2019 Fixture wishlist

Remove this Banner Ad

A Thursday or Friday night Showdown should be top of the list. It's the best rivalry outside of VIC, and arguably in the entire league. Give it the prime time it deserves. Slightly left-field, wouldn't even mind starting and finishing the season with a Showdown. R1 and R23. Now that would be cool.

Don't mind Saturday arvo games.

At least 4 games at the MCG, we had two this year and three at Etihad.
A 4-1 split would be ideal, but I'm dreaming there. I wouldn't even care if they were all against top 4 VIC sides.

Brisbane at home. We'll get Geelong at GMAHGDHGJGGAJGJA Stadium I'm sure.
No TAS or ACT games.

Double up against the Suns, StK, Port, Freo, Geel.

Part of the reason I'd love Port to have somehow jagged 6th spot was they'd be a Top 6 double up, meaning we'd have either 0 or 1 more of them

Shame they let me down ;)

View attachment 546860

So we will get 2x T6, 2xM6 (inc Port) & 1xB6; won't be 1-2-2 for us.

Guaranteed! Abso****inglutely guaranteed.

Play MCG teams at the MCG.

If MCG tenant teams want to sell games it must be against other Vic sides. This should have been a clause of the MCG GF deal.

Lots of Thursday/Friday night games at AO - love em.

Agree strongly with this, I've been whinging about it for years.

The AFL then ensures these clubs are given an extra game in Melbourne "away" so that they can still sell full memberships to their supporters.

Selling a game? play one less in Victoria, Melbourne vs. Hawthorne in NT/Tas for example.

Only 3 out of 15 games at non-AFL stadiums had Victorian opposition.

Clubs that are benefiting from selling games to non-finals venues should be the ones playing in them.

Especially the MCG tenants, Melbourne sell games, still conveniently have 11 games at the MCG (15 in Victoria) and Hawthorn have 14 games in Victoria, 4 in Tasmania, they play just 4 games at non-Victorian club home grounds (against a genuine home ground advantage).

The teams that are selling games aren't losing anything, it's the clubs that should be getting access to their grounds and playing on AFL Finals venues that are giving up the most.

No games in Geelong, Ballarat, Canberra, Hobart or any other piece of s**t ground that is a pain to get to and isn't used for finals.

No six day breaks before and after showdowns. We always seem to cop this (and a shitload of injuries when it happens).

I wonder if we'll get a "they'll bounce back" fixture or be dumped from all of the good time slots. I think our games rated well regardless of form?

I like Thursdays and Fridays.

Maybe another Saturday afternoon game would be good.

Don't like waiting for Sunday twilight.

This was the first year in a long time we weren't the away team before both Showdowns, probably didn't hurt that Port managed to make the return trip from Mars before the last Showdown.

I thought the 4 games in a row at AO (to do with Ports China game scheduling) would "set us up" but we paid the cost, traveling from the NT, Perth and Melbourne within 20 days after it.

Part of the reason I'd love Port to have somehow jagged 6th spot was they'd be a Top 6 double up, meaning we'd have either 0 or 1 more of them

Shame they let me down ;)

View attachment 546860

So we will get 2x T6, 2xM6 (inc Port) & 1xB6; won't be 1-2-2 for us.

I like night games. Sat twilight Showdown was good though.
Sure would be nice if it was 1,2,2 though... maybe double ups against Sydney (we do ok at the SCG), Port, North, Carlton and Gold Coast. Bugger it. I want a soft draw with easy teams away and hard at home and best case scenario, we end up top two, get two home finals and then actually show up on GF day... it could happen. Right?

Sure would be nice if it was 1,2,2 though... maybe double ups against Sydney (we do ok at the SCG), Port, North, Carlton and Gold Coast. Bugger it. I want a soft draw with easy teams away and hard at home and best case scenario, we end up top two, get two home finals and then actually show up on GF day... it could happen. Right?

Double up against WCE & Sydney are prob the T6 (or WCE & GWS). We will def get the WA team as a double...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home games vs West Coast, Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Sydney are a must.

Also we are very long overdue to play Hawthorn in Launceston and I think that will happen.

Play North at Docklands.

Probably on my own, but I would like the Ballarat game.

It is a nice road trip and good town to stay in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
With you on this would love a Ballarat game for the same reasons
The only problem is there ground not big enough to cater for the crowd. Crows supporters travel.

I read over the weekend that Crows and Port have asked the question for a Friday night showdown next year...
talk is that its quite likely to happen

Couldnt care less what sort of timeslot we get.

I want maximum MCG games (although us missing finals will undoubtedly ruin any slim chance we had).

I want a relatively tough fixture. Not really hard but i want it to be in the top 8. God forbid if we beat up on some easier teams, Pyke and co will steamroll into finals with Plan A and only plan A.

Now Gold Coast aren’t selling a home game to go to China, we can buy one off them, then Port can play a home game in China rather than have another club do all the heavy lifting.

Then again, the GWS Giants, North Melbourne or the Western Bulldogs could play a home game in China.

Well the middle 6 is GWS/Sydney, Geelong, Roos, Port and Essendon plus us.

One of the double ups is Port, the other? Played GWS twice in a few years but haven’t played Sydney twice in a year for awhile. Wouldn’t mind that.

Wouldn’t mind playing two of the top 6 as it stands. Would like to play Hawks twice next year.

Collingwood and Richmond will play each other twice and Collingwood might play Melbourne twice as well (increase AFL crowds). We would probably get West Coast and Hawks twice.

Bottom 6, who cares out of that lot.

Think we will return to top 4. We are more than capable and 2019 can’t possibly be like 2018 plus first time in 4 years we are getting pre-season earlier.

Well the middle 6 is GWS/Sydney, Geelong, Roos, Port and Essendon plus us.

One of the double ups is Port, the other? Played GWS twice in a few years but haven’t played Sydney twice in a year for awhile. Wouldn’t mind that.

Wouldn’t mind playing two of the top 6 as it stands. Would like to play Hawks twice next year.

Collingwood and Richmond will play each other twice and Collingwood might play Melbourne twice as well (increase AFL crowds). We would probably get West Coast and Hawks twice.

Bottom 6, who cares out of that lot.

Think we will return to top 4. We are more than capable and 2019 can’t possibly be like 2018 plus first time in 4 years we are getting pre-season earlier.
having Roos as the 2nd double up from that group would be the ideal draw from an "easy fixture" perspective. Although 1 would probably be a good chance of being in Tassie which off sets that a little.

Would think we would be likely to get Dees twice based on the Lever effect still, plus the fact we seem to have a willingness to play them in NT (but really this should be a game that gives us the chance on MCG exposure instead). Possibly Richmond based on hangover effect of the GF and camp drama too.

As far as MCG exposure goes most of the teams likely to provide that are in that top 6 group. I can see it being a year where we get 1 MCG game against Richmond or Collingwood with a game against Melb but in NT. Then if were lucky there will be a 2nd against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back