2019 Fixture wishlist

Remove this Banner Ad

ALL of our Victoria games at the MCG.

Considering that’s where we will always have to play a GF, it is absolutely reasonable for us and all non-Victorian clubs to demand every Victorian game be played there.
Denied. You'll get the hard ground of Marvel to bugger your legs, a a couple of games in Tassie and Ballarat.

Denied. You'll get the hard ground of Marvel to bugger your legs, a a couple of games in Tassie and Ballarat.
Exactly.

Equalising the MCG is the biggest issue in football. If the GF is going to be there forever, then it needs to become a neutral venue, or as close to neutral as possible. Having Collingwood, Richmond, Melbourne and Hawthorn having the massive advantage of playing 80% of their games on the GF venue, while we get one or two games is unacceptable. It is a fact, the more often you do something, the better you get at it. It’s a complete BS arrangement and all non-Victorian clubs have to get onboard this push for change. Even the likes of Carlton and Essendon should be getting onboard. They get stuck in the smaller venue, only getting to play on the GF venue when they play the MCG tenants. Again complete BS. I imagine this not only affects their onfield results but also their attractiveness for sponsorship. There is no reason why the MCG can’t be equally used by all Victorian clubs. Oh, and * what Eddie thinks. His opinion shouldn’t be considered any more than valuable than anyone else.

Good chance we play Sturt 2x next year given the AFL like to pair up teams who have poached players in trades
Might even get the eagles twice for poaching their coach

So we will get 2x T6, 2xM6 (inc Port) & 1xB6; won't be 1-2-2 for us.

Why shouldn't it be 1-2-2 ? The Crows finished 12th after all which is the very bottom of the middle 6. By rights the Crows should get the easiest draw of all the middle 6 clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...9/news-story/d61d171a77108a94459b7f31d3efb9f8

Love how it makes no mention of any expectation that Adelaide receive a softer draw for finishing at the bottom of M6 :rolleyes:

So basically should've started tanking after the Freo loss (which I was personally hoping for), because apparently only finishing 13th or lower guarantees you a trip down Easy St.

If the club had done that, at least we wouldn't have spent the last three weeks bickering about pick upgrades and possibly selling the farm for two exceptional SA talents.

But the club "refuses to accept mediocrity". They continue to play blokes like Mackay post-injury layoff (instead of the kids killing it in the reserves who have done more than enough to earn a shot at it), then goes about hobbling to the finish line on virtual crutches anyway and finishes in a position where we'll STILL get screwed by the fixture, and be just outside the range of the 'Super Seven' in the draft :drunk:

As if the debacles of this year weren't insulting enough :mad:

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...9/news-story/d61d171a77108a94459b7f31d3efb9f8

Love how it makes no mention of any expectation that Adelaide receive a softer draw for finishing at the bottom of M6 :rolleyes:

So basically should've started tanking after the Freo loss (which I was personally hoping for), because apparently only finishing 13th or lower guarantees you a trip down Easy St.

If the club had done that, at least we wouldn't have spent the last three weeks bickering about pick upgrades and possibly selling the farm for two exceptional SA talents.

But the club "refuses to accept mediocrity". They continue to play blokes like Mackay post-injury layoff (instead of the kids killing it in the reserves who have done more than enough to earn a shot at it), then goes about hobbling to the finish line on virtual crutches anyway and finishes in a position where we'll STILL get screwed by the fixture, and be just outside the range of the 'Super Seven' in the draft :drunk:

So you think an easy draw is the right of a team who wasn't good enough to play finals?

I've seen this mentioned before and I just don't agree. By that Freo game we had already banked 6 wins, Freo won 8 for the whole season. For us to finish below them we would have had to have gone 1-9, that just is not realistic.

We DID finish below North, Port Power and Essendon, that was best case scenario.

I don't understand what advantage Thursday nights have for the AFC. Impact Late night shopping, School day, country supporter. Play them all in Melbourne.
I know my brother hates Thursday night games. After 11 at best by the time we get home and he is up at 4.30 for work.

It's really hard to to determine at this point what constitutes an easy / hard draw in term of who we play.

What looks easy now may not be and vice versa.

I think all you can hope for is just 1 x WA trip, no more that 1 x regional trip, as many games at G as possible.

Commercially, as many Thurs night games as poss ( although I hate them)

At a pinch you could probably hope for double up v GC and Carlton and no double on say Melb, Coll, WCE (all play AO well)

Any thing else is a punt.

I don't understand what advantage Thursday nights have for the AFC. Impact Late night shopping, School day, country supporter. Play them all in Melbourne.

I don't understand "late night shopping" . Supermarkets are open til 9pm every week night. Lots of department store (Target, BigW).

If you want to attend the footy, I'm sure you'll find some time on the weekend to go buy that jacket from Myer instead.

It's really hard to to determine at this point what constitutes an easy / hard draw in term of who we play.

What looks easy now may not be and vice versa.

I think all you can hope for is just 1 x WA trip, no more that 1 x regional trip, as many games at G as possible.

Commercially, as many Thurs night games as poss ( although I hate them)

At a pinch you could probably hope for double up v GC and Carlton and no double on say Melb, Coll, WCE (all play AO well)

Any thing else is a punt.

Why commercially? Crowd wise Friday or Saturday would be better. Interstate supporters would be less likely to travel one would think.
Does the AFC get anything in addition from the AFL. The fans are charged more this year so it doesn't bring fan costs down. I'm no for one to Thursdays at AO.
If its Thursday night play it in Melbourne or the northern states.

I don't understand "late night shopping" . Supermarkets are open til 9pm every week night. Lots of department store (Target, BigW).

If you want to attend the footy, I'm sure you'll find some time on the weekend to go buy that jacket from Myer instead.
And what about the people working in the stores wanting to go or watch on tv.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back