2nds 2019 Finals – SF v Poor Little SA Richmond (Preview/Gameday/Review)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ford Fairlane

Feb 21, 2002
Port Adelaide 5015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
If it is graded as intentional, then there is no where to go, but a 1 week suspension. Looked intentional on the replay I finally saw. If it was clumsy and careless, he would end up with a fine as its low impact hit. Johnson I have to find the incident and watch it.

View attachment 743168
Johnson's looked a bit like a Scott Salisbury special to me - went the swinging arm at the upper body/shoulder, slipped high and caught Curran around the neck but no damage done, low impact for mine. So he should get off with a fine. He just came back from a suspension, will that affect the verdict?

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Johnson's looked a bit like a Scott Salisbury special to me - went the swinging arm at the upper body/shoulder, slipped high and caught Curran around the neck but no damage done, low impact for mine. So he should get off with a fine. He just came back from a suspension, will that affect the verdict?
Shouldn't, as these things are formula driven. However there is a discretion the AFL MRO/Tribunal process to refer it straight to the tribunal. From page 7 of the AFL's 2019 Tribunal Guidelines book.

3 / REPORTABLE OFFENCES
3.1 CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

(F) IMPACT OF A BAD RECORD ON CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES
The sanction for Classifiable Offences will not be automatically increased where
a Player has a bad record. However, the MRO has the discretion to directly refer
the Player to the Tribunal in their absolute discretion under Regulation 15.12(i)(vi),
which includes as a result of a bad record at AFL or State League level. Evidence in
relation to the record of a Player can be tendered to the AFL Tribunal without the
leave of the Chairman when the charge is directly referred to the Tribunal.

Billy needs this to be classified as careless instead of intentional, to get off with just a fine.

Ford Fairlane

Feb 21, 2002
Port Adelaide 5015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Shouldn't, as these things are formula driven. However there is a discretion the AFL MRO/Tribunal process to refer it straight to the tribunal. From page 7 of the AFL's 2019 Tribunal Guidelines book.

3 / REPORTABLE OFFENCES
3.1 CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

(F) IMPACT OF A BAD RECORD ON CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES
The sanction for Classifiable Offences will not be automatically increased where
a Player has a bad record. However, the MRO has the discretion to directly refer
the Player to the Tribunal in their absolute discretion under Regulation 15.12(i)(vi),
which includes as a result of a bad record at AFL or State League level. Evidence in
relation to the record of a Player can be tendered to the AFL Tribunal without the
leave of the Chairman when the charge is directly referred to the Tribunal.

Billy needs this to be classified as careless instead of intentional, to get off with just a fine.
Ross Gibbs will probably ring the sanfl tribunal chairman claiming to be the Glenelg Football Club (he always thought he was anyway) and state that Peter Curran was concussed by the nefarious illegal activity of scum pond life Port footballers. This phone call will be taken on face value by the sanfl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bomberclifford

Importer/Exporter
Sep 2, 2005
Cerebral Cortex
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
The SANFL have come out and said they will delay the decision on until after next weeks Crows Glenelg game.
Clearly they couldn't do that if a Glenelg player was reported so it has to be about this:

Bays win. He'll get done.
Crows win. He'll get off.

Alberton Proud

Premiership Player
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wasn't even a free

But y' know SNAFL

chickentendies

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Honestly I love players who play on the edge. Billy is still learning the line and hopefully he'll soon learn how to tread that line appropriately. But I value mongrel highly and Frampton has it in spades.

Alberton Proud

Premiership Player
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2 x Things

I couldn't believe how often White illegally blocked Ladhams in Ruck Contests and not once was penalised

What's likely to happen post match if we win ? - will there be post match celebrations - stage / food / drink etc at Alberton like the old days

Top Bottom