2019 Financials

Remove this Banner Ad

DeLaCon

All Australian
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
You dont even need a fund manager theres more than enough talent on the board to do this job. If they wanted to lazy they could just buy shares in Argo Investments or Australian United Investment Co and they could pick up the dividends. Easy and no fund manager required.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
You dont even need a fund manager theres more than enough talent on the board to do this job. If they wanted to lazy they could just buy shares in Argo Investments or Australian United Investment Co and they could pick up the dividends. Easy and no fund manager required.
Mehh too boring

I told brendon gale to buy $1,000,000 of bitcoin in 2013
I hope he listened to me

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Prob right after the GFC where I was just about singing for my supper such where my depths of despair Ive been with managed funds ever since , hand picked and they do all the work , still be working until I’m 82 but laughing like a fat spider

Indexed funds all the way. Even Buffet says so.

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond

Famous last words.
In 2008 Argo shares dropped a round 40% in value. Can you deal with that?
Imagine the outcry if RFC invested in something that fell 40%?
Good lord.
And it took the share price about 7 years to get the capital back. Can you deal with that?
Funnily (eerily) enough, the stock is trading right now around its pre GFC peak.
Feeling lucky, punk?

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Have now decided to sell everything and buy these 2 stocks , where have you been son , I’ve been here for 15y and that’s the most wisdom anyone’s posted , banggggggg

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Famous last words.
Good lord.
And it took the share price about 7 years to get the capital back. Can you deal with that?
Funnily (eerily) enough, the stock is trading right now around its pre GFC peak.
Feeling lucky, punk?
You’re kidding lucky I just caught that don’t remind me about the gfc , I could tell you a thing or two about a thing or two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
You’re kidding lucky I just caught that don’t remind me about the gfc , I could tell you a thing or two about a thing or two

Bo, I was managing money in the middle of it. Horrific.
When the market gets greedy I get fearful (WB).
Don’t know what it’ll be next time, maybe a sudden spike in rates, but markets will s**t themselves again.
If your mandate is long term super savings you can ride it thru (if you get caught) but if you’re managing a footy clubs cash you just shouldn’t get involved. As Kiwi says it’s to fund the plan, say a redevelopment of the facility, not to generate investment returns.

DeLaCon

All Australian
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Famous last words.
Good lord.
Feeling lucky, punk?
Well considering the Tiges jave won 2 flags in 3 years .. then YEP I am feeling lucky :cool:

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Bo, I was managing money in the middle of it. Horrific.
When the market gets greedy I get fearful (WB).
Don’t know what it’ll be next time, maybe a sudden spike in rates, but markets will s**t themselves again.
If your mandate is long term super savings you can ride it thru (if you get caught) but if you’re managing a footy clubs cash you just shouldn’t get involved. As Kiwi says it’s to fund the plan, say a redevelopment of the facility, not to generate investment returns.
I just stick with the funds these days old mate , they know what they’re doing , I was geared at the time so I saw 7-10y of growth evaporate like a fart in the wind , more diverse strategy is the key to ride through the gods of war and I imagine whoever was managing the funds would take that approach

It doesn't work like that for an AFL club.

There's many elements that go into the mix and impact any correlation between revenue and profit.

For example, football costs are relatively fixed through salary and soft caps. And you must spend the salary cap. So you must earn a sizeable revenue number just to break even on a football basis.

And I haven't mentioned membership and match returns. Membership margin depends on many things including yield.

Then there's strategic aims and the funding of same to add to the mix.

Our emphasis on Community through KGI and BHF, which have an activity or program based funding and cost model.

Aligned leisure requires volume to generate profit and cover fixed costs.

And we're a not for profit entity.

So there's no direct relationship between revenue and profit. Many elements go into baking the cake, Jason Castagna style!

So to monitor all this, we have incredibly capable and experienced staff backed by great systems and governance oversight to pull the right levers in the best interests of the Club and the members.

Haere Ra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back