Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

So here is my take on Ticketek's system now. Firstly, it's much better than some of the total fiasco's we've had previous years where it takes ages to get in, ages to transact, with failed transactions etc etc.

They do seem to have sorted their server capacity out and their purchasing method out. Their issue is in their communication to the public.

They clearly just keep the queue long and drip feed people into the purchase session so that doesnt crash, which is fine, because once in, it takes all of 2 mins, there is plenty of tickets and people are happy. HOWEVER, because they dont communicate they are going to drip feed people in, everyone freaks out the longer they sit in queue, imagining all the tens of thousands of other people snapping up their tickets. (Cats fans have nightmares of us stealing theirs - which is true, best.) This causes people to FOMO into spinning up more sessions on more devices, making the queue even longer.

They could avoid this with some better communication, even regular tweets say every 5-10 mins clarifying there are still plenty of seats left so people just patiently wait without any FOMO.

So here is my take on Ticketek's system now. Firstly, it's much better than some of the total fiasco's we've had previous years where it takes ages to get in, ages to transact, with failed transactions etc etc.

They do seem to have sorted their server capacity out and their purchasing method out. Their issue is in their communication to the public.

They clearly just keep the queue long and drip feed people into the purchase session so that doesnt crash, which is fine, because once in, it takes all of 2 mins, there is plenty of tickets and people are happy. HOWEVER, because they dont communicate they are going to drip feed people in, everyone freaks out the longer they sit in queue, imagining all the tens of thousands of other people snapping up their tickets. (Cats fans have nightmares of us stealing theirs - which is true, best.) This causes people to FOMO into spinning up more sessions on more devices, making the queue even longer.

They could avoid this with some better communication, even regular tweets say every 5-10 mins clarifying there are still plenty of seats left so people just patiently wait without any FOMO.
Well said! I agree totally...and how about some noise on the browser when it does eventually automatically log you in...like a bell ringing!
Just for old feckers like meself, who doze of watching the screen and doing the odd dribble... :)

I was under the pump in the office didn't get on to start queuing until 9:09 am, got in at 9:16 am, they spat out Geelong cheersquad area, forget that. Cancelled, took a risk, went back into the queue at 9:17 am. 9:21 am got back in...

M53 Row M Category 1 with my Tigers.

Geelong cheersquad campaigners.
Think there will be a few bays at the Geelong end which are Tiger bays. I ended up in M36 after selecting Richmond allocation, and another mate ended up with M31 doing the same.

So they may have their end, but they'll be surrounded by us.

Reading the RTSG and they are gobbling up the other allocation

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing I don't like is you basically have to take the seats that are given to you, you can't risk refreshing to try and get different ones. So you pick your category and then it's a lottery, there are people who get better seats later just by luck, not really ideal. There is not even a choice of bays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back