AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
My guess
15000 Lions fans
15000 Tigers fans
6000 Lions bandwagoners
Would be a good split (for us anyway). Going to be a bit of a noisy match (as all finals are). Both sides aren't bad at the booing either.

Would be a good split (for us anyway). Going to be a bit of a noisy match (as all finals are). Both sides aren't bad at the booing either.
Where do you find the split of tickets?
Or is this only guessing?
I find it hard to imagine 15000 travelling Richmond supporters prepared to pay the travel expenses?

gamgeee

Draftee
Aug 24, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sounds like a lot of lions fans have been allocated seats on the southern side of the ground. We managed to get tickets in section 44... and I didn’t click through the Brisbane Lions email link, just went straight to the Ticketmaster website. Hope this doesn’t mean we’re in a tigers section!

wantok

All Australian
Jan 3, 2012
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well done, section 5 is my season members area and great seats. I logged on at 11am finished at 11.20am. I also tried searching again for about 5 times but always the same Section 17 (mid tier) came up just different seat numbers, so i just settled for that. Could be better could be worse.

Yes I am from Sec 5 usually so I know how good they are:)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like a lot of lions fans have been allocated seats on the southern side of the ground. We managed to get tickets in section 44... and I didn’t click through the Brisbane Lions email link, just went straight to the Ticketmaster website. Hope this doesn’t mean we’re in a tigers section!

Nah. i did a bunch of refreshing when getting mine. Section 44 was the main section on that side, 67,68,64,60 were the main ones on the southern side.

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Where do you find the split of tickets?
Or is this only guessing?
I find it hard to imagine 15000 travelling Richmond supporters prepared to pay the travel expenses?
I'm not sure. Probably something between 10-15K. Our allocation was 15,000. I'm not sure how much we used and/or how much Brisbane supporters took up (If any).
I remember in 2014 when we went up and played Port Adelaide in the distasteful EF, we had 10,000 there that day which from memory was a record at the time by any Melbourne club traveling Interstate.

For some reason row AA is cat 4 even though it’s front row of the top tier.

Noticed this as well but missed out on there tickets. Sit in section 45/46 in the members and love the seats.

Row AA is considered restricted view due to the railing I would imagine.

Edit: my source is that I sit there through the regular season. The slightly restricted view is worth it for the benefit of being able to get the whole crowd going behind me.

Last edited:

rusty08

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After a bit of local advise.
Was lucky enough to purchase 2 tickets in different sections. First one, I panic bought and it's in section 59 (checked after and realised it's probably going to be predominantly tigers supporters.
Bit the bullet and was lucky enough to get another, in section 75,up behind lions cheer squad I believe?
Should this be the ticket I stick with? Bare in mind I'll be on my own. Tia for any advise.

After a bit of local advise.
Was lucky enough to purchase 2 tickets in different sections. First one, I panic bought and it's in section 59 (checked after and realised it's probably going to be predominantly tigers supporters.
Bit the bullet and was lucky enough to get another, in section 75,up behind lions cheer squad I believe?
Should this be the ticket I stick with? Bare in mind I'll be on my own. Tia for any advise.
Would definitely go 75

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We are coming up from Melbourne so please everyone give me your honest answer, no sugar coating please. We have been a fair few times to gabba and are always sitting around the cheersquad area. We have been given our tickets ( 7 of us ) in section 60 SS. Can you please give us your honest opinion what this view will be like. Gather it is nearly to the back. Cheers.

Back