News 2019 Finals Tickets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens if I didn't receive a message from the pies for the ballot date? I'm a legends member do I just miss out if we make it all the way?
The ballot is closed so I’d be contacting the club. Some received one or all of emails/snail mail/SMS messages regarding the ballot.

The ballot is closed so I’d be contacting the club. Some received one or all of emails/snail mail/SMS messages regarding the ballot.
Okay cheers will do. Had no clue that they came out this week. Hopefully I can snag me a spot

Assuming we make the GF...

I have access to 4 non-competing AFL gold memberships. How likely would I be to secure Grand Final tickets?
Last year I managed to get 4, but I think I was very lucky. How much of a difference would it make if we play Richmond or Geelong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No guest passes for AFL SILVER MEMBERS
No guest passes for AFL members, period.

Ticket Limits
  • Club Members = 2 ticket per barcode, 8 tickets per transaction
  • MCC Visitor Ticket Limit = 1 visitor ticket per member
  • AFL Members Guest Pass = 1 ticket per member, no guest passes, 10 tickets per transaction

Dilemma?

Going with 4 others (family)

So:
For go members ticket entitlement time getting the 1 or 2 tickets

Or:

Can’t see missing out on the tickets and don’t particularly fuss if it’s higher up view etc, it’s actually a good way to watch the tactics and stream of play.

What to do?

Does anyone have any idea on the pricing for the PF based on AFL Silver membership. I just tried for the Friday game to get an idea and they wanted $254 for two tickets in Q23 row Q?! Thought it would be a lot cheaper than that or is it only cheaper if you have club support for one of the competing teams?

Dilemma?

Going with 4 others (family)

So:
For go members ticket entitlement time getting the 1 or 2 tickets

Or:

Can’t see missing out on the tickets and don’t particularly fuss if it’s higher up view etc, it’s actually a good way to watch the tactics and stream of play.

What to do?

If you don’t mind the higher view, I’d go option 2.

Does anyone have any idea on the pricing for the PF based on AFL Silver membership. I just tried for the Friday game to get an idea and they wanted $254 for two tickets in Q23 row Q?! Thought it would be a lot cheaper than that or is it only cheaper if you have club support for one of the competing teams?
Silver members don't receive any discounts (like in Week 1 and Week 2) for the Prelim.

If you don’t mind the higher view, I’d go option 2.
Probably what I’ll do.
We pack a lunch (evening lunch supper) some snacks for the kids going too, were all in black and white colours, it’s terrific. Especially Prelim matches as the most fans based games (GF has lots of corporate and non participating team fans in my view) so great fun.

The high view doesn’t bother me, once you adjust it’s “normal” viewing to you. I take binoculars anyway (take them regardless, habit from the races).

Can’t wait, just must win that game, no second chances.

Depends on the category but I think pricing starts at $125 for the worst seats in the AFL members.

Gonna see if a mate can get me an MCC guest pass, meaning once again I’ve paid my membership for literally zero value derived :( (though at least I have it as a fall back)

FWIW and I realise I’m going a week early here but I give myself precisely zero chance of getting a Grand Final ticket with my membership entitlements. So if anyone ends up landing a spare (unlikely I know) I’d definitely be willing to pay face value and then buy you a beer or ten at the game :p

Silvers are also restricted to tickets in M open and Q, can’t get M undercover or N and P.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back