2nds 2019 Finals – SF v Poor Little SA Richmond (Preview/Gameday/Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
MATCH PREVIEW
2019 SANFL'S FINALS
Port v Glenelg
Second Semifinal

We have just beaten West Lakes* and are now going to face Glenelg, the Minor Round Premiers, for a spot in SANFL's 2019 Grand Final.

Hinkley, the wise owl, has an important reminder for us:

39ei9e.jpg

We have lost both games against them in the Minor Round. Can our boys step up and get a win?

----
SELECTION

AJ returns from suspension.
No injuries have been reported so far.

Should we make any change at all?

----
* Lokan now has more Finals wins than Hinkley in the last five years.

Last edited:
Sunday 8th of September 3:15pm at Adelaide Oval. Also on Channel 7.

ECt9Ga9U0AEcnck.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Johnson, Strange
OUT: Frederick, Appleton

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Cox
HF: Johnson - Marshall - Woodcock
C: Farrell - Atley - Sutcliffe
HB: Mayes - Lienert - Hewett
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Trengove - Drew
INT: Elsworthy - Davidson - Strange
EMERG: Pudney - Frederick

Other:
Wong: (Last Played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
M.Mead: (Last Played, Round 9)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 15)
Grundy: (Last Played, Round 18)
Appleton: (Last Played, Finals Week 1)

Last edited:

Love the thread title GremioPower
Reminds me of the Tredrea game v the Tigers. I made a statement about all the Glenelg AFL wannabes and the bloke in front of me got upset. He said he was a South Adelaide supporter and proceeded to show me his SA top.

I laughed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glenelg are the best team this season. We couldn't cope with their organised game plan both times we met this year. They have a few good experienced players. I just can't see us beating them twice but I'd rather we get ourselves directly into the GF next weekend.
They are head and shoulders above the rest, but anything can happen in finals! Though we WILL get screwed by the Umps.

I predict a prelim against the Crows next week.

I hope Norwood beat Adelaide this weekend too, I wouldn't want to come up against Adelaide again in a PF or GF.

Glenelg are the best team this season. We couldn't cope with their organised game plan both times we met this year. They have a few good experienced players. I just can't see us beating them twice but I'd rather we get ourselves directly into the GF next weekend.

I observed that when North had the draw with them that Carr had seemingly picked something in their structures. Players were given roles on particular players and Carr exploited this. For instance he played players out of their usual positions do as to drag Glenelg players out of their zones. Tanner Smith was CHB all year and Carr started him on a wing where he played most of the game and his player went with him. In reasonable conditions both sides only scored 4-15 to have a draw. Hopefully this was noted at Alberton too👍

I hope Norwood beat Adelaide this weekend too, I wouldn't want to come up against Adelaide again in a PF or GF.
We were terrible and still beat crows comfortably. Reckon Nord are better than crows.

If the umpiring is reasonable, then I reckon Port should win, they haven’t lost to the bays in the finals since 1990 after all.

As for the ‘curtain raiser’, given you guys hate both sides, will be interesting to see who Port fans would prefer to get the win?

If the umpiring is reasonable, then I reckon Port should win, they haven’t lost to the bays in the finals since 1990 after all.

As for the ‘curtain raiser’, given you guys hate both sides, will be interesting to see who Port fans would prefer to get the win?
No preference.

Norwood will destroy adelaide. If there is a miracle and the crows win and we have to play them, we will destroy them the second time around. That's as close as they will get to the Maggies on Saturday night.

Selection: Livewire forward included in extended squad
Pacy defender Kai Pudney and Magpies contracted pair Jack Strange and Ben Edwards have also been included in the squad to face the Tigers, which must be trimmed to 21 players before the huge clash.
'Pacy defender Kai Pudney', really? Is it that hard for our own employees to get this kinda s**t right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back