2nds 2019 Finals - GF vs the Palindromes (sadly not the Little Teds)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
fu** all this "we wish them all the best" bulls**t that Kockch continues to spout. Every time he ******* opens his mouth to praise the opposition and vanillarise everything we stand for, I die a little more inside.

If you're going to hang around as Chairman of this football club Koch, how about you at least use your status to land us a huge sponsor and get us back in the black. Because right now, you're failing in that category too. Little embarrassing for a 'finance guru', right?

I agree.

The whole club has a soft underbelly.

At the beginning of the year the club placed up an article on Kyle Jenner to congratulate him on his 200 games played and sanfl life membership. He played 35 for the Magpies after which he switched to Centrals and rubbed in every goal he kicked against us at Alberton. Yet this club congratulated him with an article on the club webpage?

Another example of the wrong culture at this club.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
fu** all this "we wish them all the best" bulls**t that Kockch continues to spout. Every time he ******* opens his mouth to praise the opposition and vanillarise everything we stand for, I die a little more inside.

If you're going to hang around as Chairman of this football club Koch, how about you at least use your status to land us a huge sponsor and get us back in the black. Because right now, you're failing in that category too. Little embarrassing for a 'finance guru', right?
F**k you Koch. You are a pretend Port man. Just say we are wrapped to be playing in a Grand Final and may the best team win. Stop licking arses and boot straps!

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
I agree.

The whole club has a soft underbelly.

At the beginning of the year the club placed up an article on Kyle Jenner to congratulate him on his 200 games played and sanfl life membership. He played 35 for the Magpies after which he switched to Centrals and rubbed in every goal he kicked against us at Alberton. Yet this club congratulated him with an article on the club webpage?

Another example of the wrong culture at this club.
My friend, this kind of kowtowing has became a disease within our club.

The tragedy that struck the late Phil Walsh and his family is a case in point. The way we felt about the catastrophe that happened to Phil was a matter for us and something we as a club had to deal with in our own way. I didn't give a f**k how the c**** at the cows felt or how it effected them. How they dealt with the tragedy was a matter for them. To come out and say absolute crap like we "fly together" and all that sort of s**t made me so f****ng angry!

To give them comfort and to try and relieve them of some of their grief was offensive to Port Adelaide and all of those who have ever donned a Port Adelaide guernsey or have ever supported Port Adelaide. It is not our place to give refuge to anyone that is not Port Adelaide let alone scum that have tried for over one hundred years to keep us down as a club.

We told the world how we felt about Phil Walsh and the shocking events and how it pained our club enormously and that should have been it. To behave like a therapist for the cows or anyone else is f****ng crap: their problems are their problems and they have nothing to do with us.

No f****ng idea of what it means to be Port Adelaide by Koch and co.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

I don't mind taking the high road in this context. Magnanimity is a virtue.

We look to Glenelg from above. We were already better than them when we were first among equals in SA. We are not equals anymore. We know it. They know it. We know they know it. They know we know they know it.

This particular time, Koch wasn't being vanilla. Calling their bullsh*t and wishing them the best is congratulating them for the second place in advance. It was a polite way of telling them to f*ck themselves. With this, Koch would even have made them jumping angrily through the roof. Lucky for them, they don't have a roof...

Koch should be more like that. Unfortunately, he is not.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
For those that can, would you please let the players that have made it to the Grand Final know that they have AFL contracts and are collecting large pay packets as professional footballers because the Port Adelaide Magpies kept winning Grand Finals.

Port Adelaide is the only, true, established football club that was accepted into the AFL because of the incredible success of the Magpies and that the players that are honoured with wearing the guernsey in the Grand Final must win: they are expected to win, it is their duty.

Even though we are playing against the scum of the earth, it doesn't matter who the opposition is, we must beat them because that is what Port Adelaide does - wins Grand Finals. Nothing else is acceptable.
They need to know NOT that they CAN win, but that they MUST and WILL win.
Take them to tourS in the trophy room.
Show them the flags won against Glenelg.
Make them listen to our past great players!

The scum of the earth have never beaten us in a Grand Final SINCE 1934 and that is the only time. (Edited due to oversight and in the interests of truth in reporting 8:10 pm ACST, 16/9/19)

We also need to bring History into the field. From the get-go, let them know that failure is their fate because that is what they do. The umpires will try, but they won't be able to lift them up. All Glenelg's legs must shake before us due the weight of the past.

It is going to be close. So, if they have doubts, and if we are certain, that should be enough for us to win.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
They need to know NOT that they CAN win, but that they MUST and WILL win.
Take them to tourS in the trophy room.
Show them the flags won against Glenelg.
Make them listen to our past great players!

We also need to bring History into the field. From the get-go, let them know that failure is their fate because that is what they do. The umpires will try, but they won't be able to lift them up. All Glenelg's legs must shake before us due the weight of the past.

It is going to be close. So, if they have doubts, and if we are certain, that should be enough for us to win.

We just have to win: refuse to lose any contest.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hope we win mainly so that our young guys achieve something together and it translates into confidence and belief that they could do it again in the big time. There’s a lot of power in knowing you are capable of getting the job done.
There is also a lot of power in knowing how enjoyable a premiership is.

I think after winning a flag (even in the SANFOOL) they are less likely to be happy just accepting a paycheck and living the lifestyle.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't mind taking the high road in this context. Magnanimity is a virtue.

We look to Glenelg from above. We were already better than them when we were first among equals in SA. We are not equals anymore. We know it. They know it. We know they know it. They know we know they know it.

This particular time, Koch wasn't being vanilla. Calling their bullsh*t and wishing them the best is congratulating them for the second place in advance. It was a polite way of telling them to f*ck themselves. With this, Koch would even have made them jumping angrily through the roof. Lucky for them, they don't have a roof...

Koch should be more like that. Unfortunately, he is not.

Maybe but I think he was being his usual fairy flossy self and from football terms would have no idea what psychological affect these words might mean. I'm hoping that by pure fluke what he said does have a negative psychological affect on those players he referred to, if they were listening.

I still prefer Jack's method of answering to the media about the opposition during GF week. He said the game was being played on Sunday. He left them guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Kochie with a slight dig
View attachment 747109

We never ever wish Glenelg all the best. How out of touch is this guy?

Just on the 1934 grand final, there was a rumour that the ne'er do wells of Glenelg bribed the Port team. This was in the midst of the Great Depression and putting food on the table of your family was more important than winning a football game. Probably just an urban myth.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just on the 1934 grand final, there was a rumour that the ne'er do wells of Glenelg bribed the Port team. This was in the midst of the Great Depression and putting food on the table of your family was more important than winning a football game. Probably just an urban myth.
I think the bribery went elsewhere. According to relatives who were around at the time (sadly no longer) immediately following the game the umpire in charge got himself onto the first train to Perth (just ahead of an angry mob) and never came back.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I have my 2 Adelaide Oval memberships which get me in this weekend. Does anyone know whether i can buy guest passes so that i can buy for others so that they can sit in the western stand with me?

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I have my 2 Adelaide Oval memberships which get me in this weekend. Does anyone know whether i can buy guest passes so that i can buy for others so that they can sit in the western stand with me?
Guest passes available via Ticketek

Screenshot_20190917-141159.png

We never ever wish Glenelg all the best. How out of touch is this guy?

He's not wishing Glenelg all the best. He's wishing the players that used to play for us but we couldn't keep due to the SANFL rules all the best.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the bribery went elsewhere. According to relatives who were around at the time (sadly no longer) immediately following the game the umpire in charge got himself onto the first train to Perth (just ahead of an angry mob) and never came back.
My dear old Dad told me something along the same lines. Firstly the game was played in the middle of the Great Depression and the working class folk were doing it tough down Port Adelaide way and secondly in the 1st Semi Final (1st against 2nd) Port gave the Bays an almighty thumping. The Bays won the Prelim the following week to then setup Port in the GF. Dad told me that all the smart money was on a Glenelg victory with all the SP bookies.
Of course Glenelg won and a few bookies had big payouts. It was suggested that Port didn’t bring their “A” game to the grand final that day. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back