List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookies don’t have to be elevated with one of the listed picks anymore I don’t believe.

Minimum in draft is 2 drafted and 1 rookie.

So if we have to upgrade Joyce and I assume we will upgrade Wilkie, we need to draft 2 - therefore we need 4 spots cleared.

It is a moot point but the article you linked actually quotes the fact he started as a Cat. B Rookie. Either way, he has done three years and he presumably has to be elevated as one of our three selections.
Well so it does. My bad.

Even Richmond said that Butler would be let go for a 4th or 5th round pick. It'll happen
Richmond under Balme have a policy of getting players not in our 22 to the team they want for zero fuss it helps with culture and makes us more appealing for players we are actually interested in

Miles last year given away for nothing best 22 at suns

Lloyd to dogs for pick in 60’s because he was a good servant and stuck in that 23rd man spot ended up dogs leading goal kicker

Butler life member premiership player stuck behind a few with also stack and Pickett needing games given away cheap

Overall a great trade period for the Saints. Got reamed on Steven but we knew it was coming. Most of us knew that whatever we got for Bruce was going to be used for Jones, so that wasn't a huge shock in the end. Still hurts a bit nonetheless.

Biggest thing for me is the coaching and management team obviously know what style of football they want to play, identified team needs to push us in that direction and they executed the trades accordingly. They got every guy they set out to get which is a massive win. No matter which way you slice it, our delivery inside f50 got a lot better with Hill and he provides a genuine elite link from half back going forward, we got a back up ruck who can provide chop out for Marshall, we got potentially a future AA KPD, a small forward for chump change to put pressure on for spots in the best 22, and Jones will certainly help us out on the quick track at Marvel.

Oh and some of the best news didn't even come via our acquisitions... Carlton Ins for the trade period: NIL

So we gave up: 6, 59, future 2nd, 3rd and 4th, Steven, Bruce and Acres for Hill, Howard, Ryder, Jones and Butler.

Did I get that right? Wow. Big win. So impressive that we could overpay for so many players.

You might be right, but we secured every player that we publicly were linked to. Compare that to Carlton. Who is going to put their hand up for a trade to Carlton when they might not get it done.
Think we won this trade period in many ways. Shows other potential players that if we are interested in them we will likely make it happen and I think that’s worth more than taking pick 32 to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nervous about Bruce dropping chest marks? Max King is the second coming of Jesus, first if you are Jewish. Get ready for the Ming Dynasty.
Firstly, it is Ryder's durability then it's the time Max will take to develop and assuming he stays fit.
In order to improve we need to find another 2 goals a game so we need an additional 60 goals out of those guys.
Just seems a little tenuous at the moment.

Richmond under Balme have a policy of getting players not in our 22 to the team they want for zero fuss it helps with culture and makes us more appealing for players we are actually interested in

Miles last year given away for nothing best 22 at suns

Lloyd to dogs for pick in 60’s because he was a good servant and stuck in that 23rd man spot ended up dogs leading goal kicker

Butler life member premiership player stuck behind a few with also stack and Pickett needing games given away cheap
The tiges are a great team to trade with I have to say. Thanks for the trade and hopefully Dan gets more gametime with us than he would've in your stacked forward line haha.

He played in the same team as Nat Fyfe. In 3 years he was 1st, 2nd and third.
Bit like Richmond getting Prestia second in bnf behind gaj up on the coast sometimes you just have to pay overs to get certain pieces in and back in your team. Paid off for us with Dion who won our bnf this year and statistically was champion data’s highest rated player second half of the year

Tldr you had to pay overs to get a player that suits rattens gameplan

Hill/jones/butler will suit ratten football under the roof

Can we lock Gubby, Satan and Lethers in to long term contracts??

Finally we have a team that matches up with any other club going around. It's a nice feeling.
Um. Satan is lethers. You’re thinking of gags.

The tiges are a great team to trade with I have to say. Thanks for the trade and hopefully Dan gets more gametime with us than he would've in your stacked forward line haha.
It is what it is he’s a pretty handy player who won a flag got injured at the wrong time and then got passed and struggled a little getting back into it fresh start does both clubs good

Firstly, it is Ryder's durability then it's the time Max will take to develop and assuming he stays fit.
In order to improve we need to find another 2 goals a game so we need an additional 60 goals out of those guys.
Just seems a little tenuous at the moment.
Getting the ball into F50 wasn't the issue.
Getting it into F50 to our advantage was. We'll do this better in 2020.

Brucey was a decent fwd but ruck work not so good. Ryder and Marshall tapping to our hungry fast smalls in Long, Butler, Parker, Lonie will also help scoring opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back