2nds 2019 Finals - GF vs the Palindromes (sadly not the Little Teds)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because you're used to Australian rules and double chances, doesn't make it right. Imagine having to play an FA Cup final or a Super Bowl against a team who you beat in a final two weeks ago.

Just because you're used to Australian rules and double chances, doesn't make it right. Imagine having to play an FA Cup final or a Super Bowl against a team who you beat in a final two weeks ago.
The only way it works is if you dont have finals. 1st plays 2nd and winner takes the premiership.

so 8th and 9th on the ladder both get 2 players each in the team of the year while both 2nd and 3rd only get 1 each and powerhouse Glenelg who had the same amount of wins as said 2nd place team who just lost to them in the second semi get 5 players and the coach

cool story bro

Under the SNAFL Horoscope, it's been designated as the year of the Tiger.

I don't like our chances on Sunday.

If you look at our Marjorie Medal votes, after Jack's 15 was Joe Atley with 8 (polling 3 times), Willem Drew with 6 (3), Big Scotty 6 (from 2 fu's to the senior coach), Billy and Peter only got 5 votes, Joel 3 (one bog). So the umpires probably thought we gave away too many frees to warrant more votes and maybe the team of the year selectors were of a similar hive mind.

The only way we can with this is if we smash them

If the game is close you can guarantee the SANFL and their umpires will ensure the bays get over the line just like they did in 2014 and 2017 vs Norwood and Sturt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I upset my Glenelg supporting boss today. We were discussing Adelaide’s approaching dust storm this morning, and I suggested to him that somebody accidentally opened Glenelg’s trophy cabinet. He replied, “I suppose you think you’re funny?”

I just realised I do not personally know any Glenelg supporters. My friends, family and work colleagues all follow every club but the bays. Must be quite a few still firmly in the woodwork that will only slip out if they manage to beat us.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but the SNAFL banned the Magpies Cheerleaders from performing at the GF on Sunday because "Glenelg don't have cheerleaders"

"The SANFL on Wednesday told the Magpies' troupe it would not be allowed to perform before the Grand Final because opponent Glenelg did not have its own team of cheerleaders"

That decision has now been reversed with the support of Glenelg's Nick Chigwidden.

#pissant

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but the SNAFL banned the Magpies Cheerleaders from performing at the GF on Sunday because "Glenelg don't have cheerleaders"

"The SANFL on Wednesday told the Magpies' troupe it would not be allowed to perform before the Grand Final because opponent Glenelg did not have its own team of cheerleaders"

That decision has now been reversed with the support of Glenelg's Nick Chigwidden.

#pissant
Thanks Chiggi.

#pissant

Tim Ginever will leotard up and do the honours for Glenelg.

Yep, you and I both. I saw what the umpires did to us in the closing 2 minutes of the '17 GF. It was so brazen it beggared belief.
The way our cheerleading team were initially denied a gig for Sunday because Glenelg didn't have one.
Our girls put in a big effort thru' out the year only to be snotted on the big day.
Yes it's been reversed and they'll get their rightful gig but to even have to fight for the right tells you everything you need to know
about the bent little snivelling pricks and car hunts that run footy in little old adelaide.
A festering pile of excreta bound together by hate and cronyism that panders to angry greedy baby boomers and their
warped sense of entitlement.

On top of this pile sits none other than John Olsen a man who should have been gaoled in the 90's for the privatisation of ETSA, SA Water
and the Motorola contract. Instead he's front and centre manoeuvring the crows onto our parklands underwritten with $15m of our money.
As if that's not enough throw in the AO hotel.

Yep we'll be reamed by the umps on sunday in this the "year of the tiger". Get your lubricant ready because we'll have to be more
than better on the day to win it.

Just a reminder that Ken Cunningham was still in nappies when Glenelg last beat Port in a grand final - hopefully that record remains intact!!!
What an image that conjures up, our cagey cunnington supping on his grapefruit juice teat and only smiling when he breaks wind.
Frothing over his brie ant gen-elg going ssssstrike me per-per ppink sstud guffaw

Went to the SANFL GF luncheon at AO yesterday. Always a great day, but there was definite anti-Port feel in the air. The SNAFL are scared that we might win it. Matty Lokan and Cam both looked relaxed.

Choco was the guest speaker. He gave the most bizarre 30 minute power point presentation I've ever seen. Its like he was in a job interview telling 600 people why he should still be an AFL coach...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back