2nds 2019 Finals - GF vs the Palindromes (sadly not the Little Teds)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope if Curran is in the Grand Final and all the Port Players go up and say to him. Oh we cant wait until you get you hands on the ball, that should put the s**tes up him lol

Haha, I did that one time. Went up to my opponent as soon as they ran into the ground. I said to him that he was going to end up in hospital that afternoon (he had kicked 6 the last time we played them), unfortunately, the umpire had seen what I was doing and followed me.

He said ‘I will see you at the Tribunal”.

The scare tactic worked though. First time this bloke went for the ball in a marking contest he ducked his head but was given a charity free. Umpire just laughed at me,

It was the only touch this bloke got though and I got votes from the umpire.

Going to be hilarious when Billy loses control and gets reported in the grand final.

No. He's been off for two finals. He's got to play the bloody ball. It's good news. Lokan needs to help him be focused on doing his best to win the match.

Johnson is a loss because his speed between deep forward to the centre was important against hindering Glenelg from rebounding a lot. We missed it against the crows. Can we cover it?

The AFL need to step in and run the SANFL, they clearly can't run the league properly themselves.

this whole tribunal system is an absolute farce
But the AFL can't run the league properly either!

Monday night when I saw both incidents in full, my gut feeling was AJ wont win any appeal, but Billy should and would if argued correctly as there was enough doubt and the hit wasn't as hard as AJ's..

Sanity prevailed. Good argument about the sun in his eyes. I remember holding my hands up to reduce glare into my eyes even though I was wearing a cap in the 2nd quarter as the sun was in the NW corner of the ground and Billy would have been looking straight into it.

Frampton hasn't fired the last 2 weeks, but he absolutely needs to here. He'll blow the roof off the joint if he takes some strong marks and kicks some goals.
He can go as bat s**t and aggressive as he likes, and worry about the consequences next year.

Brilliant that billy got off. Will be fantastic if he tears the grand final apart kicking multiple goals. I still think aj is a bit stiff. I am still not 100% convinced he even hit him in the head, and if he did it was definitely his upper arm not his fist, umpire didn’t even give a free kick, but ultimately one of them was going to cop the medium impact due to the injury.

Fog is up forward now.
Otten played on him last time and beat him convincingly. Bill will want a much better game than that.
I know Fog is up forwad. My comment was that Glenelg Captain and defender Curran is going to have to play on him next week. He's got to get through a game agaunst Cheap Shot Fog before even worrying about the mean Magpies players.

For Hammer to make a stand (when no-one else did) with a statement ( knowing it to be correct but none the less controversial), indicates to me the quality of a good leader or good future leader. Standing up for your mates and calling out an unjust decision gets my vote for captain any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Ollie, Tom, take note for future reference.

Good news for Billy tonight.
Good news also that the club got off their backsides and fought the decision rather than meekly accept a decision without a whimper. The grand final obviously had something to do with the action taken !!!. My point is, this should be the norm / the expected, not the exception. It applies to both AFL and SANFL components of the club.
Port administration, take note for future reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure Curran deserves all the wrath here perhaps he wasn't interested in giving agenda driven "evidence" and hanging our blokes.

Ah, no... Curren wanted to give evidence by phone. What he was going to say would have had both Aidyn and Billy taken from the Tribunal room straight to the Old Adelaide jail and a firing squad assembled. When he was told he couldn’t give evidence by phone (how do you show him video) he chose not to attend.

Ah, no... Curren wanted to give evidence by phone. What he was going to say would have had both Aidyn and Billy taken from the Tribunal room straight to the Old Adelaide jail and a firing squad assembled. When he was told he couldn’t give evidence by phone (how do you show him video) he chose not to attend.
How would you know? you ain't giving evidence by phone to hang blokes unless you are an absolute pea heart,

I'm not sure Curran deserves all the wrath here perhaps he wasn't interested in giving agenda driven "evidence" and hanging our blokes.

I tend to agree TBH. No evidence to suggest he wanted to be a part of the Glenelg charade.
Even though he plays for Glenelg it is possible he could still be a good bloke.

Does he deserve our wrath ?
Certainly.
He plays for Glenelg.

My initial feelings was that Johnson was in trouble but Frampton should get off, which proved to be true.

That said, given the procedural issues with this tribunal process, we should absolutely take Johnson's suspension further, if for nothing more than to fly the flag and stick up for our player.

The SANFL might want to tighten up their processes given what occurred here.

Glenelg beat Adelaide
Port beat Glenelg in GF
Frampton after kicking the winning goal goes up to Curran and drops him
The stuff legends are made of

Not that that would happen, but hilarious all the same.
You could do Monty Python skip with this scenario 😀

"The Palindromes that say Ni"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back