthorn who i rate as the no 1 team over the journey - with their success they are a great club

However the Hawks have lost their last 4 finals - they are 0-4 - and why do you reckon that is - because they aernt good enough - last year they won 15 games and finished top 4 - now you could logically say that a very good performance with the cattle they had - but alot ( somehow ) would rate that as a failure- however its a hell of alot better ( and Geel is in the same boat ) than doing what inconsistent rabbles do year in year out - like the 2 SA clubs Ess Melb NM sTk Frem - just being irrelevant for another year and missing the 8 - another year in the wilderness

Really ?

Hawthorn who i rate as the no 1 team over the journey - with their success they are a great club

However the Hawks have lost their last 4 finals - they are 0-4 - and why do you reckon that is - because they aernt good enough - last year they won 15 games and finished top 4 - now you could logically say that a very good performance with the cattle they had - but alot ( somehow ) would rate that as a failure- however its a hell of alot better ( and Geel is in the same boat ) than doing what inconsistent rabbles do year in year out - like the 2 SA clubs Ess Melb NM sTk Frem - just being irrelevant for another year and missing the 8 - another year in the wilderness

Hawks are 0-4 directly after winning 3 in a row...
If this was 2014 and I had the same argument you might have a point, but this is a completely different team, drafted and traded to win NOW, and we are failing in every finals series since.
Hawks have played well, even above their level, in those finals yet fell short.
GFC have been (atleast in home and away) far superior to their opponent then s**t the bed and got smashed, that's after constant and consistent top 4 finishes.
It's really not comparable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back