Didak_attack

All Australian
Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
If ticketek had any brains they would probably have GA for prelims as the last ticket type to go on sale each day.

Just clogs the system and ruins chances for people going for the latter tickets (in todays case MCC)

I luckily had no issues but people will inevitably have them. Luckily we are playing an interstate side and not an MCG tenant

Smokey17

Debutant
Jan 25, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wondering if: With an AFL silver membership (club support Collingwood) Can I purchase a ticket in the Club member time slot of ticket sales?

If so, I think I have a better chance of getting a better seat... if not the case please let me know. cheers.

Just wondering if: With an AFL silver membership (club support Collingwood) Can I purchase a ticket in the Club member time slot of ticket sales?

If so, I think I have a better chance of getting a better seat... if not the case please let me know. cheers.
Yes

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Preliminary Final | Collingwood v GWS | MCG

Competing Club Members | 9am - 1pm, Tuesday September 17 AEST
AFL Members | 11am, Tuesday September 17 AEST
General Public | 2pm, Tuesday September 17 AEST

Club Members = 2 ticket per barcode, 8 tickets per transaction
MCC Visitor Ticket Limit = 1 visitor ticket per member
AFL Members Guest Pass = 1 ticket per member, no guest passes, 10 tickets per transaction

Map - https://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/pdf/AFL19_FINALS_WEEK3_MAP.pdf

Cheersquad:
- Collingwood = M33
- GWS = M3

Last edited:

ArielZ

Debutant
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am busy at 9am tomorrow when tickets come out. If I jumped on at 9:45, would I still be likely to get a ticket using my Collingwood membership?

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
I am busy at 9am tomorrow when tickets come out. If I jumped on at 9:45, would I still be likely to get a ticket using my Collingwood membership?
Highly likely in my experience. Though, it depends if you have a seating preference.

If you want level 1 and 2 best to get on early, but if you're not fussed sitting on the top level, then there will be spots available.

We're only playing GWS. It would be a challenge if we were playing a Victorian team.

Easily. Could most likely log on the day before the game and get a decent seat.

Last year's prelim sold out at around 11am and with ticketek's holding screen being just that as opposed to a queue the time you accessed the site didn't necessarily make a difference. I was on their site before 9am and got through moments before it sold out. Others accessed the site much later and were granted access to purchase tickets much earlier.

For the qualifying final this year I purchased tickets at around 9.30 and got straight through. Given they're playing GWS I imagine tomorrow will be much the same and you shouldn't have any issues.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Highly likely in my experience. Though, it depends if you have a seating preference.

If you want level 1 and 2 best to get on early, but if you're not fussed sitting on the top level, then there will be spots available.

We're only playing GWS. It would be a challenge if we were playing a Victorian team.
Giants have 30k members. Expect 5-8k travelling fans.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone have a pricing guide of what to expect when purchasing? Got to buy 4 tickets in total but don’t want pay out the ass just cause it’s a prelim!

1BBC528F-7FE8-4C80-A025-57E74FBA83DF.png

Prelim final ticket day, also quite excited. Coffee and Weet-Bix getting me ready for a big morning.

Porridge and a cup of earl grey tea is my breakfast of champions today, and not expecting too much trouble in getting tickets. Not like last year’s PF and missing out all together due to those tiggie flogs jumping on :mad:

Back