List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup, the more I think about it, SOS deliberately didn’t trade for Martin. As you said he’ll get him for nothing. Newnes will be best 22 for them.
I really hope we don't just let Newnes walk to Carlton for nothing.

If he's deeperate to go there tell him to to the PSD, where they already have to take Martin.

We arent in Richmond's position where we can just let our depth walk out and get stuff all for them.

Vickery wasn't an out an out spud. He had a lot of ability but mentally not there.

Definition of a spud: Aaron Josephs
I'll never forget that time he leapt for the ball when it was at the other end of the ground!
Truly bizarre! Or the time he was asked to be a little bit physical for a change, so he goes the whole
Other extreme from his usual soft self, and knocks Cox out in the ruck with a laughable attempt at aggression!
So yeah it's safe to say he was not mentally all there!

I'd give him a chance on the minimum wage. We have a good crop of indigenous boys now with Ryder offering some valuable mentoring and experience!

Not sure we would have a list spot avail though or even a rookie for him, but if we did, i would def give him a go!
We have enough safe players on the list, would have no problem adding a genuine Risk/Reward player like Harley!

Get him right and the reward could be enormous.....Has more talent in his little finger than half our list!

Yep, agree 100%, Bennell if he could get his s*it together, & stay on the park would be brilliant and an absolute wildcard of a player....however, I think the club wants to stay clear of another Freezer type situation, as well as maintain the well earned current vibe of St.Kild being a club that is well organised and professional.
I get that, and I respect it.
Personally though...I'd give him a shot...if he has 3/4 the level of ability after his injuries, he would still carve other teams up. Jesus, imagine him, Hill, and Gresh ripping the opposition apart. Imagine Long and Parker with another year in them knowing those guys have their backs. Instead of being a team of Jack's we would become the Ace of f*cking spades with a Joker smile.

Lethlean was saying he didn't want to trade Bruce but as he was adamant he wanted to go to the dogs, we cut him loose. What he failed to mention is what you pointed out. Was 750k unreasonable for us to match?

In any case i am building a bridge and will trust that our leaders know what they are doing. Lot riding on King coming good next year.
This issue isn’t the next 2yrs with our cap, it’s years 3 and onwards ( from now ). King will command 7 figures, Clark a big pay increase, added to Hanners, Hill, Billings & Gresh all on big coin. We simply couldn’t afford Bruce @ 750 for the second half of his contract.

If Bennell lasts to our rookie pick I'd be all over him. Not keen for a main list spot though unless it's a 1 year contract on minimum coin.
He’s the equivelant of looking at a gorgeous girl on the beach while sitting next to your wife. You really really want to look, but know if it goes downhill, you’re in big strike.

I reckon it's gonna be an interesting watch on how GWS try to move up to pick 3. They have 6, 40 and next year's 1st.

Melb have knocked back 3 and next years 1st (likely 15-18) as would I. Reckon they need to get up into the top 10 next year.

The problem is, how? They will need to keep 6 you'd think so they don't have much to offer other clubs. I'd trade our 2020 1st for a low teens pick this year and next but they dont have the currency.

Interesting to see how they get it done

Yep, agree 100%, Bennell if he could get his s*it together, & stay on the park would be brilliant and an absolute wildcard of a player....however, I think the club wants to stay clear of another Freezer type situation, as well as maintain the well earned current vibe of St.Kild being a club that is well organised and professional.
Personally though...I'd give him a shot...if he has 3/4 the level of ability after his injuries, he would still carve other teams up. Jesus, imagine him, Hill, and Gresh ripping the opposition apart. Imagine Long and Parker with another year in them knowing those guys have their backs. Instead of being a team of Jack's we would become the Ace of f*cling spades with a Joker smile.
It would be exciting. I would be just trying to get 10 to 12 games plus finals out of him I think the work load of a full season would cause him to break down. I would love to see the saints take the risk

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s the equivelant of looking at a gorgeous girl on the beach while sitting next to your wife. You really really want to look, but know if it goes downhill, you’re in big strike.

True. LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly so far Coff hasn’t shown much. If we’re being totally honest I rate Bazza White higher than Coff based off what we’ve seen. In saying that I’m not writing the Coff off or anything, just giving him time.

In that draft I really wanted LDU or Cerra then Clarke. Obviously Stephenson has been amazing but I’m not too sure he would be that good if he wasn’t playing for a great team like the pies.

Stephenson is an over hyped Squibb. Useless in the Prelim. People talk about him like he is the next DeGoey.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally though...I'd give him a shot...if he has 3/4 the level of ability after his injuries, he would still carve other teams up. Jesus, imagine him, Hill, and Gresh ripping the opposition apart. Imagine Long and Parker with another year in them knowing those guys have their backs. Instead of being a team of Jack's we would become the Ace of f*cking spades with a Joker smile.

The next stage of evolving into a club that is well organised and professional is becoming a place where troubled souls are turned into model citizens (and super players).

Look at Richmond now... formally a dumping ground for talented players that were also broken men (Cousins, Yarran) it now takes in those who no one else will touch and helps them turn their lives around (Stack, Pickett).

If he's clean then I have zero problem in giving Harley another chance. Get him to board with Paddy.

More like Amanda Knox.

An extremely alluring proposition, but one that could spell the end to whoever picks her up :eek:

The next stage of evolving into a club that is well organised and professional is becoming a place where troubled souls are turned into model citizens (and super players).

Look at Richmond now... formally a dumping ground for talented players that were also broken men (Cousins, Yarran) it now takes in those who no one else will touch and helps them turn their lives around (Stack, Pickett).

If he's clean then I have zero problem in giving Harley another chance. Get him to board with Paddy.

Who he was a few years ago may not necessarily be who he is now. I trust the club wouldn't be stupid enough to recruit the 2015 version but if he's grown up I'd have no issue. Everyone deserves a chance to atone. He'd have to prove he's worth the risk though. I imagine the contract would be tight wherever he goes

Don't be so sure melbourne has a pick before Carlton and they also like Martin. Would the saints be silly to take a chance on Harley bennell. Good player very cheap and I think his troubled off field past is behind him. It's just will his body hold up.

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d give Bennell a rookie spot. The reward could be huge, the risks are obvious but for a rookie spot who cares
I’d like to see the club back ourselves. It’s time we started taking risks like this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back