2nds 2019 Finals – SF v Poor Little SA Richmond (Preview/Gameday/Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

Salty much
I will never forget waiting in line with my little fellow waiting to get my Scotty Hodges book signed at the kids.
Timmy g was basically directing traffic when penbo goes straight to the front with his lad and said to Timmy you remember that g.f not sure what yr but must of been when Sturt beat us and starts bragging about it. I couldn't believe it with his fancy arse shoes what a * wit even Timmy was speechless lol.

I guess Timmy must of known penbo from 5aa but still * wit lol.

It was bugging me who McBean looked like and I just got it Wingard ?

Lol last week Crows have no up and coming talent, now all of a sudden they apparently have talent to burn.
You can’t compare the two games today. Only one of them was truly finals like.

Wait til they add picks 9 and 26!

Garner was terrific, as PJ said he hit every contest like a true Port Adelaide player. Saw a bit of that white line fever he is reputed to have. Controlled too, take note a couple of teammates. ;)

Seeing as he has captained every football team he has ever been in and some he has just driven past, watch out in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game and have been busy since, so have just caught up on this thread.

Thought we were the better team for the majority of the day, without playing particularly well. Our defence (as a group) was generally superb, mids okay and forwards okay—definitely room to improve. Excellent effort to get the win after we lost the lead in the last, could easily have dropped our bundle.

Going into our third grand final in six years. Time to ******* win one!

Last edited:
Garner was terrific, as PJ said he hit every contest like a true Port Adelaide player. Saw a bit of that white line fever he is reputed to have. Controlled too, take note a couple of teammates. ;)

Seeing as he has captained every football team he has ever been in and some he has just driven past, watch out in the future.

Garner is growing his hair out a little bit, from the back he looked like Timmy G from the mid 90s.

Partington looked like he could and should be playing AFL. Not as vanilla as advertised. I’d happily have him on our rookie list next year.
Don't want to keep banging why not get 1 of these types over Sutcliffe did we promise Sutcliffe we would pick him to get him to sign on as Maggie's captain?

Partington looked like he could and should be playing AFL. Not as vanilla as advertised. I’d happily have him on our rookie list next year.

Would be a great story if he got picked up by us, was a Port junior before we got robbed of our zones.

Marshall, Frampton and Hayes dominant in the air.

Johnson was lively and definitely has some skills, I feel like he is still likely to be delisted but who knows.

McKenzie was ******* awesome.

Drew was dominant.

Loved Mayes’ game as well.

His look reminds me of a Port player from the mid 80s: Harvey was his surname, I can’t remember his first name. I think his brother played for us too.

John Harvey. Played as a hbf and tagger. Was the only player we had who could quell Michael Aish through the mid 80s before Jack came back.

His brother David was a tall goofy full back.

Lol last week Crows have no up and coming talent, now all of a sudden they apparently have talent to burn.
You can’t compare the two games today. Only one of them was truly finals like.

Last week the crows were fast and free on the wings too many times for my liking. They kept themselves in the game by spreading wide to the wings, although we helped by not being clean enough and missing set shots. It is not talent to burn that I said or meant, it is that they burned us a few times on the wings.

Edit: I didn't check but my mate said the crows had 2 or 3 extra afl listed players today. That can make a difference. Sometimes with the AFL reserves you don't know what you're going to get on any given day.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back