Prediction 2019 Fixture Wish List

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven’t played all 3 big 4 teams twice since 2014. What makes that even more unlikely is that none of them finished in our group. We usually play two twice and rotate the one we don’t play twice. Collingwood’s turn next year.

Given that we’re almost likely to play Carlton twice, that would mean we play one of Richmond or Collingwood twice. Whichever of the two don’t play us will almost certainly play one or both of Melbourne and/or Hawthorn twice given that they’ve all finished in the same grouping.
You need to look at the whole picture with the "big four". Not just us. Richmond played all the other 3 twice this year, as did the Pies. Last year Carlton and Collingwood the same. Next year it will likely be us and Richmond due to Carlton's inability to do so.

You need to look at the whole picture with the "big four". Not just us. Richmond played all the other 3 twice this year, as did the Pies. Last year Carlton and Collingwood the same. Next year it will likely be us and Richmond due to Carlton's inability to do so.
Richmond only played Carlton once this year. Played Collingwood and Essendon once last year. Last time they played all 3 twice was 2015.

Collingwood playing all 3 twice is actually not common in recent history. Last time it happened before this year was 2015. In fact, it has only happened twice since 2007 for Collingwood (2015, 2018). Last year, Collingwood played both Richmond and Carlton once.

Last time Carlton played all 3 twice was 2013. This year, they played Essendon and Richmond only once.

Last time Essendon played all 3 twice was 2014. We’re actually the only one to have at least 2 double-ups against the big 4 every year.

Not saying that it won’t happen, but it’s not as common as you think.

Last edited:

Round 2 possibly leaked. Has us vs Carlton at the MCG at 3:20 on Sunday.

Hopefully we can get 2x VFL praccy matches against Preston and Geelong those days as well.

Round 2 possibly leaked. Has us vs Carlton at the MCG at 3:20 on Sunday.

Hopefully we can get 2x VFL praccy matches against Preston and Geelong those days as well.
It would be funny if we had Hawthorn round 3 and St Kilda round 4.

AFL milking the Shiel thing if that happens

It would be funny if we had Hawthorn round 3 and St Kilda round 4.

AFL milking the Shiel thing if that happens
I really hope we don't have Hawthorne round 3. My best mate is getting married that week a\so it's basically out of action for that weekend. Personally hoping for somebody nobody cares about. Like Norf.

So it seems so far in terms of our fixture

• Rd 1 away to Giants
  • Rd 2 v Carlton (maybe)
  • Good Friday v North (appears to be confirmed)
  • Two games v Collingwood
  • Only 1 game v Richmond
  • Featuring in a fair amount of prime time games (according to an article in the Age)

JLT games and round 1 are all away games, so whatever that round 2 game is I'd hope and expect it to be a home game.

If it's Carlton it'd certainly be interesting, since that fixture was the straw that broke the camel's back last year. Good to get it out of the way and have a bit of something to prove as well. On the other hand, Carlton are opening vs Richmond on the Thursday in round 1, so they'll have a couple of extra days to prepare and won't be flying home from anywhere either. If it's a Friday game they'd have eight days and we'd have five. 9 and 6 if it's a Saturday game...

So the AFL fixtured an early season Sunday night game (AEST) in Perth while we're in daylight savings against a Victorian team.

We're probably that Victorian team against Fremantle round 3 or West Coast round 4.

Over the last two years Melbourne have had such an advantage, playing us the game after anzac day. In both years we were in the game at half time and were blown away in the 3rd.

Only solution I can see, is playing Collingwood both games.

Over the last two years Melbourne have had such an advantage, playing us the game after anzac day. In both years we were in the game at half time and were blown away in the 3rd.

They only have one extra day's break. Next year it's likely to be us vs them on Thursday or Friday Night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cairns Post saying that Essendon is scheduled to play nine Thursday and Friday night games.

Considering there'll be 8 Thursday night games, the first 5 of which Essendon are definitely not a part of according to channel 7, it means that we'll have a minimum of 5 FN games. Maximum of seven if we have only 1 Thursday night game.

Cairns Post saying that Essendon is scheduled to play nine Thursday and Friday night games.

Considering there'll be 8 Thursday night games, the first 5 of which Essendon are definitely not a part of according to channel 7, it means that we'll have a minimum of 5 FN games. Maximum of seven if we have only 1 Thursday night game.
Very happy with that. Although I suspect that GF may be counted as one, and ANZAC Day another despite the afternoon timeslots.

That’s excellent. By comparison, the Tigers got 8 Thursday/Friday games this year.

Haven't played a home game against you in 8 years, I think you're doing OK in the advantage stakes.

The article says 9 Thursday night and Friday night games as well as GF, ANZAC day, Dreamtime and Country game.
That's 13 spaces locked in. Suspect we may have 3 Sat arvo/4 Sunday/2 other Sat Night games of the rest.

Fremantle in Perth round 3? You’re kidding me. Let me guess. During the day? 30 degree heat? It’s bs if that’s true.

More just my educated guess. Fremantle have asked to play us early in the year at home and to do something special with the 25 yr guernsey ect

We did last year so likely it happens again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back