Remove this Banner Ad

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
EDIT: Fixture released -
Interactive: http://www.afl.com.au/fixture#season=CD_S2019014&round=CD_R201901401
PDF: https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2019-AFL-Premiership-Season-Fixture.pdf

So we're no doubt expecting the fixture to be out in the last week of October, but that won't stop me or anyone else speculating (will it?)

There are odd quirks of the fixture (think Carlton not visiting the Crows in Adelaide between 2010 and 2018) which fans of various clubs will want to see rectified... I know from a Collingwood perspective it'd be nice if we could have a return fixture against the Swans in Melbourne, a club we haven't hosted down here since 2013.

Who do you want your team to play twice, or who once? New marquee games?

Fire away folks o_O

Last edited:

Essendon's fixture will be pretty heavily locked in already. Given that Collingwood and Richmond finished top 6 and Carlton bottom 6 it means we're a certainty to play Carlton twice, and likely Collingwood and Richmond. Suspect we'll be getting:

Top 6: 2x Collingwood, Richmond
Middle 6: 2x North Melbourne, Sydney
Bottom 6: 2x Carlton

Trips to Sydney, Adelaide, West Coast, Gold Coast, Fremantle

MCG games against Collingwood x2, Richmond x2, Carlton x2, Geelong and Hawthorn. Playing Melbourne twice is also a distinct possibility.

1, A "home" Friday night Showdown.
2, At least 3 games at the MCG
3, Gold Coast away (so I can plan a little getaway around it)
4, Id love for the AFL to have only 2 bye weekends.. a split round in round 11 or 12. play 5 games 1 weeks and 4 games the week after.
5, Ditch the pre finals bye

1, A "home" Friday night Showdown.
2, At least 3 games at the MCG
3, Gold Coast away (so I can plan a little getaway around it)
4, Id love for the AFL to have only 2 bye weekends.. a split round in round 11 or 12. play 5 games 1 weeks and 4 games the week after.
5, Ditch the pre finals bye

We just don't get home night showdowns anymore. Haven't since 2007.
Port always get them to boost their crowds.

No Tassie games and less Saturday games would be my personal preference. Didn't get to see us once this year because of my own local footy and games interstate falling in my bye rounds.
Would like some more Friday nights perhaps against some quality opponents like West Coast, Melbourne or even GWS.

I dont really rate draws as important,to neithe ability to lift in Seotember is. I think well get an easy 8ne thus year though. Ladder position7 gives us a middle 6 draw, and one top 6 double up. That has to be the Swans who finished 6th. Still a lot of luck with how your double ups perform though.
Thus year the Criws were supposed to be hard and the Eagles easy, just didn't work out that way.

I was happy to avoid Friday nights last year, just find the centre stage and the Vic media focus unpleasant. Would like one at Spotless against a big club this year. Tigers, Pies or Hawks would be good. Eagles or Crows also great, but I cant see the VFL allowing an interstate match up.

If the nervousness about the crowd at Spotoess on a Friday night continues, the Swans would guarrantee a sellout.

A home game against Essendon, at least 3 Friday night games (2+ at home) and a bye after Darwin.
At Docklands too please. Don't want an MCG game vs Dees and a Docklands vs Geelong/Hawthorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont really rate draws as important,to neithe ability to lift in Seotember is. I think well get an easy 8ne thus year though. Ladder position7 gives us a middle 6 draw, and one top 6 double up. That has to be the Swans who finished 6th. Still a lot of luck with how your double ups perform though.
Thus year the Criws were supposed to be hard and the Eagles easy, just didn't work out that way.

I was happy to avoid Friday nights last year, just find the centre stage and the Vic media focus unpleasant. Would like one at Spotless against a big club this year. Tigers, Pies or Hawks would be good. Eagles or Crows also great, but I cant see the VFL allowing an interstate match up.

If the nervousness about the crowd at Spotoess on a Friday night continues, the Swans would guarrantee a sellout.
You're top bracket, due to beating Sydney week 1. Ladder post finals the one that counts.

You're top bracket, due to beating Sydney week 1. Ladder post finals the one that counts.
You sure?
I'm not certain but recall seeing it was ladder position somewhere. I know you're not prone to bullshitting, but a reference for my peace of mind would be good.

Tks
I hadn't seen the link before. I can see in the wording how the confusion arises, but also your point.

Ah well it's not that big a deal anyway. I quite like the idea of playing the Pies, Tigers and you guys twice. Those games draw well at Spotless.
Somehow doubt that happens. You'd probably be the least likely top 6 double up for us.

Double ups against:
1-6: West Coast, Collingwood, Melbourne
7-12: Adelaide,
13-18: Brisbane
Knowing the AFL they probably will schedule the Brisbane match at the G but the West Coast one at marvel.
Preferably no more than 3 Thursday Games.
4-5 Friday Night games.
More Afternoon games.
Play North Melbourne at the G for once?
Only 2 games at Marvel preferably.

Somehow doubt that happens. You'd probably be the least likely top 6 double up for us.
We did get the Tigers in 2016, so it's possible. I do get the preference for filling the G with games between the big Melbourne clubs but there has to be some limits. Those clubs and the Blues and Hawks have a fair traditional Sydney supporter base.
Friday night at Spotless for any without a double up is fine as well though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back