2019 Finals ticketing info: ALL TICKETS DONE. Go cats Friday.

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Logged on at 10.30am to check if there were any seats left that my 6 year old could see from. Got tickets in Row A, level 3 directly behind the Punt Rd goals.

Based on that, I doubt they’ll get 50K for this one.

Was worried my 9 yr old (who was silently weeping in the 2nd quarter on Friday night) wouldn’t want to go as he has a school Disco, but his instant response was ‘can I miss the Disco?’

What have I done? Poor kid

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
Checking in to see how you all went with tix.
Everything was such a fiasco for us last week. Pies callow teenagers at their feral best knocking us over and ruining the view with their bar moves.
Concluding with delayed train after 11 p.m. and people standing in the aisles all the way back.

I can see why Geelong people, apart from being over the AFL in general, will vote with feet and stay home on Friday night.
I really want to go and support the boys, confident of a reasonable win, but still tired as not in best of health.
If I'm wrong, it could quite possibly be Gazza's last game......expect him to really fire.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Logged on at 10.30am to check if there were any seats left that my 6 year old could see from. Got tickets in Row A, level 3 directly behind the Punt Rd goals.

Based on that, I doubt they’ll get 50K for this one.

Was worried my 9 yr old (who was silently weeping in the 2nd quarter on Friday night) wouldn’t want to go as he has a school Disco, but his instant response was ‘can I miss the Disco?’

What have I done? Poor kid

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What the lowest finals attendance at the G ? ...

You are in PRIORITY GROUP 2*

For the 2019 AFL Grand Final registration, Priority Group 2 Members will be required to register between 1pm to 6pm on either:

Wednesday 11 September (if the Cats win the Qualifying Final) or;

Wednesday 18 September (if the Cats lose the Qualifying Final but win the Semi Final)

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Is pretty gutting tho to register then lose the prelim.

Also get charged $$ dont get that back.
Eh I understand why they do it. As soon as the 2nd Grand Finalist is finalised, the AFL decides the allocation between the two clubs and starts processing tickets ASAP so that people know as early as possible if they've got a seat or not.

* OF AFL:

Meanwhile the AFL started offering cut-price tickets to Friday night’s game on Wednesday. Some Level 1 tickets were offered for $35, and one deal had a family ticket available for as little as $50.

This is the ticketing map for Friday night:
Category 1 - dark blue
Category 2 - light blue
Category 3 - green
Category 7 - pink

Categories 4, 5, 6, standing room & restricted viewing all listed as "allocation exhausted", even though I doubt they were ever actually on sale.

Other thing that's clearly noticeable is all available seating is on level 1 other than 2 bays; one is level 2 with N32 (category 1) and then P1 (category 2)

What a joke

CD3A0536-CEF8-433F-8A11-02953FB0BF05.jpeg

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
According to the chart that was put out by the MCG, I see no Cat 3, 5 or 6 for sale. With 7 being the 3 bays behind the goals only (no Lvl4) so essentially the game is Cat 1 (reduced), Cat 2 (reduced), Cat 4 and GA. If the MCC and AFL member neutrals weren't going would there be more than 35,000? I dare say not...

Look at level 4, it may as well be all GA.

JohnZ seems the folks at Ticketek & those running the MCG website aren't talking. This is a screenshot of the public reserve tickets currently available through Ticketek. When I run the mouse over any bay in level 4, or any of the bays that lack colour it comes up with, "no available tickets".

Shell when you bought your ticket on Monday, did you find that it was only those 3 or 4 categories of seating available? I don't think it even said allocation exhausted for the others, it just didn't even have them to select as an option?

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Ticketek & those running the MCG website aren't talking.
If the ground is staffed on Friday night I'll be stoked. Incompetence in multitudes it seems up the highway. Couldn't write a parody with more twists and turns than this.

Did you guys hear the news this morning?

Some company Craig Hutchinson is affiliated with has been flogging tickets to this game for $173. Almost double the mark up price. Is saying "you get top access to quality bars and food outlets" which is what is included anyway :D

This is why there's no buses:

Melbourne and Olympic Park spokesperson Georgia Pedersen confirmed the large-bus bays were already snapped up by vehicles taking kids to rehearse for the Victorian State Schools Spectacular.
“With a clash event at Melbourne Arena, bus parking is sold out,” she said.
“Our parking team have been in contact with Bus Association Victoria to accommodate additional bookings where possible.”
With their performance-proper on Saturday, the students will complete their rehearsals by 6pm, but that apparently does not leave enough time for their buses to clear the venue and footy buses to park in time for the game.

Not sure how true it is - but read before that less than 39k tickets have been sold for Friday night

And I did read this last night - glad that the club did ask:

The club traditionally struggles to draw big crowds on Friday nights in Melbourne, and — as the minor premier — had asked the AFL to schedule its final against the Eagles at Geelong’s GMHBA Stadium.

(same article previous post)

CoachEmUpChucky

Senior List
Apr 15, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Liverpool FC
Where is the Geelong cheer squad Friday night?
MCG website says M33.
Cats match day guide email says M3.

Back