2nds 2019 Finals – SF v Poor Little SA Richmond (Preview/Gameday/Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am an Norwood supporter first and think we will lose. Crows have 15 AFL listed this week + Wright so much stronger than last week. Port will beat Glenelg. The next week Crows will have Davis comeback and Maybe Macpherson so will have a full quota of AFl listed against Glenelg. Could be an all AFL grand Final this year.
Bahahaha ok.

Haven decided actually who I will support. The fact that I can have 2 teams wh I equally support is why this comp is a joke and we should both join the vfl or bring in a bloody reserves comp ASAP. I’m hearing 2021
#nevertearusapart

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven decided actually who I will support. The fact that I can have 2 teams wh I equally support is why this comp is a joke and we should both join the vfl or bring in a bloody reserves comp ASAP. I’m hearing 2021

Should've just picked an AFL team with some history to support in the first place and you wouldn't have this problem.

Should've just picked an AFL team with some history to support in the first place and you wouldn't have this problem.
giphy.gif

I was 8 years old when crows entered. The whole family went to the games from 1991. If Norwood had won the license instead of port I would still have the problem but in the AFL. And you talk about history. Well how is it that I know Crows supporters who support magpies but can’t stand Power. My Grandmother who has always been Port supports both but she calls them Port Adelaide in the Sanfl and The Power in the AFL. My wife is Collingwood and Port Magpies and Hates power

Last edited:
I was 8 years old when crows entered. The whole family went to the games from 1991. If Norwood had won the license instead of port I would still have the problem but in the AFL. And you talk about history. Well how is it that I know Crows supporters who support magpies but can’t stand Power. My Grandmother who has always been Port supports both but she calls them Port Adelaide in the Sanfl and The Power in the AFL. My wife is Collingwood and Port Magpies and Hates power

Dear diary.......

If Norwood won the licence wouldn’t you support one club in two comps like we do?

But I would have been a crows supporter at the time Norwood entered so would have meant abandoning crows so no I would have supported both as I do now in the Sanfl

Or you could have not supported the crows knowing your “real” club would be in soon.

Like we did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not a dig at the crows nor you. People that supported Port before the crows were formed and now support the crows, purely have a brain defect.

From elsewhere:

chazwazza said:
There’s no doubt in my mind who I wanted to win in the 2016 SANFL prelim.
If I ever had a choice between seeing a Sturt premiership or an adelaide AFL one I’d always pick Sturt.......maybe if Sturt won 10 in a row I’d reconsider, the best outcome is both.
My reply was:

It seems very logical choice to me. One can support a club in the AFL and another in the SANFL. Why not? It is two different competitions. Since those teams can only play against each other in the SANFL, the SANFL club has precedence.

Such an arrangement is quite common in Brazil. We have no issues with it whatsoever; even though we have promotion and relegation; leagues and cups - which should make matters even more complicated. In South Australia, one should be able to barrack for the Power in the AFL and against the Magpies in the SANFL - because he barracks for Centrals, WWT, etc. (even Sturt or Norwood!) Again, why not? Same logic...

Many people at Port may have trouble accepting that people can support another SANFL club and barrack for Port in the AFL.

I don't!

Last edited:
Many people at Port may have trouble accepting that people can support another SANFL club and barrack for Port in the AFL.
Very few Port people do.
Plenty of Port supporters do have a problem with the handful of people who were life long supporters of us in the sanfl but chose not to support us when we moved into the afl

Very few Port people do.
Plenty of Port supporters do have a problem with the handful of people who were life long supporters of us in the sanfl but chose not to support us when we moved into the afl
Those are two different issues. On the second, I have no idea how many there are, but it is insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back