News 2019 Finals Tickets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I can complain too much about reduced ticket prices. If someone had suggested before I bought mine at 9.05 on Tuesday that I might be able to buy the same entry at half-price later on, I still would have paid the full price for the security of getting a decent seat.

And there's nothing unreasonable about people who might not otherwise be able to go --because of financial hardship-- actually getting a chance to see their team again this year after all.

Yeah well said. Dynamic pricing and late discounting are pretty standard across all goods and services....for some reason people find it outrageous when applied to football

Remember folks the numbers in attendance are dependent also on neutral MCC members turning up,
And AFL sold all finals group tickets and AFL members and assorted hangers on etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against either Geelong or Richmond, I'd say if you want a seat on level 2 or 3 of the reserve, 4am is the time to line up. But you can pretty much rock up at 8am and get a seat somewhere. Question is how far are you prepared to go to secure a great seat. I've been getting there at 3 am recently and have had no issue getting seats on level 2 in front of the long room.
Cheers for the response! Do you remember if they normally ask for photo ID? Using a mate’s membership so I’m a bit worried

Cheers for the response! Do you remember if they normally ask for photo ID? Using a mate’s membership so I’m a bit worried
You must have a pretty good mate or a fairly naive one... the chance of getting caught is low, but they would be kicked straight out of the club if you get caught doing it.... I wouldn't lend my mcc membership to my own family.

You must have a pretty good mate or a fairly naive one... the chance of getting caught is low, but they would be kicked straight out of the club if you get caught doing it.... I wouldn't lend my mcc membership to my own family.
I was stopped at the first final in AFL section. Guy come up to me and asked to see my ticket, 'I replied why, who are you'? Didn't have any id on me and had to go to the counter but fortunately for no apparent reason have memorised my membership number and they stamped my ticket and I went through.

I was stopped at the first final in AFL section. Guy come up to me and asked to see my ticket, 'I replied why, who are you'? Didn't have any id on me and had to go to the counter but fortunately for no apparent reason have memorised my membership number and they stamped my ticket and I went through.
Mcc area has spot checks and cards now have pictures on them. So can't play silly buggers in there unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back