2019 Fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

**** if your gunna be like that, I hope the suns fin
nothing personal mate - for what its worth I like watching collingwood's style of play.
could substitute Collingwood and Essendon in my statement for any team if any team were in their places with that many primetime Friday night games.
more the principle of picking winners.
I hope it fails again and the AFL learn to not try pick winners, to spread the timeslot around to everyone, but with top 8 teams getting 2 or 3 or 4 each, but no more

Who else remembers when the crows had that ridiculous dream draw a few years ago, where their doubles ups (from memory) were:

GWS: first year
Gold Coast: second year
Port Adelaide and Fremantle: Who were both cellars dwellers at the time.

8 wins gifted straight off the bat
And if I recall
We knocked out freo in the semi finals and were 1 kick out of the grand final.

Hard to see the Pies finishing top 4 this season with their draw.

The Pies have a super easy draw when you consider that the players wants are recover. On review of all 22 games we are super well placed.
Of the 22 games we only meet our opponents 3 times where they have a longer recovery, one of those is North coming off the bye.
On 4 occasions we meet our opponents with the same recovery period.

THIS IS THE GOOD PART.

9 times we meet our opponents having had an extra days recovery .
6 Times we meet our opponents having had TWO extra days recovery.

So 15 times vs 3 we meet our opponents having had better recovery.

Agreed. You deserve a 5min highlights package on a Sunday at midnight at absolute best.
You’ll Be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find 5 minutes worth of highlights in a Fremantle game.

The Pies have a super easy draw when you consider that the players wants are recover. On review of all 22 games we are super well placed.
Of the 22 games we only meet our opponents 3 times where they have a longer recovery, one of those is North coming off the bye.
On 4 occasions we meet our opponents with the same recovery period.

THIS IS THE GOOD PART.

9 times we meet our opponents having had an extra days recovery .
6 Times we meet our opponents having had TWO extra days recovery.

So 15 times vs 3 we meet our opponents having had better recovery.

Ah, so there shouldnt be any reason not to replicate 2018 then.

AFL giving geelong a joke of a fixture again. they have it way too easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Collingwood get such a sweet fixture for money making, 9 games, 7 on Fridays and 3 Thursdays, when we get 3 Fridays, 3 Thursdays, yet we have attracted the largest crowds for the last two years and for 3 of the last 4 years not to mention our Thursdays had over 1 million viewers on each night, does Eddie have pictures of Gill with an Au Pair girl or something and Essendon after bringing the game to it's knees for 4 years and not winning a final in recent history get 3 Thursdays and 3 Fridays?

Is there any more contrived competition in World sport, how much would it cost to draw the fixture from a bloody hat or barrel, they could have a TV show about it to recoup some of the lost money, but overall there would still be blockbusters and all clubs would get a random chance at a good or bad draw and on the big money making games.

nothing personal mate - for what its worth I like watching collingwood's style of play.
could substitute Collingwood and Essendon in my statement for any team if any team were in their places with that many primetime Friday night games.
more the principle of picking winners.
I hope it fails again and the AFL learn to not try pick winners, to spread the timeslot around to everyone, but with top 8 teams getting 2 or 3 or 4 each, but no more
You didn't let me finish, I as going to say I hope the Suns finish a lot higher than where they have been last couple of years, so that we all can enjoy them on the big stage, and all the best to its supporters. Why you want to hate on the pies, we love you all.

Telstra dome was the best name. Made sense to primary school me - it’s got a roof, it’s a dome. Certainly not calling it marvel stadium ffs.
All I'm saying learn to accept and love change, don't be all mad when the Pies and Tiges play in the first ever night GF later next year.

ABC aren't permitted to use sponsored product, so you'll find that's the same across the country in all codes:

Adelaide Oval :padlock:
Blundstone Arena, Hobart = Bellerive Oval
The Gabba, Brisbane :padlock:
GMHBA Stadium, Geelong = Kardinia Park
Adelaide Arena at Jiangwan Stadium, Shanghai, China = Jiangwan Stadium
Melbourne Cricket Ground :padlock:
Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast = Carrara Stadium
Mars Stadium, Ballarat = Eureka Stadium
Marvel Stadium, Melbourne = Docklands Stadium
Optus Stadium, Perth = Perth Stadium
Riverway Stadium, Townsville = Townsville Cricket Ground
Sydney Cricket Ground :padlock:
Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney :padlock:
TIO Stadium, Darwin = Marrara Stadium
TIO Traeger Park, Alice Springs = Traeger Park
UNSW Canberra Oval, Canberra = Manuka Oval
University of Tasmania Stadium, Launceston = York Park
It's the NRL venues that are more interesting.

It's the NRL venues that are more interesting.
Roughly the same number, although some more outlandish names.

ANZ Stadium = Stadium Australia
Allianz Stadium = Sydney Football Stadium
AAMI Park = Melbourne Rectangular Stadium
McDonald Jones Stadium = Newcastle International Sports Centre
Sydney Cricket Ground :padlock:
Leichhardt Oval :padlock:
Campbelltown Stadium :padlock:
1300SMILES Stadium = Willows Sports Complex
Mt Smart Stadium :padlock:
Panthers Stadium = Penrith Football Stadium
Cbus Super Stadium = Robina Stadium
Jubilee Oval :padlock:
GIO Stadium = Canberra Stadium
Suncorp Stadium = Lang Park
Shark Park :padlock:
Lottoland = Brookvale Oval
Sunshine Coast Stadium :padlock:
WIN Stadium = Wollongong Showground
Western Sydney Stadium :padlock: (for now)
Belmore Sports Ground :padlock:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back