2019 Financials

Remove this Banner Ad

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
No but seriously we are stupid rich. How are we making 4x more money than Richmond (IIRC 4 mil profit?), who have a bigger membership and 2 flags?

d0a1f8a76e38aa38114886b2c9d18c75.jpg

It feels good to be the king.

Kinda getting embarrassing now, we should really re-explore purchasing a Victorian club, folding them and using their facilities as an eastern states base of operations.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
d0a1f8a76e38aa38114886b2c9d18c75.jpg

It feels good to be the king.

Kinda getting embarrassing now, we should really re-explore purchasing a Victorian club, folding them and using their facilities as an eastern states base of operations.
’come visit our new Melbourne team store at 204-206 Arden st, North Melbourne‘

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
No but seriously we are stupid rich. How are we making 4x more money than Richmond (IIRC 4 mil profit?), who have a bigger membership and 2 flags?

I tried to explain this on the main board but good luck with Tiger supporters.

West Coast simply have a much bigger supporter base. They've got a heap of die-hard go every week buy everything supporters but also a heap of casual supporters that will buy merchandise for their kids etc. And all those eye-balls means more sponsorship dollars.

Richmond have a much smaller supporter base, but it's highly engaged with a high conversion rate of supporter --> member. They had good crowds even when they were terrible. West Coast has 90k members for a stadium that sits 60k. People paying for the privilege of being on a list. That's another level.

Collingwood is a closer comparison. They make more money that Richmond, have more supporters but fewer members.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
lol what? $22m profit is next level.
Without having seen the numbers of the other clubs, I wouldn't be surprised if that is bigger profit than every other club combined (or close to).

I skimmed the report (because I'd rather do anything than my work) and I think it's skewed by the $13 million in development funding, which I assume is government money.

If you take away the development money, it's more like $8 million after the WAFC royalty payments ($4 million).

Standardising that with the rest of the competition gives you something like $12 million in profit which is still far and away more than any other club. For comparison, Richmond made $4 million in profit the year after their premiership. (With pokies)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Ad they Still feel the need to bleed a few percent more out of their members season after season. Great result but seriously our membership cost could be halved and it would still be a huge result and be bigger than any franchise in the country.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
lol what? $22m profit is next level.
Without having seen the numbers of the other clubs, I wouldn't be surprised if that is bigger profit than every other club combined (or close to).

Relax Dad, dont count the $13 m grant for the Stadium, its one off, think $9m its modest & can be repeated.

Richmond have a much smaller supporter base, but it's highly engaged with a high conversion rate of supporter --> member. They had good crowds even when they were terrible. West Coast has 90k members for a stadium that sits 60k. People paying for the privilege of being on a list. That's another level.

The Richmond numbers are not as transparent as they should be imho.
The G has a 100k capacity, but the Cricket Club & AFL members take 40k of that, the Tiges effectively have a bit under 60k seating to fill.

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
West Coast revenue is $102,473,909, which is split into revenue form ordinary activities of $88,660,496 and other revenue outside ordinary activities of $13,813,413.

This according to some dude.
Edit - yep very legit .Upon revue .Overall revenue over $102 ,000,000
Just you know give that a hoorah because it puts us Eagles at number 1 with Richmond at number #2 with $92,000,000 total revenue despite their best creative efforts .Not that it means anything much really we know we are in a league of our own when it comes to dollerydoos but there you go.

Last edited:

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Whoever posted that can't read financial results. The surplus from ordinary activities before income tax expense was $8,026,853 which was an increase from the previous year which was $7,621,284. That is your profit figure.

The total comprehensive income for the year was $22,180,158. The revenue from ordinary activities was $88,660,496, which was a $6 million increase from the previous year.

Indian Pacific Limited, the holding company, does have an impressive $20,598,120 cash at hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back