Opinion 2019 Finals Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Mick shithouse telling Geelong too stop whinging and focus on Collingwood,he wrote the article in the paper,he will do anything,too get Geelong pumped up, he's a pathetic person,is Mick shithouse.

My prediction Finals Game one team:

Collingwood

B. M Scharenberg ~ J Roughead ~ B Maynard
HB. J Crisp ~ D Moore ~ J Howe
C. S Sidebottom ~ A Treloar ~ T Phillips
HF. J Stephenson ~ B Mihocek ~ J Thomas
F. J Elliott ~ J De Goey ~ W Hoskin-Elliott
R. B Grundy ~ S Pendlebury (c) ~ T Adams
I. C Mayne ~ R Wills ~ L Greenwood ~ C Brown
C. N Buckley

E. J Madgen, J Daicos, J Noble, T Varcoe

From Round 23:

In: S Sidebottom, J De Goey, J Stephenson
Out: J Madgen, T Varcoe, J Noble (omitted)

Grundy - norm smith
If we win it this year, it will be because Grundy goes bananas
And I think after last years disappointing GF, that he will
Last year hurt him. It cut him deep. He puts high expectations on himself, all champions do. He will be inspired this finals series. Buckle up Pies fans, Grundy will be immense.

it just feels like everything is coming together at the right time, it's actually weird these things dont usually happen.. I mean:

- Hawthorn cause a big upset for us to get into the top 4
- We get Geelong at the MCG first up
- Stephenson got to have a tune up VFL game
- Getting most of our players back just in time

I hope it is a sign of something good to come
Richmond have to travel to Brisbane. And there is a good chance they lose that game. And if they do, there is a chance they go out in straight sets.
West Coast have to travel every week after their first final, assuming they get over Essendon who can play with reckless abandon.
I agree, the stars could be aligning.

We wont win the flag if we lose the QF and will we will win the flag if we win the QF.

Richmond are the best team in the comp and will be our toughest opponent in either the PF or GF
I agree mostly except I think West Coast’s best is better than Richmond. For some reason they are a bit off and finishing 5th has made their task super tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Goey is going to tear this ******* finals series apart. He will not be stopped. Lynch and Riewoldt can do what they want.
I really believe we will all be shocked how our forward line looks with Stevo back in. He will kick a goal or two even if he isn’t in his 5 goals in a match form from earlier in the season. But the space he will open up for De Goey, Elliott and our other forwards will be huge. We will be so dangerous.

I posted a screeny of my ladder predictor around round 13, which is exactly how we ended up.
Free beer to anyone who can find that post....I can't.

Pies to beat Brisvegas in the Granny by 3 goals I reckon.

I really believe we will all be shocked how our forward line looks with Stevo back in. He will kick a goal or two even if he isn’t in his 5 goals in a match form from earlier in the season. But the space he will open up for De Goey, Elliott and our other forwards will be huge. We will be so dangerous.
100%. He’s importance to our structure is underrated I feel. Ability to create space inside 50 and set up team mates in good positions is first class. Can’t wait to see him play again.

100%. He’s importance to our structure is underrated I feel. Ability to create space inside 50 and set up team mates in good positions is first class. Can’t wait to see him play again.
It’s unbelievable how much a second year player can influence our structure and ultimate performance. His speed and ability to lead out, and double back is almost impossible for opposition sides to counter. And a gulf of space opens up behind him. We are so fortunate to have him. If we had that 17’ draft again, I’d still pick him. Rayner will great, Naughton will be too. Yes we could’ve picked a Kelly but he’d be heading home anyway. But Stevo is unique. A few preseasons and some added muscle, and he will be a damaging mid as well. We are blessed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back